New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Phottix Test Fire OK Won't Fire with Shutter

bolesauto

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Phottix Test Fire OK Won't Fire with Shutter

Hey everyone. I hope you're having a great evening. I have run into an issue with my Phottox Odin II transmitter and my Stratos II receivers. I can test fire my strobes from my transmitter but when actually taking a picture the do not fire. I can see the receivers LED does not indicate it received a transmission. My Odin II is indeed transmitting as the LED turns red when the shutter is depressed. I am using a Sony a99II. This issue appeared last month with an a7II when I first attempted to use the strobes with my transmitter. Regarding the Odin II, it will fully control my Mitros+ flashes without issue. I'm stumped. I can use the test button on the Odin II and witness the Stratos recievers receive a trannsmission firing my strobes. But use the shutter button on any of my cameras and no fire. All equipment is confirmed to be for Sony cameras. Has anyone run into this?

Oct 10, 2017 at 08:19 PM
bolesauto

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Phottix Test Fire OK Won't Fire with Shutter

Emailed Phottix but expect the response to be delayed if it even comes at all. I've had horrible customer service from them. Love the product but may have to sell it all and switch just to have products support.

Oct 11, 2017 at 04:06 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.