Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Thinking about an X-T2...

Patrick Cox
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Thinking about an X-T2...

I started out with a number of different DSLRs and then when I had to reduce my photography time, I sold my DSLR kit and purchased a Sony a6000. I did enjoy that camera for awhile but now I have the desire to make another change. I was thinking about another DSLR and maybe even FF. But then I stopped by Best Buy to look at the models I am considering and even the smallish (by enthusiast DSLR standards) Nikon D7500 with 18-140 lens felt large and heavy in my hands. So I guess maybe I am too far removed from DSLR to go back. But I do want something a bit larger than the a6000. So, right now I am considering either a Sony A7ii or a Fuji X-T2. I mainly shoot landscape, travel and then just family stuff that I want a bit better than the iPhone. Also, a good standard zoom with IS is important to me.

So I guess my question is - for those of you who have used both Sony and Fuji, what are your thoughts on the two? What do you like about the Fuji over Sony, or vice versa?

Thanks!

Oct 19, 2017 at 05:59 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Thinking about an X-T2...

I would look at this:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1507310

Oct 19, 2017 at 07:02 AM
Patrick Cox
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Thinking about an X-T2...

leighton w wrote:
I would look at this:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1507310

Very helpful. Thanks for the link!

Oct 19, 2017 at 07:40 AM
gregfountain
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Thinking about an X-T2...

You can use the EXIF Gallery in the menu at the top, and Select Fujifilm>XT2>Any X lens and then do the same for Sony if you want to compare images that have been posted on FM that contain EXIF data. Just remember that not everyone who owns a camera concerns themselves with proper composition, focus and exposure, but there are plenty of excellent examples of both systems to get an idea of what they are capable of. Also, you are sure to encounter a myriad of "lens test" images, some of which drive me nuts (I'm still not clear on why people think the horizon needs to be tilted 45 degrees), but you can simply ignore them if you wish.

Good luck!

Oct 19, 2017 at 07:55 AM
Patrick Cox
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Thinking about an X-T2...

gregfountain wrote:
You can use the EXIF Gallery in the menu at the top, and Select Fujifilm>XT2>Any X lens and then do the same for Sony if you want to compare images that have been posted on FM that contain EXIF data. Just remember that not everyone who owns a camera concerns themselves with proper composition, focus and exposure, but there are plenty of excellent examples of both systems to get an idea of what they are capable of. Also, you are sure to encounter a myriad of "lens test" images, some of which drive me nuts (I'm still not clear on
...Show more

Wow, that's a neat feature! I was not aware of that. Thanks!!

Oct 19, 2017 at 08:14 AM
Patrick Cox
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Thinking about an X-T2...

Well, I thought I would post a follow up here. I ended up buying an XT-2 kit online and when the camera arrived, for some reason I was not crazy about the ergonomics. I even tried the Fuji grip (not battery grip) and that didn't feel right either. So I decided to find a store that sells Fuji and I drove over to try some other models. And as soon as I held the X-Pro2, I knew that was the camera for me. It really feels great in my hand - even with the smaller grip. There seems to be more room to hold on to the camera with one hand and the controls are laid out very well. So I looked on the B&S board and I found a very nice used model and bought it. I hope to receive it in the next few days but I am very excited. I know the EVF won't be as nice but the OVF is pretty cool. And I wish X-Pro2 had the articulating screen but these two compromises are worth the benefits. Now to lenses...

Oct 29, 2017 at 06:06 AM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.