Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

       2       end
  

Archive 2016 · Sunrise over Monument Valley from Hunts Mesa

  
 
4Gott
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sunrise over Monument Valley from Hunts Mesa


Sunrise over Monument Valley from Hunts Mesa. September 2015.
Taken in private workshop i guide.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1700/24814181642_a0da0497f2_o.jpg



Mar 15, 2016 at 04:17 AM
stanparker
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sunrise over Monument Valley from Hunts Mesa


Stunning photo, one of the best MV shots I've seen.


Mar 15, 2016 at 05:01 AM
przero
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sunrise over Monument Valley from Hunts Mesa


WOW!


Mar 15, 2016 at 05:28 AM
psharvic
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sunrise over Monument Valley from Hunts Mesa


Excellent shot. IMO, cropping some of the sky would make it even better.


Mar 15, 2016 at 05:37 AM
EGrav
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sunrise over Monument Valley from Hunts Mesa


I like it as it is. Beautiful.

Edited on Mar 15, 2016 at 09:45 AM · View previous versions



Mar 15, 2016 at 07:00 AM
JohnC
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sunrise over Monument Valley from Hunts Mesa


Very nice, you got some nice clouds. I thought the morning vista was better than the sunset side. All in all a very interesting experience including the white knuckle ride up. Our outfitter told us many opt to hike up.


Mar 15, 2016 at 07:07 AM
MASL
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sunrise over Monument Valley from Hunts Mesa


Great shot. I haven't seen that perspective... It does make me miss the desert...
-Mark



Mar 15, 2016 at 07:38 AM
Bob Altic
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sunrise over Monument Valley from Hunts Mesa


That is simply stunning. Thanks for sharing. Bob


Mar 15, 2016 at 07:50 AM
phil hawkins
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sunrise over Monument Valley from Hunts Mesa


Holy crap. A bit oversaturated, and sized too large for this board, (I had to scroll around to see it on a 2014 15" MacBook Pro) but otherwise two thumbs up.


Mar 15, 2016 at 08:24 AM
ckcarr
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sunrise over Monument Valley from Hunts Mesa


Excellent image!

Regarding this...
phil hawkins wrote:
... and sized too large for this board, (I had to scroll around to see it on a 2014 15" MacBook Pro)


All you have to do is click on the image and it resizes.

Or, on a PC, [Ctrl]- (to make smaller), [Ctrl]= (to make bigger), [Ctrl]0 (to reset back to default).



Mar 15, 2016 at 08:52 AM
JohnC
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Sunrise over Monument Valley from Hunts Mesa


MASL wrote:
Great shot. I haven't seen that perspective... It does make me miss the desert...
-Mark


Unfortunately that view is on private Navajo land and you have to pay for a guided tour by one of the Navajo tour operators. It was well worth it, they provide transportation, tents and sleeping bags and a campfire cooked dinner and breakfast and leave you free to shoot while they set up etc.



Mar 15, 2016 at 09:44 AM
Robert Snow
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Sunrise over Monument Valley from Hunts Mesa


I have stood virtually in that spot. I have never seen a photo that captured the essence of that view. You definitely have a wallhanager on this one.

I have taken perhaps 20 shots from this viewpoint, all on negative color film and none of them came close.

Congrats on a fine image.

bob snow



Mar 15, 2016 at 09:46 AM
bktools
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Sunrise over Monument Valley from Hunts Mesa


Agree with others about a standout image of MV. Very painterly, rich muted colors. Perfect composition!

Bob



Mar 15, 2016 at 10:33 AM
Dave Dillemuth
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Sunrise over Monument Valley from Hunts Mesa


Killer image. Great comp and dramatic sky. If it were mine, I would likely pull down the saturation in the sky a tad. Fine work.


Mar 15, 2016 at 10:41 AM
JimFox
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Sunrise over Monument Valley from Hunts Mesa


It is definitely a great view and I like it. Hunts Mesa is a an awesome location to shoot from and well worth the price the Navajo Guides charge. In fact, the dinner they cooked up there, primitive though it may be is so good, it's almost worth the price of admission all by itself.

But the sky doesn't look real. It looks more like a painting (which are not always real looking) then a photo. Myself I would pull back on the saturation of the sky, and return the blue to a more real blue color then from the painterly purple the blue is now.

Jim



Mar 15, 2016 at 12:05 PM
4Gott
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Sunrise over Monument Valley from Hunts Mesa


Thank you guys for nice comments!


Mar 15, 2016 at 01:34 PM
4Gott
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Sunrise over Monument Valley from Hunts Mesa


JimFox wrote:
It is definitely a great view and I like it. Hunts Mesa is a an awesome location to shoot from and well worth the price the Navajo Guides charge. In fact, the dinner they cooked up there, primitive though it may be is so good, it's almost worth the price of admission all by itself.

But the sky doesn't look real. It looks more like a painting (which are not always real looking) then a photo. Myself I would pull back on the saturation of the sky, and return the blue to a more real blue color then from the painterly
...Show more

I make it in low key and saturation pops up.
Will check original toady and see how it looks without ajustments



Mar 15, 2016 at 01:37 PM
4Gott
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Sunrise over Monument Valley from Hunts Mesa


Robert Snow wrote:
I have stood virtually in that spot. I have never seen a photo that captured the essence of that view. You definitely have a wallhanager on this one.

I have taken perhaps 20 shots from this viewpoint, all on negative color film and none of them came close.

Congrats on a fine image.

bob snow

Thank you Bob
This was taken from spot on the middle of road from sunrise and sunset point
i first time shoot from here although have been at Hunts Mesa around 8 times

Gleb



Mar 15, 2016 at 01:41 PM
4Gott
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Sunrise over Monument Valley from Hunts Mesa


JohnC wrote:
Very nice, you got some nice clouds. I thought the morning vista was better than the sunset side. All in all a very interesting experience including the white knuckle ride up. Our outfitter told us many opt to hike up.


This was taken from spot on the middle of road from sunrise and sunset point



Mar 15, 2016 at 01:43 PM
Ipanematom
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Sunrise over Monument Valley from Hunts Mesa


Beautiful image! Agree with psharvic's observation on cropping the sky as the brightness of the clouds pulls the eye away from the landscape.


Mar 15, 2016 at 03:27 PM
       2       end




FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.