New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2016 · Techart AF adapter for M (and other) lenses for A7-II and A7R-II

Faraday
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Techart AF adapter for M (and other) lenses for A7-II and A7R-II

If I had a Noctilux I could hire someone to update my TAP firmware

Dec 16, 2017 at 09:50 PM
Quickrider

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Techart AF adapter for M (and other) lenses for A7-II and A7R-II

Hi!

I just received my Techart Adapter for my Sony A7M3 a couple of days ago and finally got a chance to try it out today in bright sunshine. :-)
It seemed to work very well at first, but in combination with my LEICA Summilux 1:1,4/35-Glas, I found it difficult to focus properly on the edges. When I switched to Manual-Focus, I had the impression, that it did not focus quite as good as with my regular "dumb" adapter (Novoflex). Perhaps of the Floating-Element in that Glas? What are the correct settings for a glas like this, when I want to focus manually?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated! :-)

Thanks and best regards from Hamburg, Germany.

Feb 03, 2019 at 10:25 AM
bluloo
• • • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Techart AF adapter for M (and other) lenses for A7-II and A7R-II

Quickrider wrote:
Hi!

I just received my Techart Adapter for my Sony A7M3 a couple of days ago and finally got a chance to try it out today in bright sunshine. :-)
It seemed to work very well at first, but in combination with my LEICA Summilux 1:1,4/35-Glas, I found it difficult to focus properly on the edges. When I switched to Manual-Focus, I had the impression, that it did not focus quite as good as with my regular "dumb" adapter (Novoflex). Perhaps of the Floating-Element in that Glas? What are the correct settings for a glas like this, when I want
...Show more

Not sure exactly what you mean by "did not focus quite as good", but it will depend on where the TAP parks itself - partially retracted, partially extended etc as it will alter the distance from the glass to the sensor in addition to what MF you're applying.

I haven't used mine in some time, but I think you want to have the adapter fully retracted if you want the normal focal range of the MF lens. I forget the setting.

Also, some have experienced a wobble or tilt in their adapters that can throw off focus (one side of the image may be oof because the place is tilted, for example).

Here's a longer thread with tips etc. https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1452716

Feb 03, 2019 at 11:25 AM
Quickrider

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Techart AF adapter for M (and other) lenses for A7-II and A7R-II

bluloo wrote:
Not sure exactly what you mean by "did not focus quite as good", but it will depend on where the TAP parks itself - partially retracted, partially extended etc as it will alter the distance from the glass to the sensor in addition to what MF you're applying.

I haven't used mine in some time, but I think you want to have the adapter fully retracted if you want the normal focal range of the MF lens. I forget the setting.

Also, some have experienced a wobble or tilt in their adapters that can throw off focus (one side of the image
...Show more

Thank you! I will have to try the 3 different options then; I think it was in "Park in Infinity" so far and I switched to "Park at Current Focus". IŽll try it out tomorrow.

Fortunately, Tilting does not seem to be a problem so far; the adapter is brand new.

Feb 03, 2019 at 02:04 PM
bluloo
• • • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Techart AF adapter for M (and other) lenses for A7-II and A7R-II

Quickrider wrote:
Thank you! I will have to try the 3 different options then; I think it was in "Park in Infinity" so far and I switched to "Park at Current Focus". IŽll try it out tomorrow.

Fortunately, Tilting does not seem to be a problem so far; the adapter is brand new.

FYI, I’ve had mine for years and haven’t noticed a tilt.
Good luck and have fun.

Feb 03, 2019 at 02:17 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.