Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2017 · Matriarch of Savuti - taking a page from Mike's book + Baboons + EDIT

kdacharya
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Matriarch of Savuti - taking a page from Mike's book + Baboons + EDIT

I tried my hand at a B&W conversion. even though the stare was not direct, the light was magnificent and so was the intensity of the lioness.
Mike any tips from you would be very appreciated
C&C is most welcome

© kdacharya 2017

Intensity

free fride

Edited on Nov 03, 2017 at 06:25 AM · View previous versions

Oct 16, 2017 at 02:34 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Matriarch of Savuti - taking a page from Mike's book + Baboons + EDIT

No tips KD, a wonderful image

Morris

Oct 16, 2017 at 06:20 PM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Matriarch of Savuti - taking a page from Mike's book + Baboons + EDIT

Very well done KD ~ Ron

Oct 16, 2017 at 10:04 PM
kdacharya
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Matriarch of Savuti - taking a page from Mike's book + Baboons + EDIT

morris wrote:
No tips KD, a wonderful image

Morris

thanks Morris, appreciate the vote of confidence
---------------------------------------------

surfnron wrote:
Very well done KD ~ Ron

thanks Ron, appears that this is not a popular subject or probably not done the right way...

Oct 17, 2017 at 10:42 PM
conebeam
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Matriarch of Savuti - taking a page from Mike's book + Baboons + EDIT

KD,

I like these. The lioness is gorgeous.

~Mansur

Oct 17, 2017 at 11:05 PM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Matriarch of Savuti - taking a page from Mike's book + Baboons + EDIT

lookin very nice in B&W KD

Oct 18, 2017 at 02:54 AM
DonGut
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Matriarch of Savuti - taking a page from Mike's book + Baboons + EDIT

I'm not a B&W guy but here goes; 2nd shot is a classic baboon shot, nothing special in colour or B&W. The 1st show probably is more powerful in this format. It really shows the intensity and age of the lioness. The cropping is a little tight, my only crit.
Don

Oct 19, 2017 at 12:01 AM
kdacharya
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Matriarch of Savuti - taking a page from Mike's book + Baboons + EDIT

conebeam wrote:
KD,

I like these. The lioness is gorgeous.

~Mansur

thanks Mansur. you have to go to Bots. It's a dream destination

Oct 20, 2017 at 07:16 AM
kdacharya
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Matriarch of Savuti - taking a page from Mike's book + Baboons + EDIT

kmunroe wrote:
lookin very nice in B&W KD

thanks Kenny. appreciate the viewing and the comment.

Oct 20, 2017 at 07:17 AM
kdacharya
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Matriarch of Savuti - taking a page from Mike's book + Baboons + EDIT

DonGut wrote:
I'm not a B&W guy but here goes; 2nd shot is a classic baboon shot, nothing special in colour or B&W. The 1st show probably is more powerful in this format. It really shows the intensity and age of the lioness. The cropping is a little tight, my only crit.
Don

thanks Don for taking the time to view and to offer constructive criticism. I will reprocess the lioness in and increase the room around the subject.

Oct 22, 2017 at 09:16 AM
kdacharya
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Matriarch of Savuti - taking a page from Mike's book + Baboons + EDIT

DonGut wrote:
Don

thanks Don for taking the time to view and to offer constructive criticism. I will reprocess the lioness and increase the room around the subject.

Edited on Oct 22, 2017 at 12:26 PM · View previous versions

Oct 22, 2017 at 09:16 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Matriarch of Savuti - taking a page from Mike's book + Baboons + EDIT

Very nice conversions KD.

Birdie

Oct 22, 2017 at 09:34 AM
Herb
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Matriarch of Savuti - taking a page from Mike's book + Baboons + EDIT

I would frame that lioness.....awesome B&W Photo!

Oct 22, 2017 at 09:51 AM
kdacharya
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Matriarch of Savuti - taking a page from Mike's book + Baboons + EDIT

birdied wrote:
Very nice conversions KD.

Birdie

thanks a lot for viewing and commenting, Roberta.

Oct 23, 2017 at 12:23 AM
kdacharya
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Matriarch of Savuti - taking a page from Mike's book + Baboons + EDIT

Herb wrote:
I would frame that lioness.....awesome B&W Photo!

thanks Herb. appreciate your viewing and the comment.

Oct 24, 2017 at 07:34 AM
carlwoo
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Matriarch of Savuti - taking a page from Mike's book + Baboons + EDIT

Wonderful B&W with beautiful light and excellent details!

Nov 02, 2017 at 03:24 PM
runakid
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Matriarch of Savuti - taking a page from Mike's book + Baboons + EDIT

I liked them both. The baboon is really special as the baby is looking right at you.
No reply necessary.
dan

Nov 02, 2017 at 03:56 PM
the_norwegian

p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Matriarch of Savuti - taking a page from Mike's book + Baboons + EDIT

Great pictures! I am no expert, but on the lion i would pay a little more attention to the edges around the cat, it`s really difficult to work with a completely black background. But you got something going there, no doubt!

Nov 02, 2017 at 04:12 PM
James McQueen
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Matriarch of Savuti - taking a page from Mike's book + Baboons + EDIT

Wow ... excellent stare from the lioness.

-Jim

Nov 02, 2017 at 05:44 PM
kdacharya
• • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Matriarch of Savuti - taking a page from Mike's book + Baboons + EDIT

kdacharya wrote:
thanks Don for taking the time to view and to offer constructive criticism. I will reprocess the lioness and increase the room around the subject.

Please see the edited version
---------------------------------------------

the_norwegian wrote:
Great pictures! I am no expert, but on the lion i would pay a little more attention to the edges around the cat, it`s really difficult to work with a completely black background. But you got something going there, no doubt!

thanks for viewing and the suggestion. Please see the edited version

edited based on suggestions received

Nov 03, 2017 at 06:27 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.