Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · High volume portrait shoot management software?

Mr Kris
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · High volume portrait shoot management software?

*I also posted this in the post processing forum... someone suggested I cross post... forgive me if there's actually a function for that, I don't see it.....*

Hi all,

My professional photography is largely wedding work, but lately I'm getting into high volume portrait shooting type engagements. Just did a dance studio with 180 kids, with all packages including some prints.

Having an IT/information background, I kept track of things in Excel and used it to write scripts to produce a file for every single print that I needed delivered with the size in the filename, so I could just bulk upload files to the print lab without having to worry about if I needed multiple copies of an image in a print package (same image in multiple sizes or duplicates in the same size = same file with multiple filenames).

It's a little rough around the edges.. but it's been working. I could probably code something better in an access DB or SQL DB or something, but I'd think there's some good software out there that already does what I need.

What software or service do you use for volume portrait shoots with prints delivered to clients? Or are there labs that will even take care of assembling individual print orders for you based on some sort of csv or other bulk upload where you don't have to key in individual orders?

I would want to be able to:
Keep track of clients
Assign file names/numbers to clients
Assign print packages to clients
Assign files to print packages
Either integrate with a lab directly, or produce some output that can go to a lab that doesn't require keying in individual print orders - in other words, take the files assigned to packages and spit out the right jpegs in the correct aspect ratios to go to the lab.... or magically send it all to a lab that even takes care of mailing everything to clients

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Jun 28, 2017 at 09:07 PM
Michael White
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · High volume portrait shoot management software?

A lot of labs use a collective program I forgot the name that you put the order in with it will most if not all you are wishing it to handle as I recall but I forgot it's name.

Jun 29, 2017 at 06:44 PM
markd61
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · High volume portrait shoot management software?

Check out Marathon Press.
They have a TON of resources to help photographers in this area.

Also labs that specialize in schools and package services are usually very helpful.

Try these guys:

https://richmondprolab.com

Good luck

Jun 29, 2017 at 08:57 PM
Dale Kirchhofer
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · High volume portrait shoot management software?

Have a look here.

www.hhcolorlab.com/Software/Overview

dale

Jun 30, 2017 at 06:57 AM
Mr Kris
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · High volume portrait shoot management software?

Thanks for the replies! This is definitely the type of setup I'm looking for. Have/do any of you use those labs? (HH/Richmond/Marathon)? How is the print quality. They seem to mention papers I'm not familiar with or brands I don't recognize- used to Fuji and Kodak products.

Jun 30, 2017 at 08:04 AM
elkhornsun
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · High volume portrait shoot management software?

Express Digital has been doing this for years and it works very well. Good for packages where you provide 3 different sizes in varying quantities for example. Also works with a green screen for custom T&I shoots.

Aug 09, 2017 at 07:24 PM
ShotByTom
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · High volume portrait shoot management software?

I've been researching this as well. I've found Miller's Lab to be the most cost effective. They have a schools program with really good pricing and it seems pretty easy to use. I'm also going to use imagequix.com for online proofing.

Aug 22, 2017 at 08:04 AM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.