Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              75      
76
       77              79       80       end
  

Adapting Lenses to the Fuji GFX

  
 
leonasj
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.76 #1 · p.76 #1 · Adapting Lenses to the Fuji GFX


AndrewNYC wrote:
Looking for fast, normal-ish focal length adapted for GF 100s that covers fully. Thoughts? Want to keep it cheap.

ultralight canon ef 40mm f2.8 stm. very sharp,from f4 no vigneting,centre and midframe sharper at close distance for gf50 . or canon 35mmf2is,tamron 35mm1.8,45mm1.8


all jpeg from camera.




  GFX 50R    GF120mmF4 R LM OIS WR Macro lens    120mm    f/4.0    1/125s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  






  GFX 50R    EF40mm f/2.8 STM lens    40mm    f/2.8    1/140s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  






  GFX 50R    GF50mmF3.5 R LM WR lens    50mm    f/3.5    1/125s    250 ISO    0.0 EV  



Edited on Jun 20, 2022 at 02:28 AM · View previous versions



Jun 19, 2022 at 11:23 AM
leonasj
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.76 #2 · p.76 #2 · Adapting Lenses to the Fuji GFX


fringer ef-gfx update....
https://www.fujirumors.com/fringer-ef-gfx-pro-smart-af-adapter-firmware-1-30-released/?fbclid=IwAR3ccIWcmEv3drWosuWCpT74wGZxID9kaczQYAhbftrkrxk51V51VAr2mUA



Jun 19, 2022 at 02:25 PM
Mikey Floyd
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.76 #3 · p.76 #3 · Adapting Lenses to the Fuji GFX




AndrewNYC wrote:
Looking for fast, normal-ish focal length adapted for GF 100s that covers fully. Thoughts? Want to keep it cheap.

How fussy are you about your corners?
How much tolerance do you have for typical wide open characteristics of old lenses?
Depending on your answers to the above, the SMC Pentax 55/1.8 is as good an answer to your request as I can offer.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/SMC-Pentax-K-55mm-F1.8-Lens.html
I don't have image posting privileges here sorry, you can pick one up cheap on eBay though and if it doesn't work out probably sell it for much the same as you paid.



Jun 19, 2022 at 08:59 PM
leonasj
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.76 #4 · p.76 #4 · Adapting Lenses to the Fuji GFX


Mikey Floyd wrote:
How fussy are you about your corners?
How much tolerance do you have for typical wide open characteristics of old lenses?
Depending on your answers to the above, the SMC Pentax 55/1.8 is as good an answer to your request as I can offer.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/SMC-Pentax-K-55mm-F1.8-Lens.html
I don't have image posting privileges here sorry, you can pick one up cheap on eBay though and if it doesn't work out probably sell it for much the same as you paid.


what difference pentax m or k 55/1.7 vs 55/1.8 ,takumar? what is works on gfx? pk-gfx adapter to buy or m42 to gfx? it is at f1.8 sharper for canon ef 50mm 1.8stm? this same lens or different/ https://www.myfavouritelens.com/super-takumar-55mm-f1-8/



Jun 20, 2022 at 12:41 AM
leonasj
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.76 #5 · p.76 #5 · Adapting Lenses to the Fuji GFX


AndrewNYC wrote:
Looking for fast, normal-ish focal length adapted for GF 100s that covers fully. Thoughts? Want to keep it cheap.


canon ef 50mm 1.8stm. cheap,fast,sharp.
from fullframe full gfx sensor covers only sigma135/1.8

Edited on Jun 20, 2022 at 12:12 PM · View previous versions



Jun 20, 2022 at 02:30 AM
Mikey Floyd
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.76 #6 · p.76 #6 · Adapting Lenses to the Fuji GFX


leonasj wrote:
what difference pentax m or k 55/1.7 vs 55/1.8 ,takumar? what is works on gfx? pk-gfx adapter to buy or m42 to gfx? it is at f1.8 sharper for canon ef 50mm 1.8stm? this same lens or different/ https://www.myfavouritelens.com/super-takumar-55mm-f1-8/


The SMC 55/1.8 that I linked is a different lens to the M50/1.7, and neither of them are Takumar, which is different again. The SMC 55/1.8 is K-mount so you need PK>GFX adaptor. I have no idea how they compare to any Canon lenses.



Jun 20, 2022 at 03:35 AM
leonasj
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.76 #7 · p.76 #7 · Adapting Lenses to the Fuji GFX


Mikey Floyd wrote:
The SMC 55/1.8 that I linked is a different lens to the M50/1.7, and neither of them are Takumar, which is different again. The SMC 55/1.8 is K-mount so you need PK>GFX adaptor. I have no idea how they compare to any Canon lenses.


pentax smc and asahi sms is different lenses? smc pentax m55/1.8 good covers gfx sensor?

i read smc multi-coated super takumar 50mm f1.4 m42 is sharp



Jun 20, 2022 at 05:44 AM
ftllens
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.76 #8 · p.76 #8 · Adapting Lenses to the Fuji GFX


takumar is great

Edited on Jun 26, 2022 at 01:08 PM · View previous versions



Jun 23, 2022 at 03:15 AM
Sauseschritt
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.76 #9 · p.76 #9 · Adapting Lenses to the Fuji GFX


leonasj wrote:
i read smc multi-coated super takumar 50mm f1.4 m42 is sharp


Um.

