Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · do you sell your pictures?

nugeny
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · do you sell your pictures?

Many years ago I started to be interested in selling my pictures in art fairs. It was fun for a while because I did make some money. But I was still working. It was to much to do all, so I stopped the photo selling business,
Well it was at least 15 years ago. Now I am retired and am having more time, I am wondering if it is still worth while to try to sell my printed pictures.Any of you guys here are selling? just wonder.

Dec 07, 2017 at 12:13 AM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · do you sell your pictures?

Hello, any interest?

Dec 11, 2017 at 06:24 AM
Fred Amico
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · do you sell your pictures?

No, I'm not interested in selling. It's a hobby for me, and want to keep it that way.

Dec 11, 2017 at 05:27 PM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · do you sell your pictures?

Fred Amico wrote:
No, I'm not interested in selling. It's a hobby for me, and want to keep it that way.

hobby? same for me. However I take it to a higher level. Thanks to digital process, I am proud that I create each picture all by myself. Every step all the way to final prints and even framing. I have personal gallery for me to enjoy my images and show therm off to friends and visitors. Years ago I used to give prints to friends. They are proud to display my images in the living rooms. That was great. But it became expensive and slowly I found out, they wanted to pay for the images and made sure I didn't forget my signature. Besides I love the process of printing. It is expensive and I run out of place to display them.
It happened over and over, but I just give you one example. A new dentist moved next to me. In the beginning, she just wanted to see my pictures. But one day she liked one picture of Yosemite so much, that she paid $400.00 for it. She hung it in her waiting room. As soon as the picture was there, she got so much admiration for the decoration of the waiting room. Now she started to buy more and more pictures. The last time I counted it was 22 of them filling up her dental office and her home.
My pictures decorate a lot of family rooms. Photography is art and this visual art needs to be shown.
Now I am retired. Having more time, I thought of selling pictures on the street of San Diego and in the art fairs. Well, I haven't been able to summon up my courage.
Bob

Dec 11, 2017 at 06:15 PM
Jefferson
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · do you sell your pictures?

.. If you enjoy it, do it. Besides, it can take your mind off of being retired (which can be a "job" if you think about it too much) ..

Jefferson

Dec 11, 2017 at 06:49 PM
Fred Amico
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · do you sell your pictures?

nugeny wrote:
hobby? same for me. However I take it to a higher level. Thanks to digital process, I am proud that I create each picture all by myself. Every step all the way to final prints and even framing. I have personal gallery for me to enjoy my images and show therm off to friends and visitors. Years ago I used to give prints to friends. They are proud to display my images in the living rooms. That was great. But it became expensive and slowly I found out, they wanted to pay for the images and made sure I didn't
...Show more

Like Jefferson said, if you enjoy it, then go for it. I do print some images for family and friends, but don't charge for them. I did at one time think about maybe selling, but decided I didn't want the hassle of billing, tracking orders, etc., so abandoned that idea. And, yes, I know I could use an online service like SmugMug or Zenfolio to do most of the work for me, but it would still (for me) take it out of hobby mode. And hobby mode is where I want to be.

Dec 11, 2017 at 07:57 PM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · do you sell your pictures?

Fred Amico wrote:
Like Jefferson said, if you enjoy it, then go for it. I do print some images for family and friends, but don't charge for them. I did at one time think about maybe selling, but decided I didn't want the hassle of billing, tracking orders, etc., so abandoned that idea. And, yes, I know I could use an online service like SmugMug or Zenfolio to do most of the work for me, but it would still (for me) take it out of hobby mode. And hobby mode is where I want to be.

Yes I want to sell like a hobby. No web! One day I will sell pictures at a roadside ...

Dec 11, 2017 at 08:02 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.