FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · The Opening.....

R.H. Johnson
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The Opening.....

Giofra

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4488/37840902161_100128941d_h.jpg+

Fransesco Santoro Rodeo Dr. Beverly Hills, Ca.

Edited on Oct 21, 2017 at 07:32 PM · View previous versions

Oct 21, 2017 at 05:31 PM
gheller
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The Opening.....

Nice light, rule of thirds, and use of DOF.

It *almost* would work for an advertising image if not for the distracting background elements. Definitely doesn't need to be absent of background clutter, but the white chair in the corner draws away from the subject, as does the red cup.

Also would modify your watermark to lose the outdated shadow effect... year also is strange in a watermark.

HTH

greg

Oct 21, 2017 at 07:23 PM
R.H. Johnson
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The Opening.....

Digital Millennium Copyright Act (or DMCA) To win a case under the DMCA, the name of the author, or copyright owner, or the copyright notice must have been removed from the work or altered. The DMCA refers to this as “copyright management information.”

If someone copies your work, whether a photograph, a painting, or an article, without your permission, it is copyright infringement. However, most people do not know that it is also a violation of copyright law for someone to remove a copyright notice from the work. Removing or altering a copyright notice from an image or stripping metadata from the picture file is a violation of the DMCA. A person can be liable for between $2,500 and $25,000 plus attorney’s fees for removing from a work what the DMCA calls “copyright management information” from a work

copyright management information the © symbol, or the word "Copyright" or abbreviation "Copr."; the year of first publication of the copyrighted work; and. an identification of the owner of the copyright, either by name, abbreviation, or other designation by which they are generally known.

Edited on Oct 21, 2017 at 08:23 PM · View previous versions

Oct 21, 2017 at 07:41 PM
R.H. Johnson
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The Opening.....

gheller agreed on background. the lighting was horrendous tungsten overhead spot lights. no excuses, i did the best i could being put on the spot with deplorable conditions. imagine what i will be like under controlled conditions in the studio.

i was invited to an opening on Rodeo Dr. Beverly Hills, Ca. by a photographer that actually shot and image on display that evening. i brought my camera, go figure. the models agent took one look at my 1DX, 70-200mm (way to long for that venue), flash & diffuser and asked me if i would like to shoot a few. i shot on the spur of the moment run and gun. the agent, the owner, the publishers, the producers, the celebs, high end clientele, and the guest all liked my work except the official photographer that was there to shoot the event. lol

i have finally broken the glass ceiling in the high rent district. we shall see if i get the opportunity to shoot some gigs and get paid the big bucks.

Oct 21, 2017 at 08:08 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · The Opening.....

Congratulations on getting on the "inside".

As to the image itself ... the "under the circumstance" aspect is understood. But, we also play the hand we're dealt.

As to the red cup ... I think there is an opportunity to "play" to it.
I understand the title and the folks on the left. If we take them out of the equation, then it is just the girl, and the boy ... having caught the attention of the boy as she walked on by. Isn't that the objective of fashion, after all.

A little bit of tweak on the BG tonal value / hue / sat to shift things a bit more toward our prime time area (the phone, the purse, the belt, the lipstick, etc.) that the model is sporting. Since her mission is to get you to notice the products, we don't need the BG competing too much, even if it does present context.

Again, congrats.

P.S. I added your name (rather than mine) for DMCA purposes. Let me know if you have a different preference.

© R.H. Johnson 2017

Oct 22, 2017 at 01:12 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · The Opening.....

Not my venue, but I liked it at first and even better after that Crafstman Kent did his magic.

Oct 22, 2017 at 01:54 PM
R.H. Johnson
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · The Opening.....

RustyBug agreed. thank you. i have one of those. thank you to Ben.

i'm having extreme difficulty adjusting colors correctly on my present system. hopefully i will fair better when my son finishes my new photography based desk-top. this 2k 99% gamma Adobe RGB monitor should make all the difference in the world:

http://www.benq.us/product/monitor/sw2700pt/

we shall see.

Oct 22, 2017 at 02:53 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · The Opening.....

not much to add, but I am impressed with the image overall, all the more so with tungsten lighting to correct
not sure what to do but she seems a bit atilt.
Scott

Oct 22, 2017 at 07:16 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.