Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2017 · Adorama shipped me Canon's photo printer in its retail box?

Max_Pain
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Adorama shipped me Canon's photo printer in its retail box?

So I bought in to the 6DII + 24-105mm lens + printer kit. I'm not sure I want the printer but I do want the free grip and rebate. Anyways, printer arrived last Saturday. The rest of the order is arriving today.

I have never ordered a big item like this, but I expected the printer would come in a shipping box with *something* to protect it during shipping. Instead, Adorama literally affixed a UPS label on the printer's retail box and shipped it to me that way. I haven't even opened the box due to fear of damage.

Is that typical behavior? Should I be concerned that the printer was damaged in transit considering how it was shipped?

Nov 27, 2017 at 06:03 PM
jstrawman
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Adorama shipped me Canon's photo printer in its retail box?

I just received an all-in-one laser printer from Amazon that was shipped to me this same way.
I have had no problems. The box showed no scrapes, dents, or punctures. The printer was suspended with heavy styrofoam.

Nov 27, 2017 at 06:25 PM
snapsy
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Adorama shipped me Canon's photo printer in its retail box?

The large Canon printers have always shipped this way. Canon packs them with thick, hard foam - it would take a truck driving over the box to damage the printer inside.

Nov 27, 2017 at 06:27 PM
M. Best
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Adorama shipped me Canon's photo printer in its retail box?

I’ve seen this a lot. I’ve seen computers, monitors, printers, and even tv’s that some company just slaps a label on the box. For the most part, these items are well packed with form fitting styrofoam. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Nov 27, 2017 at 07:28 PM
Max_Pain
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Adorama shipped me Canon's photo printer in its retail box?

Alright, I guess I was worrying for nothing. Will hopefully get a chance to open and test it tonight.

Nov 27, 2017 at 08:13 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Adorama shipped me Canon's photo printer in its retail box?

I just had a new guitar shipped the same way: in the original box logos and all. The guitar was fine but the box was beat. Seems to be common to ship larger items this way. Must be tough to find a bigger box to ship a large item in...

Nov 27, 2017 at 08:58 PM
Photonadave
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Adorama shipped me Canon's photo printer in its retail box?

This is typical for large items that are already well packed by the manufacturer in the product's original box and packing materials with all the labeling and advertising pertaining to what's inside showing.

Off the top of my head, a few examples of items from separate purchases from different distributors that I received that were shipped in their OEM boxes are a Bissell carpet cleaner, Canon Pixma Pro 9500 II printer and a Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS USM lens. They all just had the shipping labels slapped on and off they went.

Nov 27, 2017 at 09:46 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Adorama shipped me Canon's photo printer in its retail box?

I had a Canon 600 f/4 IS II shipped to me in just the Canon brown box....it was a little more expensive than a printer.
Of course it is also the way it was shipped over from Japan so I wasn't all that worried about it.

Nov 27, 2017 at 09:58 PM
TeamSpeed
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Adorama shipped me Canon's photo printer in its retail box?

It's a box, it's meant to be shipped, with the contents all padded. Why would we want a box inside a box? That would be a waste of material.

Nov 27, 2017 at 10:45 PM
RogerZoul
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Adorama shipped me Canon's photo printer in its retail box?

I assume that is a pro 100 printer. I love mine. Makes my images seem much more real than just viewing them on screen. I use precision colors 3rd party ink ( I am not selling anything yet) and I save a ton on ink. If you also buy the paper on their deals you can skrink ownership cost to very little.

Max_Pain wrote:
So I bought in to the 6DII + 24-105mm lens + printer kit. I'm not sure I want the printer but I do want the free grip and rebate. Anyways, printer arrived last Saturday. The rest of the order is arriving today.

I have never ordered a big item like this, but I expected the printer would come in a shipping box with *something* to protect it during shipping. Instead, Adorama literally affixed a UPS label on the printer's retail box and shipped it to me that way. I haven't even opened the box due to fear of damage.

