New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              110       111       end

Archive 2017 · Fujifilm GFX 50S Images

southwoodlaker
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fujifilm GFX 50S Images

I think some of you have got the camera and started shooting. The "preorder" thread seems too long to follow. I'd like to invite those lucky owners to share your GFX 50S images here. I am very interested in the real word images and the user experience, especially from people who have used other medium format cameras like 645Z. Thanks.

Mar 28, 2017 at 02:18 PM
stevez32
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fujifilm GFX 50S Images

Is there lightroom support yet?

Mar 28, 2017 at 03:26 PM
Tim Ashton
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fujifilm GFX 50S Images

stevez32 wrote:

There is with Photo Ninja which i find amazing for my XE2s files. If needed you can then export into LR for further work

Tim

Mar 28, 2017 at 04:41 PM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fujifilm GFX 50S Images

stevez32 wrote:

There is full support for the GFX with Lr CC/PS with the latest updates

Mar 28, 2017 at 05:23 PM
dmward
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fujifilm GFX 50S Images

http://dmwfotos.com/iibd/wp-content/gallery/some-processing-applied/DMWF0149.jpg

This is a crop of an image I shot Sunday using the GFX 50s with the 32-64 zoom.

HERE is a NSFW gallery with some other images from the shoot.

Mar 28, 2017 at 10:21 PM
suteetat
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fujifilm GFX 50S Images

noi1 by Suteetat S, on Flickr

GFX with M to G mount fotodiox adapter, Konica Hexanon 60/[email protected], cropped to taste. Using this lens generally would require a little bit of cropping anyhow to get rid off a bit of persistent vignette right in the corner that I could not fix in post processing.

PS I posted several sample pictures in the pre order thread using GFX with a few 35mm format lenses using adapters. Not great pictures but should give you some ideas of how these lenses perform on GFX.

Mar 28, 2017 at 10:34 PM
klasGelinder

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fujifilm GFX 50S Images

Out of the dark IV by klasGelinder, on Flickr

Mar 28, 2017 at 11:47 PM
Jay968
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fujifilm GFX 50S Images

dmward, what focal length was the 32-64 set at in that portrait? It looks pretty good and from what I have seen, the zoom is pretty much indistinguishable from the 63 f2.8 at the 64mm setting. How do you like the zoom at other focal lengths? Do you think it competes favorably with primes at all its focal lengths?
In your opinion, is there any reason to own both the zoom and the 63 (aside from the additional f-stop and smaller size of the 63)?

Mar 29, 2017 at 10:54 AM
dmward
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fujifilm GFX 50S Images

Jay968 wrote:
dmward, what focal length was the 32-64 set at in that portrait? It looks pretty good and from what I have seen, the zoom is pretty much indistinguishable from the 63 f2.8 at the 64mm setting. How do you like the zoom at other focal lengths? Do you think it competes favorably with primes at all its focal lengths?
In your opinion, is there any reason to own both the zoom and the 63 (aside from the additional f-stop and smaller size of the 63)?

Jay, the portrait is actually a tight crop of a full length shot.
I didn't remember exactly and don't have the EXIF data handy at the moment but I expect that it was close to 32mm and F8.

I got the zoom. Didn't think I wanted the 63 since I've never been a big fan of standard field of view lenses.

So far, both the zoom and the 120 have been outstanding.

Mar 29, 2017 at 05:41 PM
Jay968
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Fujifilm GFX 50S Images

That's very impressive if that's cropped that much!! I'm also glad to hear that it was shot at 32mm. I've been reading that the zoom pretty much matches the 63 prime at that focal length, but so far, I haven't read much about how it does otherwise. Very encouraging.

