1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2017 · Replacement foot Sony FE 100-400 GM Kirk

MikeEvangelist
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Replacement foot Sony FE 100-400 GM Kirk

Fred Miranda wrote:
What do you think about the tiny and seemingly fragile 4 screws that connect to the foot and the lens? Don't you think it's a bit weak for us to carry the lens + camera around?

I wondered about them at first, but I trust Sony to understand the forces involved and use appropriate materials and design.

Sep 10, 2018 at 07:34 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Replacement foot Sony FE 100-400 GM Kirk

eyal wrote:
I have the RRS foot and the single best part is that it is compatible with their new QD system. Since it is much more balanced to carry the lens and body by the foot, I can quickly move my strap from the L plate to the foot and then quickly remove it when on a tripod.

http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/assets/images/products/LCF-101.main-08.jpg

I didn't know about the QD system. I just got one to be used with the RRS tripod foot replacement. I will also use it on my L-bracket. Thanks for the info!

Sep 12, 2018 at 11:07 AM
jon.pictures
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Replacement foot Sony FE 100-400 GM Kirk

Wimberley are bringing out replacement feet for the 100-400 GM https://www.tripodhead.com/products/product-details2.cfm?product=AP-610-plus and a very similar one for the 70-200 GM.

Due out Dec 2018 / Jan 2019

Dec 04, 2018 at 04:47 PM
sfurr
• • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Replacement foot Sony FE 100-400 GM Kirk

Fred Miranda wrote:
I didn't know about the QD system. I just got one to be used with the RRS tripod foot replacement. I will also use it on my L-bracket. Thanks for the info!

Fred and Mike,

Are you guys still using the QD system? Any issues so far?

Thanks,
Scott

Apr 05, 2019 at 01:32 PM
EAvila
• •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Replacement foot Sony FE 100-400 GM Kirk

Scott- The QD system came over from the firearms industry, and it is proven and solid. I used it exclusively for both, and it is simpler, much quicker, and quieter than any other system.

Apr 05, 2019 at 02:51 PM
sfurr
• • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · Replacement foot Sony FE 100-400 GM Kirk

Thanks for the info. Is anyone running into use issues? Not quality issues, I guess more, I don't like it because of...

Since you have used for both are there any downsides for camera sling use?

Thanks again,
Scott

Apr 05, 2019 at 03:07 PM
swldstn
• • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · Replacement foot Sony FE 100-400 GM Kirk

I'm using the Kirk Photo foot replacement. Just got a second one for the 70-200mm I just got. Previously bought one for the 100-400mm. Decided not to swap it around since my 100-400 is always mounted on the my gimble for my tripod. Like them because the length of the arca-swiss provides some mounting flexibility and like having the handle on the lens itself.

Do like the concept of the QD connector but was a little skeptical about its robustness. Maybe that is an unfounded fear. I use a small 1" arca-swiss clamp attached to my Black Rapid sling strap. Works with the lens foot and my camera L-brackets.

Apr 06, 2019 at 08:46 AM
sfurr
• • •
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · Replacement foot Sony FE 100-400 GM Kirk

EAvila wrote:
Scott- The QD system came over from the firearms industry, and it is proven and solid. I used it exclusively for both, and it is simpler, much quicker, and quieter than any other system.

I ordered the QD for use with the RRS plate on the Sony 100-400

Apr 06, 2019 at 11:10 AM
EAvila
• •
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · Replacement foot Sony FE 100-400 GM Kirk

sfurr wrote:
Thanks for the info. Is anyone running into use issues? Not quality issues, I guess more, I don't like it because of...
Since you have used for both are there any downsides for camera sling use?
Thanks again,
Scott

I would say there are no downsides in either use. It is secure and quick. This means it can be very versatile. For instance I can carry a camera on my sling at my side. If I want to, I disconnect it in one second and clamp it into a tripod. Then when iím done, I put it right back on that sling. Just as easy if I put on a long telephoto, I can switch the sling from my camera bracket to the lens in a second. Much quicker than even a peak design attachment, and with no extra hardware left where it connects to the equipment (I.e no loops, hooks, rings or anything).

There is no better alternative which is why much of the firearms world switched over, and I suspect it will be similar in the photo world in a few years.

Apr 06, 2019 at 12:50 PM
sfurr
• • •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · Replacement foot Sony FE 100-400 GM Kirk

EAvila wrote:
I would say there are no downsides in either use. It is secure and quick. This means it can be very versatile. For instance I can carry a camera on my sling at my side. If I want to, I disconnect it in one second and clamp it into a tripod. Then when iím done, I put it right back on that sling. Just as easy if I put on a long telephoto, I can switch the sling from my camera bracket to the lens in a second. Much quicker than even a peak design attachment, and with no extra
...Show more

Excellent, thank you for the information. That's exactly what I am looking for.

Apr 06, 2019 at 12:55 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password