1       2       3              94      
       96              190       191       end

Nikon 105mm f/1.4E ED Image Thread

agelessphotog
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.95 #1 · p.95 #1 · Nikon 105mm f/1.4E ED Image Thread

Max Power wrote:
Sigma primes are easy to dial in, even without the dock, and Sigma has stated that this is their best Art series lens yet, whatever that means. If I were in the market for a lens like this, I would wait until I some real world Sigma images before buying anything.

I'm not a fan of the bokeh with the Art series, so I probably wouldn't be interested. But i'll take a look anyways.

Mar 04, 2017 at 09:02 AM
Hardcore
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.95 #2 · p.95 #2 · Nikon 105mm f/1.4E ED Image Thread

Sorry bout using F1.4 as a crutch folks but when you're in Hawaii you need it to hide the scenery... or so I've been told.

Mar 04, 2017 at 09:23 PM
Elijah
• • • •
p.95 #3 · p.95 #3 · Nikon 105mm f/1.4E ED Image Thread

Hardcore wrote:
Sorry bout using F1.4 as a crutch folks but when you're in Hawaii you need it to hide the scenery... or so I've been told.

What part of Hawaii do you go to?

Mar 05, 2017 at 12:25 AM
Hardcore
• • • •
p.95 #4 · p.95 #4 · Nikon 105mm f/1.4E ED Image Thread

Elijah wrote:
What part of Hawaii do you go to?

First Maui, then Kauai and now Oahu this trip. Love them all but I think I love Oahu the most which is surprising because it seems to be the island most people dislike. Would love to buy a place here.

Mar 05, 2017 at 12:32 AM
Elijah
• • • •
p.95 #5 · p.95 #5 · Nikon 105mm f/1.4E ED Image Thread

Hardcore wrote:
First Maui, then Kauai and now Oahu this trip. Love them all but I think I love Oahu the most which is surprising because it seems to be the island most people dislike. Would love to buy a place here.

Yeah, that would be a dream! Ive been there 3 times as well.
Went to the big Island for a friends wedding, then my wife and I went to Oahu for, Honolulu for our honeymoon back in 2013 and just last year I did a second day session in Maui.

Mar 05, 2017 at 12:46 AM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.95 #6 · p.95 #6 · Nikon 105mm f/1.4E ED Image Thread

Hardcore wrote:

Awesome mate.

Mar 05, 2017 at 08:43 AM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.95 #7 · p.95 #7 · Nikon 105mm f/1.4E ED Image Thread

glowhunter wrote:
lol. I love how you took the time to comb through all of my posts. It makes me feel special. Yup, I WAS a fan of her work until I realized how one dimensional she is. I WAS a fan of the 200 f/2, I bought into the hype of this "magical" lens, until I realized people use bokeh as a crutch to hide poor technique. You and your meme posting cheerleaders are hilarious. They don't say a peep to me except for posting memes.

Wow, aren't you a ball of sunshine. Do you have a website? I'd love to check out what must surely be an amazing and varied portfolio! Please inspire me, oh fantastic amazing one!!

You obviously haven't gone over my work much because I have many many images and sessions that are not all about using my 'magical' lens. In fact, I just did a shoot indoors in a 50's diner. No room for the 200 in there, gosh darn it! How will I hide my poor technique now??

Mar 05, 2017 at 02:00 PM
Elijah
• • • •
p.95 #8 · p.95 #8 · Nikon 105mm f/1.4E ED Image Thread

Lisa_Holloway wrote:
Wow, aren't you a ball of sunshine. Do you have a website? I'd love to check out what must surely be an amazing and varied portfolio! Please inspire me, oh fantastic amazing one!!

You obviously haven't gone over my work much because I have many many images and sessions that are not all about using my 'magical' lens. In fact, I just did a shoot indoors in a 50's diner. No room for the 200 in there, gosh darn it! How will I hide my poor technique now??

Lisa, you need to learn how to ignore these jealous haters
Just because your work is done with a 200/2 does not mean you aren't good at what you do.
I can't believe people even come up with this stuff... Reminds me of the pharisees and scribes from the New Testament.

Mar 05, 2017 at 02:07 PM
glowhunter
• •
[X]
p.95 #9 · p.95 #9 · Nikon 105mm f/1.4E ED Image Thread

Lisa_Holloway wrote:

lol. Here we go again. I'm not a fan of Lebron James, does that mean I'm a better basketball player than him? I'm not a fan of Jimi Hendrix, does that mean I can play the guitar better than him? I was a fan of yours until I realized it's the same trick rehashed over and over again.

Spot coloring was neat, until people started overdoing it. HDR was neat, until people started overdoing it. Bokeh was neat, until people started overdoing it. I'm just not a fan of massively blurred images. If random internet comments hurt your feelings, well that's your problem and not mine.

Now we wait for the people too scared to reply to post some memes..

