Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Time Travel Wednesday: Which 20/21st Century Sporting Event ...

PureMichigan
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Time Travel Wednesday: Which 20/21st Century Sporting Event ...

A little fun on Wednesday afternoon ... a time travel exercise .... if you could have been at any ONE historic 20th or 21st Century sporting event with camera in hand, let's say covering it for a major magazine, what would it be and why? (sometimes these are more interesting than camera setting threads )

Oct 04, 2017 at 03:23 PM
PureMichigan
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Time Travel Wednesday: Which 20/21st Century Sporting Event ...

All right -- I have no shame. I'll answer my own question ...

I would have like to have shot Wilt Chamberlin's 100-Point game.

A few reasons. The game was not televised, and no video footage has been recovered; there are only audio recordings of the fourth quarter. No members of the New York press were at the game Wilt was also.triple and quadruple-teamed by the Knicks. Love to see a picture of someone being quadruple teamed.

The only shot we have to memorialize the feat is Wilt sitting in the locker room holding a marker-on-paper sign that reads "100."

I have several other -- but whenever I see that locker room picture, I just want to slap my forehead. We missed it!

Oct 05, 2017 at 06:47 AM
OSP2017
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Time Travel Wednesday: Which 20/21st Century Sporting Event ...

I just hope that game did not look like LaMelo Ball's 92-point game, footage of which, unfortunately, does exist. (Sorry, just kidding, but from what I've read about that game, it was pretty ugly and the score also speaks for itself.)

I would love to shoot boxing during its golden era -- the Roaring Twenties. If I need to pick just one fight, it would be Greb vs Walker. There is no footage of Greb's fights, obviously, so it would be nice to also have a video camera there. And, since we're talking time travel, I would definitely bet on a few fights. Nothing too crazy, just like Marty McFly planned to do.

Oct 05, 2017 at 07:45 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.