FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2017 · censorship

EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · censorship

I stopped posting images about 15 years ago. It's not worth it.

EBH

Sep 20, 2017 at 04:54 PM
DABNIK
• • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · censorship

anthonysemone wrote:
This is simple, guys. Fred needs $ to run this site. HIs ad buyers say: "We don't like X; take it off, or we're pulling the $ plug on you." Fred can't make it without the ad buyers' $. He wants to run the site. So, he made a choice. He gets his $, site continues. No rocket science there or Trump conspiracies. His site. His rules. Don't like it, go to Flckr or 500px.

Could not have stated better myself - so I'll quote Anthony's post!

It's Fred's site; his to run as HE sees fit. If you don't like it - feel free to go to another site/forum

Doug

Sep 22, 2017 at 10:35 AM
Craig Gillette
• • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · censorship

Don't like it, don't read it. Don't like it, don't look. Yeah, it doesn't work like that. Unless somehow behind an appropriate gatekeeping device. The site isn't free to operate. Memberships or ads pay for it. I'm bothered by the idea it's so sensitive to the ad buyers mostly because I think generally it's a good site and generally less infected by political b.s. But if the business reality is that he needs ad revenue, he's going to be sensitive to ad buyer interests. OTOH not sure that there may not be some conflicted results there. Today I'm being invited to date Filipino women. That and I find after apparently lo so many months, that we've lost the bridges and street signs threads. None of which means it's censorship if he makes business decions to select sorts of imagery or drop posters, etc. It is his business and we, except perhaps coincidentally, are not a protected class nor are our inputs.

Oct 15, 2017 at 07:37 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.