New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Replacement Batteries for Olympus E-M1 Mark II

Kohala
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Replacement Batteries for Olympus E-M1 Mark II

Many camera outlets, including Amazon, will not ship to Hawaii. I notice that on Ebay there are various Hong Kong stores that tout that they sell genuine Olympus batteries--and they ship to Hawaii. They are similar to the one that came with the camera but the writing on the back of the batteries is different. Many of the comments on various forums indicate that you shouldn't buy third-party batteries.

Are the Hong Kong batteries referred to above really "genuine" and safe to buy?

Thanks

Oct 03, 2017 at 12:07 AM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Replacement Batteries for Olympus E-M1 Mark II

My gut tells me that they are good/genuine. Hong Kong stores are generally honest/reputable.

Kohala wrote:
Many camera outlets, including Amazon, will not ship to Hawaii. I notice that on Ebay there are various Hong Kong stores that tout that they sell genuine Olympus batteries--and they ship to Hawaii. They are similar to the one that came with the camera but the writing on the back of the batteries is different. Many of the comments on various forums indicate that you shouldn't buy third-party batteries.

Are the Hong Kong batteries referred to above really "genuine" and safe to buy?

Thanks

Oct 03, 2017 at 12:58 AM
Ernie Aubert
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Replacement Batteries for Olympus E-M1 Mark II

I bought a less expensive (than Olympus) one from ebay; don't remember where it came from, but it's essentially worthless, and I've tossed it. It yielded maybe 40 or 50 shots. I bit the bullet and bought another genuine Olympus one.

Oct 03, 2017 at 11:37 AM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Replacement Batteries for Olympus E-M1 Mark II

Sorry Kohala (as this is not helping you) but I just ordered one from B&H for $56 ... which is a much lower price than buying from Adorama or Olympus direct.

Oct 03, 2017 at 12:54 PM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.