Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              51      
52
       53       54       end
  

Archive 2016 · Techart PRO FAQ

  
 
qqphot
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.52 #1 · p.52 #1 · Techart PRO FAQ


It does not really work on A7rIV, so I would expect it not to work well on A1 either. Though the fotodiox knockoff has a newer version which some people have claimed does work.


Jul 31, 2021 at 12:56 PM
rji2goleez
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.52 #2 · p.52 #2 · Techart PRO FAQ


qqphot wrote:
It does not really work on A7rIV, so I would expect it not to work well on A1 either. Though the fotodiox knockoff has a newer version which some people have claimed does work.


The A1 works pretty well with the Fotodiox Pronto. I've used the adapter with mostly the Voigtlander 35 and 75mm lenses and it's not bad at all. The a7rIV does not work with either adapter.



Jul 31, 2021 at 03:00 PM
k-h.a.w
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.52 #3 · p.52 #3 · Techart PRO FAQ


After appropriate manual pre-focusing the TAP seems to work with center focus on my A7R II, A9, and A1. I just shot some images on the A1 with center and zone focusing, using the Leica Vario-Elmar-R 35-70/4 and the Leica Vario-Elmarit-R 28-90/2.8-4.5 ASPH.

I donít have an A7R IV, so canít comment on that.

K-H.



Jul 31, 2021 at 08:24 PM
k-h.a.w
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.52 #4 · p.52 #4 · Techart PRO FAQ


Choose your own adventure with Techart's E-mount to Z-mount adapter

https://www.dpreview.com/articles/7004460162/choose-your-own-adventure-with-techart-s-e-mount-to-z-mount-adapter?ref_=pe_1674010_132618830

Hmm, interesting.
Now that I have an A1 less so.

K-H.



Aug 02, 2021 at 11:39 AM
k-h.a.w
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.52 #5 · p.52 #5 · Techart PRO FAQ


k-h.a.w wrote:
After appropriate manual pre-focusing the TAP seems to work with center focus on my A7R II, A9, and A1. I just shot some images on the A1 with center and zone focusing, using the Leica Vario-Elmar-R 35-70/4 and the Leica Vario-Elmarit-R 28-90/2.8-4.5 ASPH.

I donít have an A7R IV, so canít comment on that.

K-H.



Following up with this post, here is a sharpness test shot with Sony A1, TAP, and Leica Vario-Elmarit-R 28-90/2.8-4.5 ASPH. lens @ f/8.

https://photos.smugmug.com/2021-08-01-A128-9028-45-Vario-Elmarit-R-ASPH-Focus-Test-/i-3Zqfdvz/0/72e30dff/O/H%20DSC01663%2090mm%20f8%20TAP%20focus.jpg

K-H.



Aug 02, 2021 at 10:27 PM
supercharger
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.52 #6 · p.52 #6 · Techart PRO FAQ


andy124 wrote:
Thank you very much!

Today I also tried with a A7r4 from a local guy I found on Facebook but it also didn't get recognized by the camera.

So I disassembled the device because I was curious and I cannot return it (long story short, I learned my lesson in buying online...).

I have no background in electrics so I don't know what to do to find out where is the memory chip and try to flash directly into the chip.

But anyway, inside the adapter, they use tons of glue and some flimsy wires. I feel like with $300-ish adapter, it should
...Show more

You made some curious statements. For someone without knowledge of "electrics" yet you hope to actually flash the chip directly! How would you do that after you identify the memory chip? What equipment are you going to use to flash the chip? Those flashy equipment belong only in specialised factories and not even high-end dedicated repair shops would have them.

I have opened up the adapter and there is no "tons of glue" anywhere to be seen. "flimsy" wires are tiny gauge wires because it does not consume that much power.

I have one for my A7R3 on V6 and was wondering if to update to V7 but after reading the updates I guess i should stay with V6.




Sep 16, 2021 at 08:42 PM
genji
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.52 #7 · p.52 #7 · Techart PRO FAQ


rji2goleez wrote:
The A1 works pretty well with the Fotodiox Pronto. I've used the adapter with mostly the Voigtlander 35 and 75mm lenses and it's not bad at all. The a7rIV does not work with either adapter.


Thatís my experience with the A7rIV too. Iíve gone back to using the A7rII with my v1 Pronto.



Sep 16, 2021 at 09:28 PM
LesserBabkaX
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.52 #8 · p.52 #8 · Techart PRO FAQ


Hello ^^

Did someone try TAP or Pronto on zv-e10?



Oct 10, 2021 at 02:52 AM
Bibbita
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.52 #9 · p.52 #9 · Techart PRO FAQ


I think that my techart, that i use with pentax lens, suffer a bit of front focus?? anybody knows something about to solve this problem?? i can see mostly when i use eye AF with my A7iii.. I've found a person who solve this problem changing the f stop to f/57.. but i' m not sure how to complete the operation..


