New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Sync Problem with Canon 80D and AB800

lroger

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sync Problem with Canon 80D and AB800

Hi All,
I’m having a problem with syncing my Canon 80D to my Alien Bee B800. I have the AB standard 15-foot sync cord going from the 80D (with a hot shoe adapter mounted) directly to the B800. One night all was well but the next night the unit failed to flash. I switched out the B800 with a 2nd unit and also used both a different sync cord and hot shoe adapter. I know the flash is not defective because I can manually release it using the flash test button. I made sure all connections were firm.

Could it be that somewhere in the process I inadvertently disabled something in the 80D’s menu system?

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Sep 12, 2017 at 12:16 PM
trevanian
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sync Problem with Canon 80D and AB800

I could be wrong but shouldn't the cord go to your cameras sync socket? Least thats the way I do it. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Sep 13, 2017 at 03:05 PM
lroger

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sync Problem with Canon 80D and AB800

trevanian,

Unfortunately the Canon 80D does not have a sync socket; that's why I had to use a hot shoe adapter.

The good news is that I solved the problem - rookie mistake. The sync cord was NOT firmly attached to the Alien Bee 800! It works ok now. Very embarrassed but thanks to all for replying.

Sep 13, 2017 at 03:57 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.