New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Milano Streets

edeag3
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Milano Streets

I used to be the photography editor at my college newspaper, but now as a "fully functioning" adult, I'm finding I have few reasons to shoot. Therefore, I've decided to take to the streets. This is a new field to me and working up enough courage to photograph on the streets is a challenge, but there's no need to be gentle, all helpful criticism is very much appreciated.

These are a six from a recent weekend trip to Milan.

1-Monoliths

2-Freedom

3-Flowers

4-Up

5-Focus

6-Culture Clash

Oct 15, 2017 at 05:46 PM
DaleBerlin
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Milano Streets

I really like all of these. Your shots are crisp, your compositions are wonderful, you use depth of field like a pro. I don't like the gentleman's feet cut off in #1, but thats about all that bothers me. Im not a street photographer, but it appears to me you are off to a great start.

Oct 22, 2017 at 09:49 PM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Milano Streets

Welcome edeag3 to Photocritique. A few suggestions to begin. First, the way you've sized your photos to display here, they're a little too large, at least on my monitor, to see the full photos without having to scroll. I normally size my photos 1000 px on the longer side.

Second, my advice is to only post one or two photos at a time unless there is an important relationship between the photos that enhances our understanding of your goals. I think you'll get better feedback that way.

From the series, the photo I liked best was the last one. When doing street photography, I always ask myself what attracted me to photograph a particular scene, and how best to compose and translate my thoughts and feelings to the viewer. What spoke to me in your photo were the line of the two dogs and the two children, surrounded by the throng of adults, the gentleman on the right waiting patiently with his hands clasped behind his back, some of the adults leaning forward in anticipation. Food must be pretty good there to attract such a large crowd.

Hope you don't mind that I've cropped your photo to illustrate my interpretation..

Steve

Oct 23, 2017 at 08:19 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.