Oct 10, 2021 at 04:08 PM
slungu
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.52 #10 · p.52 #10 · Techart PRO FAQ


Hello everybody,
I am trying to get back into using my A7II with the Techart - mainly with a C/Y 28mm 2.8 Distagon, but also with a Planar and a 135mm Elmar. Now, since I have not used it for a while I wanted to bring it up to date, that would be V5.0. Problem is that I am not able to finish the update since the transfer does not go over the complete amount of data. Has anybody had this problem ?
I am also wondering if anybody has a nice idea about a portrait lens that would go nicely with the TAP. I am thinking of either using a C/Y 85 2.8 or even a Mamiya 80/2.8 for this in order to get a light weight kit of two lenses. Unfortunately even the Leica R lenses are currently more than I want to spend and I have a Mamiya that siis unused around - I would just have to make the aperture work again.

Regards, Stefan



Dec 02, 2021 at 02:53 PM
AlwaysOnAuto
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.52 #11 · p.52 #11 · Techart PRO FAQ


New to FM guy here. I bought a TAP when they first came out, put it on my camera and it killed the battery over night. Really pissed me off so I took it off and put it away in the box it came in.
Long story short, it'd be great to start using it again but it's on its original version of the firmware it came with.
My question is, can I update it with the latest firmware version directly or do I have to go thru all the different versions to get there?
I'd probably be using it today if I'd known about this thread and FM back then.
Great work here!



Dec 02, 2021 at 04:16 PM
genji
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.52 #12 · p.52 #12 · Techart PRO FAQ


You can update it with the latest version directly.

AlwaysOnAuto wrote:
New to FM guy here. I bought a TAP when they first came out, put it on my camera and it killed the battery over night. Really pissed me off so I took it off and put it away in the box it came in.
Long story short, it'd be great to start using it again but it's on its original version of the firmware it came with.
My question is, can I update it with the latest firmware version directly or do I have to go thru all the different versions to get there?
I'd probably be using it today if I'd
...Show more



Dec 02, 2021 at 09:08 PM
AlwaysOnAuto
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.52 #13 · p.52 #13 · Techart PRO FAQ


Thank you @genji.


Dec 04, 2021 at 11:10 AM
Slalom
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.52 #14 · p.52 #14 · Techart PRO FAQ


To stop the Tap chewing resources, I switch off and drop the battery part way out, breaking contact and then putting it back. I hike and know when I won't use it for a while.

I found when updating it was a good idea to set my Android phone to not time out as that effectively stopped the transfer.



Dec 04, 2021 at 05:08 PM
genji
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.52 #15 · p.52 #15 · Techart PRO FAQ


Slalom wrote:
To stop the Tap chewing resources, I switch off and drop the battery part way out, breaking contact and then putting it back. I hike and know when I won't use it for a while.

I found when updating it was a good idea to set my Android phone to not time out as that effectively stopped the transfer.


+1

That's the only way to reliably stop the battery drain.



Dec 05, 2021 at 02:31 AM
D122021
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.52 #16 · p.52 #16 · Techart PRO FAQ


I tested Fotodiox Pronto with a7r4 iva. The test worked.

* Fotodiox Pronto, updated with Techart Pro firmware version 6.

* A7r4 iva (upgraded LCD), firmware version 1.0.
* Nikon lens: 50 mm f1.2

Focus worked in af-s, af-a, af-c modes.

A7r4 iva has the new firmware 1.10. I don't want to upgrade firmware yet.

If you have a7r4 iva, firmware version 1.10, anh Techart Pro, please post your test result



Dec 17, 2021 at 11:30 PM
photeast
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.52 #17 · p.52 #17 · Techart PRO FAQ


Does anyone know if there is a L bracket or grip for A7C that is compatible with the Techart LM-EA7? I bought one from SmallRig on Amazon but it does not work. The extension on the cage base under the lens mount blocks the LM-EA7.

"SmallRig Full Cage with Silicone Side Handle for Sony A7C, Comes with Locating Holes for ARRI, Quick Release Plate for Arca and Cold Shoe Mount - 3212"
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0999JKNJD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1



Jan 06, 2022 at 02:59 PM
Slalom
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.52 #18 · p.52 #18 · Techart PRO FAQ


GM suggested stick on cork circles if you need small clearance changes <2-3mm. They go on the L Bracket and you may not notice them.


Jan 07, 2022 at 07:38 AM
newone757
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.52 #19 · p.52 #19 · Techart PRO FAQ




photeast wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a L bracket or grip for A7C that is compatible with the Techart LM-EA7? I bought one from SmallRig on Amazon but it does not work. The extension on the cage base under the lens mount blocks the LM-EA7.

"SmallRig Full Cage with Silicone Side Handle for Sony A7C, Comes with Locating Holes for ARRI, Quick Release Plate for Arca and Cold Shoe Mount - 3212"
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0999JKNJD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1


Iíve never used this one, and Iím not really sold on it at all, but it at least has the adapter in the product images


https://etsy.me/3HeVeI9



Jan 08, 2022 at 08:52 AM
photeast
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.52 #20 · p.52 #20 · Techart PRO FAQ


Thanks for the message! I saw that one, too. Based on a thread on Reddit, it seems to be the only one available that is compatible with the Techart adapter for A7c. It is also available on eBay with a lower price.

newone757 wrote:
Iíve never used this one, and Iím not really sold on it at all, but it at least has the adapter in the product images

https://etsy.me/3HeVeI9




Jan 08, 2022 at 09:01 AM
1       2       3              51      
52
       53       54       end




FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              51      
52
       53       54       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.