Mar 05, 2017 at 02:51 PM
Desertcruiser
• •
p.95 #10 · p.95 #10 · Nikon 105mm f/1.4E ED Image Thread

Let it be enough of discussion in this image thread now.
No need for a trench war.

Be happy and increase yourselves.

Mar 05, 2017 at 03:04 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.95 #11 · p.95 #11 · Nikon 105mm f/1.4E ED Image Thread

glowhunter wrote:
lol. Here we go again. I'm not a fan of Lebron James, does that mean I'm a better basketball player than him? I'm not a fan of Jimi Hendrix, does that mean I can play the guitar better than him? I was a fan of yours until I realized it's the same trick rehashed over and over again.

Spot coloring was neat, until people started overdoing it. HDR was neat, until people started overdoing it. Bokeh was neat, until people started overdoing it. I'm just not a fan of massively blurred images. If random internet comments hurt your feelings, well
...Show more

No memes, just a fitting quote from you.

Mar 05, 2017 at 03:11 PM
ariel777
• • •
p.95 #12 · p.95 #12 · Nikon 105mm f/1.4E ED Image Thread

Lisa, your work speaks for itself. Occasionally, some malcontent arises from the debris and voices ill-conceived nonsense; unfortunately that happens and we all must move on. I, for one, admire and respect your work, art and professionalism. Have a most happy day.

Edited on Mar 05, 2017 at 06:01 PM · View previous versions

Mar 05, 2017 at 03:15 PM
hijazist
• • • •
p.95 #13 · p.95 #13 · Nikon 105mm f/1.4E ED Image Thread

Start your own thread complaining about the overuse of blurred images, even though you were heaping praise on them a couple of months ago.

And yes, on a photography forum, if you want to criticize someone with such offensive attitude, you need to at least have a solid portfolio to showcase your work and expertise. Otherwise, be nice and learn how to shoot from better photographers.

glowhunter wrote:

Spot coloring was neat, until people started overdoing it. HDR was neat, until people started overdoing it. Bokeh was neat, until people started overdoing it. I'm just not a fan of massively blurred images. If random internet comments hurt your feelings, well
...Show more

Mar 05, 2017 at 03:22 PM
No Regrets
• • • •
p.95 #14 · p.95 #14 · Nikon 105mm f/1.4E ED Image Thread

ariel777 wrote:
Lisa, you're work speaks for itself. Occasionally, some malcontent arises from the debris and voices ill-conceived nonsense; unfortunately that happens and we all must move on. I, for one, admire and respect your work, art and professionalism. Have a most happy day.

+1 My sentiments exactly! Keep up the great work, Lisa and please continue to share your beautiful images with us.... you have indeed been a great inspiration to me!

Best wishes,
Don

Mar 05, 2017 at 04:40 PM
brian_sp
• • • •
[X]
p.95 #15 · p.95 #15 · Nikon 105mm f/1.4E ED Image Thread

glowhunter wrote:

...Show more

ha ha....glow plug, i see you are making yourself more friends yet

now........pull up your pants (btw...the waist of your jeans means that it is meant to be worn at your waist, NOT at your knees), put your hat on straight and get that lady gaga off your ipod, even more people are laughing at you now

Mar 05, 2017 at 04:50 PM
agelessphotog
• • •
p.95 #16 · p.95 #16 · Nikon 105mm f/1.4E ED Image Thread

glowhunter wrote:

...Show more

Come on man. She has some of the most natural looking photos I have ever seen. Expressions, posting, post processing, choice of locations, her photos are amazing, period.

Mar 05, 2017 at 05:41 PM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
p.95 #17 · p.95 #17 · Nikon 105mm f/1.4E ED Image Thread

As my daughter would say: "Let it go"

FYI: friendly reminder that there is a "hide me" function here at Fredmiranda. They live on attention.

Mar 05, 2017 at 05:50 PM
glowhunter
• •
[X]
p.95 #18 · p.95 #18 · Nikon 105mm f/1.4E ED Image Thread

hijazist wrote:
Start your own thread complaining about the overuse of blurred images, even though you were heaping praise on them a couple of months ago.

And yes, on a photography forum, if you want to criticize someone with such offensive attitude, you need to at least have a solid portfolio to showcase your work and expertise. Otherwise, be nice and learn how to shoot from better photographers.

For the record, I did not bring up Lisa's name. Someone quoted me, they mentioned her. I must have pissed a lot of people off with what I said because people I don't even know are taking cheap jabs at me.

Mar 05, 2017 at 06:24 PM
glowhunter
• •
[X]
p.95 #19 · p.95 #19 · Nikon 105mm f/1.4E ED Image Thread

Blakehfreeman wrote:
They live on attention.

This guy knows a thing or two about trolling.

Mar 05, 2017 at 06:35 PM
ariel777
• • •
p.95 #20 · p.95 #20 · Nikon 105mm f/1.4E ED Image Thread

It's more of an observation of a classless, gratuitous and unwarranted comment which is alien to the good fellowship consistently manifested on this site.

Mar 05, 2017 at 06:38 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.