Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · new brand and portfolio ...

heikoM
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · new brand and portfolio ...

Hi,

you know, we finally came to the conclusion that it will not work to show our new stuff on the old site. It does not work together.

So we made a new brand, a new site, a new everything...

I would like to get some feedback on the site, if you are willing or on the portfolio slideshow... or both if you are bored (0:

h ttps://just-schmidt.com

and the slideshow (tried to implement the video here, but it did not work)

https://just-schmidt.com/slideshow/

Thank you!

heiko

Nov 26, 2017 at 02:17 PM
jecottrell
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · new brand and portfolio ...

Outstanding video!

Wedding Work I & II aren't working for me. Mac w/ Chrome.

Nov 26, 2017 at 05:43 PM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · new brand and portfolio ...

I couldnt see much in my ipad, all messy. There must be something wrong with the script that runs the site in the first link.

The second link is super !, which planet did you say you are coming from ? 😊

Nov 26, 2017 at 06:05 PM
heikoM
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · new brand and portfolio ...

Was a cache problem, it's fixed now

heiko

Nov 26, 2017 at 08:46 PM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · new brand and portfolio ...

It looks great, honestly. And veeeery specialized. I think many people will wonder if the whole wedding is going to be shot in that way, so you may get some pushback from that stand point. I think the work is amazing. I'm curious of how it will be received by people looking to book!

Side note: I've watched you explore for years now with your photography and I am truly impressed and inspired by your push to create something uniquely you and visually consistent. Cheers, Heiko!

Nov 27, 2017 at 10:00 AM
ronrandle
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · new brand and portfolio ...

heikoM wrote:
Hi,

you know, we finally came to the conclusion that it will not work to show our new stuff on the old site. It does not work together.

So we made a new brand, a new site, a new everything...

I would like to get some feedback on the site, if you are willing or on the portfolio slideshow... or both if you are bored (0:

h ttps://just-schmidt.com

and the slideshow (tried to implement the video here, but it did not work)

https://just-schmidt.com/slideshow/

Thank you!

heiko

Heiko, really nice work and it presents a very specialized visual approach. I hope it works well for you.

On an unrelated note, you might want to consider purchasing the domain www.justschmidt.com for $50. Using a hyphenated URL is generally poor for organic SEO and for only $50 you could own www.justschmidt.com without a hyphen.

And before anyone says it, no, I do not own www.justschmidt.com ;-)

Ron

Nov 27, 2017 at 12:15 PM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · new brand and portfolio ...

I would align to the logo and text to be more selective/serious like the images. Would Leica start their website with "our cameras are different"? Of course they're different.

This whole project is a personal journey of figuring out what photography means to YOU, and I would reflect that in everything. As if to say, "this is my art, dammit." Some customers love supporting the tortured artist and that's who I would try to connect with.

You might spend some time on Jonas Peterson's site as a reference for a voice. He was a talented advertising writer and blogger before picking up a camera professionally. This core marketing sense of the target client will sustain you beyond the value of the art alone. Think, image (in an advertising sense).

Nov 27, 2017 at 12:22 PM
heikoM
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · new brand and portfolio ...

LeeSimms wrote:
I would align to the logo and text to be more selective/serious like the images. Would Leica start their website with "our cameras are different"? Of course they're different.

This whole project is a personal journey of figuring out what photography means to YOU, and I would reflect that in everything. As if to say, "this is my art, dammit." Some customers love supporting the tortured artist and that's who I would try to connect with.

You might spend some time on Jonas Peterson's site as a reference for a voice. He was a talented advertising writer and blogger before
...Show more

that is good... I´ll think about it. Thank you.

I am quite familiar with Jonas´, as I followed him intensively years ago.

heiko

Nov 27, 2017 at 02:15 PM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · new brand and portfolio ...

He really has a gift at packaging the solo-artist-who-just-happens-to-pay-the-bills-with-photography-and-aren't-you-glad-he-will-grace-your-day-with-his-presence vibe.

Nov 27, 2017 at 03:44 PM
heikoM
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · new brand and portfolio ...

ronrandle wrote:
Heiko, really nice work and it presents a very specialized visual approach. I hope it works well for you.

On an unrelated note, you might want to consider purchasing the domain www.justschmidt.com for $50. Using a hyphenated URL is generally poor for organic SEO and for only $50 you could own www.justschmidt.com without a hyphen.

Ron

yeah, right...

Nov 27, 2017 at 03:58 PM
czak

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · new brand and portfolio ...

i think you should stick to b&w pictures in the slideshow

Nov 28, 2017 at 03:25 PM
brick33308
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · new brand and portfolio ...

I like your point of view and processing. I wonder thought whether many brides will get it.

Nov 28, 2017 at 03:52 PM
InSanE
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · new brand and portfolio ...

There are some issues with scaling.

This is how it opens up on ultrawide, too much white space on top, not that any bride will watch on ultrawide ;-)

https://imgur.com/a/muWK3

also, if you target .de it is best to use .de domain

Nov 29, 2017 at 04:00 AM
heikoM
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · new brand and portfolio ...

InSanE wrote:
There are some issues with scaling.

This is how it opens up on ultrawide, too much white space on top, not that any bride will watch on ultrawide ;-)

https://imgur.com/a/muWK3

also, if you target .de it is best to use .de domain

yes, I know. If you have a wide-screen, you need to scroll. Otherwise it does not look good on normal screens, as it sits too high then.

I actually do not target Germany, then I would not need to make the site in English.

thank you

heiko

Nov 29, 2017 at 10:34 AM
heikoM
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · new brand and portfolio ...

dhp_sf wrote:
Side note: I've watched you explore for years now with your photography and I am truly impressed and inspired by your push to create something uniquely you and visually consistent. Cheers, Heiko!

thank you! Kind words...

heiko

Nov 29, 2017 at 10:35 AM
heikoM
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · new brand and portfolio ...

ronrandle wrote:

Ron

Sorry for being bitchy, actually was no spam

Bought it...

heiko

Nov 29, 2017 at 11:09 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.