New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Vegas and Grand canyon in December

pmacharya

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Vegas and Grand canyon in December

Planning a trip to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon and Antelope canyon in late December. Any advice on location and weather would be appreciated.

Oct 21, 2017 at 07:39 PM
stanparker
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Vegas and Grand canyon in December

I've been to GC in January and it wasn't bad. Low around 19F as I recall, but could be much worse I'm afraid. Enjoyed the snow that was there, felt it added to the photos. Standing at an overlook early one morning, I was surprised when a tour bus pulled up and 45 people joined me. Point is, lots of people visit in winter, just dress warmly.

Antelope Canyon has been amazing for me in March several times, should be good in Dec. Used to be smaller crowds in winter, probably no longer. Still, you will enjoy.

Nov 19, 2017 at 06:17 AM
BauerPower
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Vegas and Grand canyon in December

Christmas is a very popular time for families at the Grand Canyon. Better book now. Check to see Park Service rules on personal vehicles for access westward along the south rim to Hermit's rest. Generally, you can use your own vehicle for that seven mile section of road from Dec 1 through February. Yaki point is bus access only all year long.

Nov 19, 2017 at 08:40 AM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.