New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Dutch Car Club

Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Dutch Car Club

Spied these in the parking lot of a hotel/cafe we were visiting. So happens a regional car club was having an outing. The proud owner of the Alpha was more than happy to discuss his car - he was summoned to accept an award while we spoke. He takes great joy in driving it, weather permitting.

The Pontiac is a curiosity: limited where it can travel by virtue of it's size but pristine. Given the normal weather, the cars do not get out that often. More Alphas and a late model Ford sedan, you can see a VW Camper at the rear of the parking area - not sure if they belonged with the show or were enjoying the facilities.

The real had-scratchers are those who drive Hummers, with the price of petrol and limited accessibility to areas - you could never park one in a city parking deck/garage, simply will not fit, or at least I would never try it.

Thanks for looking,

Bob

Oct 13, 2017 at 06:37 PM
Steve Wan
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Dutch Car Club

Love that first one!

Oct 19, 2017 at 06:53 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Dutch Car Club

Steve Wan wrote:
Love that first one!

Thanks Steve,

The car was absolutely spotless, and the owner very happy to talk with us until he was called away for the awards ceremony. He said he had recently returned from driving it extensively in southern Italy.

He was quite interesting and the stereotypical image of a European gentleman of means. Exactly as I'd expect to see in a movie: sliver hair, the scarf, sweater draped over the back of the driver's seat, jeans, etc. He fit the car perfectly.

Fun, wish we could have spoken longer.

Thanks again for your comment,

Bob

Oct 19, 2017 at 10:06 AM
Rick Joyce
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Dutch Car Club

A great collection of vintage autos

Oct 19, 2017 at 06:12 PM
DougVaughn
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Dutch Car Club

Good stuff. I'm a lover of most classic cars... not so much Hummers.

My wife is Dutch, and that guy could be any one of her uncles or cousins. They have a different look about them vs. the average American.

Oct 19, 2017 at 06:43 PM
gstrong
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Dutch Car Club

Beautiful Car - Wonderful image. without the cars in the background one could imagine this being 40 or more years ago. Thanks for posting

Oct 29, 2017 at 01:34 PM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.