FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · H2O

morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · H2O

A little fun with patterns in nature. Reflections on the East Pond on a partly cloudy day with a touch of fall color mixed into the reflections.

101617DSC_0192_DxO by Morris Bennett Altman, on Flickr

101617DSC_0195_DxO by Morris Bennett Altman, on Flickr

Comments and suggestions welcome,

Morris

Oct 18, 2017 at 10:19 AM
conebeam
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · H2O

Would be a great desktop background.

~Mansur

Oct 18, 2017 at 10:26 AM
Brev00
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · H2O

You seem to enjoy a lot more subtlety than I would employ. For an abstract like this, I would probably go all out with enhancements. Particularly saturation and exaggeration of the texture of the ripples. Perhaps that is telling as to the wide range of personal tastes that photographers can have. I would also want a wide dof.

I just opened the Landscape Forum and immediately saw that this was posted here as well as in the Nature Forum. I have never seen this double posting before. A mistake as this does not seem to be a fit for the Landscape Forum?

Oct 18, 2017 at 10:59 AM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · H2O

Very soothing shots Morris ~ Ron

Oct 18, 2017 at 06:36 PM
Rick Joyce
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · H2O

As one old enough to remember, I recall the times when a glass bowl of water covered with coloured oils was placed on an overhead projector and projected to a screen in the early days of psychedelia.
These images bring flashbacks.

Oct 18, 2017 at 06:54 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · H2O

conebeam wrote:
Would be a great desktop background.

~Mansur

Thank you Mansur

---------------------------------------------

Brev00 wrote:
You seem to enjoy a lot more subtlety than I would employ. For an abstract like this, I would probably go all out with enhancements. Particularly saturation and exaggeration of the texture of the ripples. Perhaps that is telling as to the wide range of personal tastes that photographers can have. I would also want a wide dof.

I just opened the Landscape Forum and immediately saw that this was posted here as well as in the Nature Forum. I have never seen this double posting before. A mistake as this does not seem to be a fit for the Landscape
...Show more

Thank you Brev,
Yes there are varying tastes and while I'd enjoy these pushed, the gentle tones are what I love here. As for being in the landscape forum, they too do abstracts and have enjoyed some of mine. Also, there is a feature to cross post. Look at the bottom options carefully the next time your post

surfnron wrote:
Very soothing shots Morris ~ Ron

Thank you Ron,
Yes and it was a sooting time, that is till the sways came rushing in:
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1513329/

Rick Joyce wrote:
As one old enough to remember, I recall the times when a glass bowl of water covered with coloured oils was placed on an overhead projector and projected to a screen in the early days of psychedelia.
These images bring flashbacks.

I'm glad you have enough brain cells left functioning from the '60s to recall this Rick. And this was followed by all those bold colors in the '70s. Glad I was able to sturr the cob webs.

Morris

Oct 19, 2017 at 06:16 AM
Herb Houghton
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · H2O

Very nice use of the reflected light Morris. I like them both.

Oct 19, 2017 at 03:31 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · H2O

Herb Houghton wrote:
Very nice use of the reflected light Morris. I like them both.

Thank you Herb

Morris

Oct 20, 2017 at 07:03 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.