Mar 29, 2017 at 06:14 PM
suteetat
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Fujifilm GFX 50S Images

market2 by Suteetat S, on Flickr
with 63/2.8, f3.2, 1/400, iso1250

Mar 29, 2017 at 07:31 PM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Fujifilm GFX 50S Images

Heya,

My GFX 50S came in on Tuesday and I took it out a bit yesterday with a 63 f2.8 and Nikon 105 1.4 and Sigma 35 w/ Fotodiox Nikon adapter. Still getting used to manual focusing for the adapted lenses.

First impressions the DR is quite good on the uncompressed raws, but I'd say not a "huge" step up from a Nikon D810. I love the ergonomics and how the camera feels. It's fun just like the XT2 to use. I've got some more shoots coming up so I'll try to come back to post some more impressions.

Images below processed in Lightroom only. No retouching done.

GFX + Nikon 105 f/1.4

GFX + 63 f/2.8

GFX + Sigma 35 f/1.4

GFX + Nikon 105 f/1.4

GFX + 63 f/2.8

Mar 30, 2017 at 09:44 PM
dmward
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Fujifilm GFX 50S Images

Nice.

Mar 30, 2017 at 10:05 PM
suteetat
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Fujifilm GFX 50S Images

Beautiful. I will have to try my 105/1.4e with GFX one of these days.

Mar 31, 2017 at 12:05 AM
dmward
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Fujifilm GFX 50S Images

This is one of the images from the shoot last Sunday that the model picked for her portfolio.
Its been processed in Photoshop.

http://dmwfotos.com/iibd/wp-content/gallery/ambers-picks/DMWF0526-655.jpg

HERE is a gallery of her picks. Several of the images are NSFW so be careful when you click on the link.

Apr 01, 2017 at 11:01 PM
suteetat
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Fujifilm GFX 50S Images

gfx noct by Suteetat S, on Flickr

Tried my GFX with Leica Noctilux 50/.95 wide opened. Not sure if I really need this narrow a dof. The lens does vignette quite a bit with GFX. If I crop to get rid off vignette and keep 4:3 ratio, I would end up with about 42mp.

Apr 02, 2017 at 04:56 AM
dmward
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Fujifilm GFX 50S Images

That's the thing about medium format.
We all want wide aperture lenses, but with medium format the DoF gets so shallow its impractical.
Especially for people shooting.

I have 90mm and 45mm TSE lenses. Both of them are f2.8 which I think may turn out to be enough for even creative DoF effects when doing landscapes etc.

For head and shoulder portraits using the 120, it appears F5.6 is about maximum to get any thing more than one eye in focus.

Apr 02, 2017 at 09:54 AM
suteetat
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Fujifilm GFX 50S Images

dmward wrote:
That's the thing about medium format.
We all want wide aperture lenses, but with medium format the DoF gets so shallow its impractical.
Especially for people shooting.

I have 90mm and 45mm TSE lenses. Both of them are f2.8 which I think may turn out to be enough for even creative DoF effects when doing landscapes etc.

For head and shoulder portraits using the 120, it appears F5.6 is about maximum to get any thing more than one eye in focus.

I completely agree. Narrowest possible dof is not really the goal. I was trying Noctilux mainly just because I wanted to see what dof of equivalent F.7 something looks like. I think that the main benefit for using these fast 35mm lenses would be that it will let me step down to improve image quality while keeping dof relatively small rather than going for smallest possible dof.

Apr 02, 2017 at 10:49 AM
klasGelinder

p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Fujifilm GFX 50S Images

Forrest panorama by Klas Gelinder, on Flickr

Apr 02, 2017 at 02:41 PM
dmward
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Fujifilm GFX 50S Images

suteetat wrote:
I completely agree. Narrowest possible dof is not really the goal. I was trying Noctilux mainly just because I wanted to see what dof of equivalent F.7 something looks like. I think that the main benefit for using these fast 35mm lenses would be that it will let me step down to improve image quality while keeping dof relatively small rather than going for smallest possible dof.

I am looking forward to seeing how the TSE lenses look at their optimum apertures. I agree with your logic.

Apr 03, 2017 at 08:14 AM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.