New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Wondering if Panasonic will release a GX9

pr4photos
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Wondering if Panasonic will release a GX9

Haven't heard any rumours about it, and was just thinking it must be about time that they released a new one. Wonder what it would be like. But, maybe they have no plans to release one, given their finances. Who will it be that releases the next step up in m43 cameras?

Oct 04, 2017 at 03:43 AM
tdlavigne
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Wondering if Panasonic will release a GX9

GX7 came out in Aug 2013, GX8 in July 2015. Unless you're going with the story that the GX8 is new and the GX7's successor was truly the GX85 (I don't believe it), then it stands to reason that the GX9 would be announced mid 2018.

Dunno what the long term outlook is, everyone seems to be hurting financially...I would hope Panasonic sticks around though. If they do I'm sure they'd release updates to the GX8 and GH5. They'd be stupid not to considering the two are their most popular bodies.

*Edit*
Derp, my basic arithmetic was off. That's what I get for trying to type that late at night with a concussion lol. Apparently confusted 2015 with 2016 (maybe thinking of GH5?). Anyway, I would imagine that it should be due for a replacement any day now then. Unless they typically stick to mid year. I think if it's not announced in the next month for the holidays though, that it'll likely come in Spring/Summer.

Oct 04, 2017 at 04:57 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Wondering if Panasonic will release a GX9

There is a new Panasonic camera coming in the next month or so... I don't know what it will be called, but it sounds like a high-end model with more emphasis on stills than on video.

Oct 06, 2017 at 01:15 PM
pr4photos
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Wondering if Panasonic will release a GX9

Interesting. I'll look out for that

Oct 09, 2017 at 06:30 AM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.