New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Voigtlander 40 f/2 SL vs SL II

Mike Ganz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Voigtlander 40 f/2 SL vs SL II

I picked up a Voigtlander 40/f2 Ultron SL at a really good price to use as a walk-around lens on an A7R2. Can someone fill me in on the differences between the SL and SL II variants? I haven't been able to find much by searching the FM archives or googling...most results refer to the SL II. I'm curious if the difference between the two is that great.

EDIT: Don't have the lens yet...due to arrive tomorrow.

Dec 07, 2017 at 01:16 PM
JimUe
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Voigtlander 40 f/2 SL vs SL II

CameraQuest - Voigtlander SL Series I 40/2 Ultron Aspherical (third section down the page)

CameraQuest - Voigtlander SLII 40/2 Ultron Aspherical: Version 1; Version N; & Version S; (fourth, fifth and sixth sections down the page)

differences are mostly cosmetic, filter ring colour, focusing ring colour, focusing distance colour, aperature ring colour, lens hood, focusing ring grip material, design, etc.

mass, smallest f/stop and minimum focus distance are slightly different

Dec 07, 2017 at 02:29 PM
Mike Ganz
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Voigtlander 40 f/2 SL vs SL II

Thanks for the information. Lens arrived today, and it looks its the SL II N variant based on the info in your links. Makes the great deal even better. Thanks again.

Dec 08, 2017 at 04:28 PM
Lee Saxon
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Voigtlander 40 f/2 SL vs SL II

The II and IIn versions came with a little domed hood and close focus filter that the SL did not come with. It sounds like the IIs is tweaked to close focus without this adapter. Also, the SL did not have EXIF which all II versions do. But for a collector the SL cosmetic design is the coolest IMHO.

Dec 08, 2017 at 07:40 PM
Mike Ganz
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Voigtlander 40 f/2 SL vs SL II

The lens that I have is not chipped and has a Nikon AIS mount, black all metal focusing barrel. It also came with the close focus ring and domed hood. Basic SL II version.

Dec 10, 2017 at 06:37 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.