Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Portrait of Liz in classic Hollywood style.

Numfar
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Portrait of Liz in classic Hollywood style.

This is Liz. She's the younger sister of one of my best friends, who sadly (for me) moved to Toronto a couple years ago with her husband.

Liz is a very talented artist, in both drawing and illustrating. She's also a pretty darn good writer and a fun, free spirit to be around. Loved having her in the studio for the Hollywood series shoot - which as I've mentioned previously here, is my attempt to revisit the style and technique of master photographer George Hurrell.

To me, of all the images in my Hollywood series, this may be the one that comes the closest to being indiscernible from work from the actual period.

Jan 04, 2016 at 11:25 PM
cwebster
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Portrait of Liz in classic Hollywood style.

Perfect!

Jan 04, 2016 at 11:32 PM
Lee Wiren
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Portrait of Liz in classic Hollywood style.

Love it! I can accept this shadow under the chin as it's not a collar/mantle and has a diagonal leave across the neck. The lighting looks like Hurrell, great hair by the way and very beautiful model.

Nice work, this has been fun to see you work on this project, along with your others. Are you done studying George Hurrell then? Is the the Coupe de Gras? I would love to see you keep on, but know also that you endeavor to try new styles and techniques, which I also like and look forward to.

Jan 05, 2016 at 12:44 AM
Jonathan Brady
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Portrait of Liz in classic Hollywood style.

This is an amazing shot and it's quite evident how much work went into it.
I, for one, love the shadows. Wish people these days weren't so scared of them!

Jan 05, 2016 at 05:21 AM
peacefrog33756
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Portrait of Liz in classic Hollywood style.

George Hurrell was indeed a master and your photograph pays wonderful homage to his work. So very well done with a beautiful lady who captured the "look."

Jan 05, 2016 at 05:59 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Portrait of Liz in classic Hollywood style.

This is a lovely portrait in its own right and a wonderful evocation of Hurrell's style. Everything is pitch perfect, down to the tone of the image. This has been a wonderful series by you. You are an acute observer who not only gets the essence of the style you wish to explore, but also transcends the style to make the work your own.

Jan 05, 2016 at 08:57 AM
Bob67

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Portrait of Liz in classic Hollywood style.

Spot on, Brent. Liz definitely has the look of an 'It girl' from the 50s. You captured a classic look. Beautiful model and a very well done image. Both of the series you are currently displaying here are great. Difficult to pick a favorite series. But if I had to, the Renaissance Series is my favorite. Congratulations on both sets. Outstanding work.

Jan 05, 2016 at 01:18 PM
lylejk
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Portrait of Liz in classic Hollywood style.

Definitely like the noir glow.

Jan 05, 2016 at 04:25 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Portrait of Liz in classic Hollywood style.

You've really nailed the look in this one, Brent! Bravo! I have looked at a lot of those old Hollywood headshots and have often thought of trying my own hand a achieving that look in some of my photos. I love that style and think it ought to come back into fashion. Excellent work!

All best wishes,

Endre

Jan 05, 2016 at 05:19 PM
Waki
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Portrait of Liz in classic Hollywood style.

Perfect. Well done. Very well done.

Jan 05, 2016 at 06:31 PM
rongwam
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Portrait of Liz in classic Hollywood style.

Lovely and classic portrait! Well done!

Henry

Jan 09, 2016 at 01:03 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.