New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · New Studio Work With Marie - C&C

S.n.a.p.s
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New Studio Work With Marie - C&C

Hi there Everyone..

I posted this in the people forum, but maybe its better here for some C&C?

Its been 4 years away from the camera..
I now have a new camera, studio space and new software to master. I'm feeling quite like a fish out of water.

I just finished my first shoot with a aspiring model, who just won the local grand masters in Bikini fitness.
Marie really wanted to show off her hard abs after all her hard work & diet.

I have only retouched 1 shot so far and was hoping for a little C&C before I post elsewhere and get started on the rest of her images. I tend to light and retouch my images in somewhat of a beauty photography style.

I chose this image to retouch because there was a lot of hair of the left side of her face to clean up and I wanted a challenge as I'm really out of practice.

Anyway.. thanks for looking and let me know what u think plz..

http://duann.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/20171126-21.10.44-Edit-2-1.jpg

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:01 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New Studio Work With Marie - C&C

Not being a portrait guy, I can not offer much critique, but I like the image a lot for what it's worth.

Nov 30, 2017 at 11:43 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New Studio Work With Marie - C&C

S.n.a.p.s wrote:
Hi there Everyone..

I posted this in the people forum, but maybe its better here for some C&C?

Its been 4 years away from the camera..
I now have a new camera, studio space and new software to master. I'm feeling quite like a fish out of water.

I just finished my first shoot with a aspiring model, who just won the local grand masters in Bikini fitness.
Marie really wanted to show off her hard abs after all her hard work & diet.

I have only retouched 1 shot so far and was hoping for a little C&C before I post
...Show more

Beautiful lady, and nice portrait. A couple of nits to consider. I would have straightened out the rumples in her outfit as best as possilbe, and also uncurled and evened the waistband on her brief. Also, the photo on my monitor has an orange cast. Was that a creative decision? Otherwise this will be a nice addition to your portfolio.

Steve

Nov 30, 2017 at 12:37 PM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New Studio Work With Marie - C&C

The different in the light on her face vs. the rest of her body is throwing me off.

I'd like to see a little more fill in there.

Were the nipple piercings meant to be so overt?

Welcome back to photogrraphy!! Definitely looking forward to learning more about portraiture.

Jeff

Nov 30, 2017 at 01:23 PM
S.n.a.p.s
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New Studio Work With Marie - C&C

thanks for the comments .. She just had her bodybuilding competition that day so her body was still painted.. I think thats orange look.. also I like to shoot warm.. I found it muddy on her clothes so i tried to take some back some.
I cleaned up the hair on top and I also evened the light a bit. I added the chopped off elbow.. i don't think anyone will know its not real..

How does this one look?

http://duann.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/20171126-21.10.44-Edit-2-1-5.jpg

Edited on Nov 30, 2017 at 05:41 PM · View previous versions

Nov 30, 2017 at 03:04 PM
S.n.a.p.s
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New Studio Work With Marie - C&C

beavens wrote:
Were the nipple piercings meant to be so overt?

Welcome back to photogrraphy!! Definitely looking forward to learning more about portraiture.

Jeff

Well the stud is in the shot.. didn't know if I should remove it or not.. and thanks!

Nov 30, 2017 at 04:47 PM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New Studio Work With Marie - C&C

S.n.a.p.s wrote:
Well the stud is in the shot.. didn't know if I should remove it or not.. and thanks!

I guess it all depends on the intended audience/message whether the piercings stay in or not. Cause they are pretty noticeable if not.

Jeff

Nov 30, 2017 at 08:33 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.