Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Website for Individual access to photos for classes and companies

ShotByTom
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Website for Individual access to photos for classes and companies

I am looking for a way to store photos and allow access to individuals with a password giving them access to only their photos. I have smugmug now, but it looks like I would have to create a separate gallery for each person to limit their access to their photos only.

This would be for school and corporate photos.

How do you guys do this, and what sites or systems work best for you?

Thank in advance.

Tom

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:34 PM
wsheldon
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Website for Individual access to photos for classes and companies

If you mean you want each individual in a group shoot to only access their individual photos by password, then I don't know of any simple solution offhand. As you found out SmugMug only allows access control at the folder and gallery level, so you would have to create galleries for each person. I set up a Clients folder on my SmugMug site, then add galleries (or folders with multiple galleries) for each client to access their photos with appropriate access control. That would be tedious for a large group shoot any way you do it, though, so perhaps easier to stick with what you already have and know.

Jul 19, 2017 at 01:09 PM
ShotByTom
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Website for Individual access to photos for classes and companies

Yes, that's what I am trying to accomplish. There has to be a solution out there..

Jul 19, 2017 at 01:41 PM
glort
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Website for Individual access to photos for classes and companies

School and corporate images are not exactly sensitive material.
Whatever you do is going to be a lot of work tagging pics etc.

Personally I don't pander to the PC leftist Crowd. Bout time people grew up an stopped being such princesses.
They put their pictures all over social media but then when you take a simple headshot you are supposed to hide it like a national secret?

No one doing sporting shots does this and I have never heard a complaint about it. Why would there need to be such secrecy on this occasion?

Jul 19, 2017 at 08:21 PM
ShotByTom
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Website for Individual access to photos for classes and companies

glort wrote:
School and corporate images are not exactly sensitive material.
Whatever you do is going to be a lot of work tagging pics etc.

Personally I don't pander to the PC leftist Crowd. Bout time people grew up an stopped being such princesses.
They put their pictures all over social media but then when you take a simple headshot you are supposed to hide it like a national secret?

No one doing sporting shots does this and I have never heard a complaint about it. Why would there need to be such secrecy on this occasion?

Well, that doesn't help me at all, I'm not looking for an argument here. You have no idea who I am photographing or why they might be sensitive, it has nothing to do with being PC. This is very common practice, most photographers don't put them online, they rely on order forms. I am simply trying to find a new way to streamline the process I am looking for someone who might be doing this now or might have relevant input.

Jul 20, 2017 at 05:13 AM
sk66
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Website for Individual access to photos for classes and companies

I would use some kind of forum that allows registered members to have their own "galleries." But I think you would probably have to set it up yourself.

Jul 20, 2017 at 11:40 AM
crteach
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Website for Individual access to photos for classes and companies

With a Dropbox paid plan you can set up passwords, limited times for access, etc.

Jul 20, 2017 at 09:29 PM
Michael White
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Website for Individual access to photos for classes and companies

im not familiar with smug mug but you should be able to do HIARChale setup like this

School for the teachers and faculty
grade same as above but just the staff involved with that grade
class teacher and students in that class
group just those photographed

then send your contact all the passwords with explanation of who get which password

Jul 22, 2017 at 02:50 AM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.