Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · How to compete with expensive kit...

Kenneth Farver
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · How to compete with expensive kit...

You, You are Good!
I have been looking at your work and it's remarkable.
Thanks for sharing!

Jan 25, 2016 at 07:27 PM
sridhar_125

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · How to compete with expensive kit...

Amazing result for $28 ! Before I get my next set of expensive flash/studio light, I will see if I can replicate your results first

Jan 26, 2016 at 04:00 PM
my1eye

p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · How to compete with expensive kit...

Really great knowledge sharing, I'm taking an on-line course and have heard it said its not the equipment its the photographer, but sometimes you have to see it to become a believer.

I think the real 'hidden' cost in your set up is the years of experimenting and practice you probably put in to get to where you are now.

Thank you for this useful post

Feb 05, 2016 at 06:39 PM
WiredMike
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · How to compete with expensive kit...

Two thumbs up for the OP.
Thank you for sharing.

Feb 06, 2016 at 07:25 AM
Denny JetTone

p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · How to compete with expensive kit...

The lovely photo stands on its own and speaks for itself without need of a back story, but the story behind the shot is terrific.

I usually find dilated pupils distracting (Anton Corbijn’s portrait of Miles notwithstanding) but your use of the deep pupils with this model is compelling.

I would look forward to attending any workshop led by you.

Denny

Feb 10, 2016 at 04:03 PM
Numfar
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · How to compete with expensive kit...

Denny JetTone wrote:
The lovely photo stands on its own and speaks for itself without need of a back story, but the story behind the shot is terrific.

I usually find dilated pupils distracting (Anton Corbijn’s portrait of Miles notwithstanding) but your use of the deep pupils with this model is compelling.

I would look forward to attending any workshop led by you.

Denny

Hey Denny,

I'm with you on the dilated pupil thing - I usually have a spider-light set in the studio pointed at the model to keep those puppies at bay - but my exception is any image that is supposed to look...for lack of a better term 'bedroomy'. Really, anywhere that would be subtlety lit - a candle lit scene in a restaurant for example - when the dilation suits the indicated ambient. Then I find fully light-filled eyes distracting. At the end of the day, lighting, hands, eyes, body line and expression - they all need to be telling the same story.

Feb 11, 2016 at 02:10 PM
boingyman
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · How to compete with expensive kit...

It's a good reminder to folks feeling GAS symptoms and to remember that gear for the most part only play a small roll within its limitations. I'm sure you could have done the same with a entry level crop DSLR and a budget prime lens with nearly identical results

Feb 12, 2016 at 03:41 PM
Numfar
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · How to compete with expensive kit...

boingyman wrote:
It's a good reminder to folks feeling GAS symptoms and to remember that gear for the most part only play a small roll within its limitations. I'm sure you could have done the same with a entry level crop DSLR and a budget prime lens with nearly identical results

Actually, an iPhone camera with one of those 'telephoto' lens adapters attached wasn't terribly far off.

Feb 13, 2016 at 12:26 AM
Stephaniespix
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · How to compete with expensive kit...

Enjoyed this, thanks for sharing

Jun 06, 2016 at 09:21 AM
       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.