Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · New Camera/Backpacking/Hiking Bag by Tenba coming....

Seasentinel
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New Camera/Backpacking/Hiking Bag by Tenba coming....

I wanted to post this as through my long quest to find an alternative to the "regular" camera bags out there led me to this forum due to a few posts about others searching also. I thought others might be interested in this and maybe hadn't heard of it just like I hadn't.

Thanks to this forum and GroovyGeek posts along with a couple blogs I found on the subject, I was able to finally decide on a hiking backpack to use along with an insert. I've been using a LowePro 250 AW II and the thing was killing my back and shoulders to a point I just couldn't deal with it anymore hence my quest.

I do urban exploring where I have the bag on my back most of the day and need to carry extra things along with the camera gear such as water/drinks, snacks, portable charger for the phone, and sometimes a jacket.. I also do overnights and need extra of the mentioned for the next day as well along with a sleeping bag or tree hammock. I'd been carrying a 7D with 1-3 extra lenses in the main compartment along with the tripod in the side outside pouch. Food and drinks went in the top compartment which really wasn't sufficient spacewise but I made do. Other items went in various pockets. Total with all those things including extra camera batteries was about 17-19lbs...including the weight of the bag with nothing in it which I believe is about 2-3lbs. The straps dug into my shoulders and even with the waist belt I was still in pain. I've had a Kata Bag in the past with a good deal of weight in it and it was much more comfortable than the LowePro. I'd read others had the same issues with the straps.

Anyway enough of the rambling but I just stumbled upon this... copy and paste the link....not sure why clicking does not work.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1032536695/shimoda-adventure-camera-bags?ref=77588x&utm_source=website&utm_medium=banner-tenba&utm_campaign=kickstarters

when I found out Tenba made a now makes a vertically oriented camera insert which I just purchased for the Gregory Targhee 32L . I just bought as well. https://www.tenba.com/products/tools-byob-10-dslr-backpack-insert.aspx#Features

The bag looks pretty well thought out and probably would've purchased one if I had done a bit more searching a few days ago. However it was only due to hunting for an insert that I stumbled upon the kickstarter. Maybe later on in the year I'll buy it.

Added note.... I didn't want to buy a F-stop bag/Mindshift etc for various reasons ... price, others commented on how it wasn't comfortable.

Dec 06, 2017 at 11:59 AM
Monika C
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New Camera/Backpacking/Hiking Bag by Tenba coming....

Shimoda was started by Ian Millar, who was a designer for F-Stop.

Dec 06, 2017 at 12:10 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.