The Pentax Takumar 50mm f1.4 has absolutely amazing colors and a very beautiful bokeh - I would describe it as "noble looking".

And yes, its also sharp.

Its also radioactive. Needs an UV lamp or getting exposed to the sun on a regular basis or it will slowly turn yellow. Dont keep it on any digital camera longer than absolutely necessary, because over time it would destroy the image sensor.

There are four versions of the Pentax Takumar. The last version was IIRC called "SMC".

https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/SMC-S-M-C-Super-Takumar-50mm-F1.4.html

https://www.flickr.com/groups/takumar_50mm_f14/pool/



P.s.: I was wrong, there are only 3 versions. The first version is the 8-element, which wasnt radioactive.



Jun 23, 2022 at 03:37 AM
Makten
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.76 #10 · p.76 #10 · Adapting Lenses to the Fuji GFX


Sauseschritt wrote:
Dont keep it on any digital camera longer than absolutely necessary, because over time it would destroy the image sensor.


Any proof for this bizarre claim?



Jun 23, 2022 at 06:36 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

leonasj
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.76 #11 · p.76 #11 · Adapting Lenses to the Fuji GFX


Makten wrote:
Any proof for this bizarre claim?


because lens is radiactive.



Jun 23, 2022 at 07:21 AM
Steve Spencer
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.76 #12 · p.76 #12 · Adapting Lenses to the Fuji GFX


leonasj wrote:
because lens is radiactive.


Yeah, but as I understand it the radioactivity is so low that it would never damage anything. Lots of things are radioactive to a very small extent, but that doesn't mean that they are dangerous or will damage anything. You need to know the extent of the radioactivity and you need tests of the effects of that long-term radioactivity over time. Those two pieces of information are want seems to be lacking about this lens.



Jun 23, 2022 at 10:43 AM
leonasj
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.76 #13 · p.76 #13 · Adapting Lenses to the Fuji GFX


Steve Spencer wrote:
Yeah, but as I understand it the radioactivity is so low that it would never damage anything. Lots of things are radioactive to a very small extent, but that doesn't mean that they are dangerous or will damage anything. You need to know the extent of the radioactivity and you need tests of the effects of that long-term radioactivity over time. Those two pieces of information are want seems to be lacking about this lens.


canon ef 50 1.4 usm is sharper for tacumar 50/1.4 at f1.4?



Jun 23, 2022 at 03:35 PM
thrice
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.76 #14 · p.76 #14 · Adapting Lenses to the Fuji GFX


What rubbish.

The radiation kicked out by thoriated lenses is at such a low intensity that it cannot possibly damage a digital sensor. It would likely be rejected by the hot mirror. Heck cosmic radiation and lasers are the only 'common' energetic particles that can damage digital sensors, the former being the highest energy radiation in the universe and the latter only being able to damage a sensor at wattages that will do damage to your eyes as well.

leonasj wrote:
because lens is radiactive.




Jun 25, 2022 at 04:38 AM
ftllens
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.76 #15 · p.76 #15 · Adapting Lenses to the Fuji GFX


has anyone tried otus 100? I read some older article saying it covers with mild vignette but no examples.


Jun 26, 2022 at 04:36 AM
elwappo99
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.76 #16 · p.76 #16 · Adapting Lenses to the Fuji GFX


ftllens wrote:
Well, to anyone thinking about buying this. Don't do it unless you're only adapting super light lenses like the pancake EF40mm STM. Also IBIS doesnt work and I don't think the USB connection even does anything (no future updates) lol



Were you able to get full aperture control on these? Recently picked up a GFX and been curious about the SP lens lineup.



Jul 05, 2022 at 03:45 PM
leonasj
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.76 #17 · p.76 #17 · Adapting Lenses to the Fuji GFX


im sold ultra sharp ef40/2.8stm on my 50r.ordered ef35/2is usm to try.waitng parcel.


Jul 05, 2022 at 03:49 PM
elwappo99
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.76 #18 · p.76 #18 · Adapting Lenses to the Fuji GFX


ftllens wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/Andoer-Replacement-EF-Mount-GFX-Mount-MED-Format/dp/B08Z2Y47YF/

Alright who wants to do it? lol


Won't even detect my Sigma Art Lenses



Jul 05, 2022 at 03:51 PM
leonasj
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.76 #19 · p.76 #19 · Adapting Lenses to the Fuji GFX


does any tried pentax k limited 43mm f1.9 or limited 31mm 1.8 lens on gfx?


Jul 14, 2022 at 04:20 AM
ftllens
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.76 #20 · p.76 #20 · Adapting Lenses to the Fuji GFX


i had the cv ultron 35 ii lying around (posted it for sale), it's okay stopped down like 7:6 coverage. actually maybe stopped to like f/11 good enough for walkaround (it's really small, but i hate the focusing tab)

im testing the cv 50 f1 tomorrow (wont cover entire sensor, but should be okay) edit: actually with the Leica 50 f1 falloff applied, it's not hard vignette and recovers info, need to test at INF (tho i wont use this lens for that distance)
































Jul 22, 2022 at 03:46 AM
1       2       3              75      
76
       77              79       80       end






FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              75      
76
       77              79       80       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password