Is that typical
...Show more

Nov 27, 2017 at 10:59 PM
JohnBrose
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Adorama shipped me Canon's photo printer in its retail box?

You must not order many items through the mail. Many items are not packed in an additional box-they are typically packaged for shipment from the manufacture.

Nov 27, 2017 at 11:17 PM
Ming-Tzu
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Adorama shipped me Canon's photo printer in its retail box?

As others have mentioned, no cause for concern as most big items ship without a generic cardboard box. No issues as long as everything inside is good to go. Personally, the only drawback to that type of shipment is letting other people know what you're buying, which I really dislike lol

Nov 27, 2017 at 11:47 PM
Max_Pain
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Adorama shipped me Canon's photo printer in its retail box?

JohnBrose wrote:
You must not order many items through the mail. Many items are not packed in an additional box-they are typically packaged for shipment from the manufacture.

I actually get a ton of stuff delivered all the time. More than one item a week. Some weeks dozens of items. Usually it's packed in a shipping box. Even all the big lenses I've borrowed from Canon have come shipped in big shipping boxes.

I'm considering whether to keep the printer, as we really would like a photo printer but really don't have the real estate in the house where to install this monster. Let's see.

Nov 28, 2017 at 12:04 AM
JohanEickmeyer
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Adorama shipped me Canon's photo printer in its retail box?

It is a bit annoying when you plan on selling the item and the original box has stickers, scraps, punctures, and dents all over. Otherwise, yeah, they are packaged very well and all the moving parts inside are usually secured with foam spacers or taped to not rattle.

Nov 28, 2017 at 12:50 AM
therealthings
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Adorama shipped me Canon's photo printer in its retail box?

Not sure how large your printer is. My IPF large format printer came on a pallet in it's original box and was sealed to it. That was the only item that came in it's original box but i didn't worry because it was sealed. Other printers i had always were ones i picked up myself at a store, no box in box concept there either. Maybe it's normal for printers?

Nov 28, 2017 at 12:53 AM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Adorama shipped me Canon's photo printer in its retail box?

I recently bought 2 packages of 11x14 paper. They came in a 16x24 inch box 4 inches high. I bought these exercycle pedals and it came in the retail box with a shipping box. Then Amazon added another box to ship in. It is like nesting dolls!!! No wonder I am being overrun by boxes!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002VWJYSE/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvp_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=3341940462&pd_rd_wg=Zhvgn&pf_rd_r=713SPEJR59CWTVX1DJ21&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-bottom-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B002VWJYSE&pd_rd_w=FwYUB&pf_rd_i=exercise+bike&pd_rd_r=57eb1764-2481-4c68-8620-a3793edfd204&ie=UTF8&qid=1511849622&sr=1

Nov 28, 2017 at 01:20 AM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Adorama shipped me Canon's photo printer in its retail box?

Max_Pain wrote:

Is that typical
...Show more

There shouldn't be any need for concern; we ship literally thousands of these every week in the manufacturer box, which as others have stated is designed to protect the contents completely.
However, if you have any issues with the printer, please email me: [email protected]

Nov 28, 2017 at 04:41 AM
TeamSpeed
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Adorama shipped me Canon's photo printer in its retail box?

The bigger the item, the greater the chance it will ship in its own box. The smaller the item, the more likely the package is handled more roughly, and thus could use a bit more padding, and the more likely a box of a near size for the goods exist.

Nov 28, 2017 at 06:54 AM
4x4rock
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Adorama shipped me Canon's photo printer in its retail box?

I got the same printer too.
I also got a micro sd card from Amazon shipped in a large box. Talking about wasting material. Lol.

Nov 28, 2017 at 11:31 AM
TeamSpeed
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Adorama shipped me Canon's photo printer in its retail box?

There are so many times I had to wonder why Amazon used boxes and not padded mailers for the things I order. Like screen protectors for phones, or a set of cheap earphones, etc...

Nov 28, 2017 at 10:32 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.