Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Help: Home-office multifunction printer with great photo quality?

Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Help: Home-office multifunction printer with great photo quality?

Good morning, everyone!

I'm looking to replace an aging multifunction device and wondered whether any of you have recommendations for something with really great photo quality, at least for 8x10 output. I've seen some that do nice 4x6 photos but that's just too small.

It does, of course, still have to be a great multifunction device! Duplex printing and network connectivity are requirements, an ADF (auto document feeder) is optional but very desirable.

Any ideas or suggestions? Budget is not much of a concern: anything works if the functionality is worth the price.

Thanks in advance!

Oct 05, 2017 at 08:46 AM
rdeloe
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Help: Home-office multifunction printer with great photo quality?

You're not likely to find a multi-function device (printer, scanner, fax) that is also outstanding as a photo printer. That's just not what they're designed for. Have you considered separating those functions, in other words, getting a good photo printer and a good multi-function device? I just picked up a HP Officejet Pro 8720. It's an outstanding small office "all-in-one", and it makes decent quality photos (more than fine for "business" documents). But I'd never use it for making a serious photograph; for that I have an Epson photo printer. Canon makes some outstanding small photo printers too.

Oct 05, 2017 at 09:29 AM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Help: Home-office multifunction printer with great photo quality?

We've moved into a much smaller home and I'm selling my 24" HP Z2300 photo printer. I have very little space now for equipment, hence my desire for an all-in-one that'll do decent photos.

I'm going to try hard to avoid a dedicated photo printer, but I might have to do that. I have very fond memories of an HP B9180 13x19 printer that was an awesome performer. So yes, I'd be happy to accept recommendations for smallish photo printers as well, but ideally I want to find the all-in-one with the best photo quality and at least give it a shot before I go that route.

Oct 05, 2017 at 10:49 AM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Help: Home-office multifunction printer with great photo quality?

For reference in case it helps others, we also bought an HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 after looking at the options on the market. It does everything you need from a small-office multifunction printer, and -- at least when fed HP photo paper, which is all we've tried so far -- its photo output is of very good quality.

I want this printer for all the family- and work-related photo output, not for large or fine-art prints which I'll do separately. And for this particular purpose, just as @rdeloe said above, I'm very happy with it.

Oct 19, 2017 at 11:03 AM
rdeloe
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Help: Home-office multifunction printer with great photo quality?

Great to hear that you found a solution that works for you Rodolfo. Enjoy.

Oct 19, 2017 at 01:40 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.