New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2014 · December wedding

devisor
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · December wedding

Congratulations to devisor for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 2 votes - View Previous Winners

it was way to dark, and way to much rain in the air, so really happy how the shoot turned out

Dec 22, 2014 at 11:07 AM
haleym77
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · December wedding

Beautiful shot, voted!

Dec 22, 2014 at 11:54 AM
RayConnolly

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · December wedding

Fantastic shot..

Dec 22, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · December wedding

It looks great!

Dec 22, 2014 at 01:45 PM
Wildcats_Fans
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · December wedding

Nice shot.

Dec 22, 2014 at 03:52 PM
parsonsm
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · December wedding

I really love this photo. Great job.

Dec 22, 2014 at 05:14 PM
Ravitej
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · December wedding

Here's a suggestion for that shot. All the spots and bare areas in the snow, clone them out. And what looks like a building at the right horizon clone to sky. Make the entire area of snow on the ground just white. Leave a few areas of light and dark shadows on the snow to retain authenticity. Sky, Subjects, Tree all great. The spots and bare areas are distracting. Take them out and the photo will be elevated to brilliant.

Dec 22, 2014 at 05:20 PM
gregfixit
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · December wedding

Very nice. The pose and the colors are really great!
Well done.

Greg

Dec 22, 2014 at 07:30 PM
Wareseeker
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · December wedding

Love it!

Dec 24, 2014 at 12:25 PM
devisor
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · December wedding

thank you all

don't see why it should be totally cleaned out. For me it brings out more life to image. Actually some of the steps are from deer.

Dec 25, 2014 at 01:36 PM
Mongrel
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · December wedding

devisor wrote:
thank you all

don't see why it should be totally cleaned out. For me it brings out more life to image. Actually some of the steps are from deer.

I know I'm late to the party but...

First of all-wonderful shot, you definitely captured the spirit of a December wedding.

Secondly-thank-you. Thank you for your perspective on bringing more life to the image. Beautiful Princess robe aside-this is not a Disney "animation wedding". I love the fact that these are real people-in a real field-with real snow-a real building, and a "real kiss".

If we are going to clone out the "spots", why not stay inside where it's nice and warm and shoot this against a blue background and cut and paste the couple into the middle of the Alps? Maybe even use a CGI groom-in case this one doesn't cut it?

Let's get back to reality...real people...real places...shot by real photographers....

Jan 02, 2015 at 10:25 PM
devisor
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · December wedding

Thank you Mongrel

Jan 05, 2015 at 04:14 AM
DaveOls
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · December wedding

Great photo.

Jan 05, 2015 at 06:25 AM
slickrick

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · December wedding

love it!

Jan 05, 2015 at 11:44 PM
ledes

p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · December wedding

Nice shoot!!

Jan 06, 2015 at 08:51 AM
lukeb
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · December wedding

Mongrel wrote:
I know I'm late to the party but...

First of all-wonderful shot, you definitely captured the spirit of a December wedding.

Secondly-thank-you. Thank you for your perspective on bringing more life to the image. Beautiful Princess robe aside-this is not a Disney "animation wedding". I love the fact that these are real people-in a real field-with real snow-a real building, and a "real kiss".

If we are going to clone out the "spots", why not stay inside where it's nice and warm and shoot this against a blue background and cut and paste the couple into the middle of the Alps? Maybe even
...Show more

+1

Jan 06, 2015 at 10:49 PM
vasyhov

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · December wedding

Mongrel wrote:
If we are going to clone out the "spots", why not stay inside where it's nice and warm and shoot this against a blue background and cut and paste the couple into the middle of the Alps? Maybe even use a CGI groom-in case this one doesn't cut it?

To be honest, in my OPINION it exactly what happened in THIS PICTURE!

First of all, I would like to say that this is great PICTURE in context of wedding idea and overall non standard "wedding environment". Really liked it as final result.

But as for "OF CAMERA PHOTO", I doubt it...

I'm not an experienced photographer, but I have some years in PS and other stuff.
When you look on the picture, you look for details, detail, details...

As it was posted, it was really raining day, and a lot of "wet" snow with strong wind (seen from background).

What I don't see in this picture is:
1. Where is all the wet spots on the groom's LIGHT GREY clothes. Put a colored t-shirt and go out in a raining day for even a few minutes. Go back inside and see what your clothes look like!!!

2. All the snow (and rain?) drops that seems so clearly on grey sky in background, where is it in foreground Not a drop on couple clothes. TOTALLY clean foreground (except few snow spots on bride's robe that I have wrote opinion about it in last point). Unless "somebody" holding a high enough wall out of scene...

3. His boots seems to be too clean for one who just made his way through the snow, even for low on-ground level snow. Let us not forget it is wet snow which means it will stay on at least on boot's sole. His bottom part of pants is totally dry (try it by your self, go out in windy -rainy day with such clothes even with umbrella, bottom part is always get wet)

4. The wind's direction is against bride back, so why is her robe seems so dry and clear of wet spots. Her hair not even moved by this wind.

5. To the end, you can take this picture and apply on it high pass filter
This picture has many suspicious "things" especially around bride's robe AND (the only one) foreground "snow drop" on her robe.

All this makes me "wonder" where and how this PICTURE was made and main question according to photographer state, is it out-of-camera (with few color editing) photo or a inside taken shoot...

Mar 04, 2015 at 03:35 AM
devisor
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · December wedding

Maybe the image is to small for you to see the raindrops, but they are there , His cloths are marked by the weather.

About the snow, Here it happens often that sudden change from heated day to cold again make the snow having a ice coating so you don't step trough it.

and to answer the rest of your questions.

cropped image

close up of clean shoes unedited

Mar 04, 2015 at 04:28 AM
Disaster
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · December wedding

The splash of blue and warm skin tones against the bleak skies is very effective at conveying a message of love conquering all. I like how you have enough DOF to recognize the tree in the background. Excellent.

Mar 04, 2015 at 05:33 AM
vasyhov

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · December wedding

I'm taking my words back!!!!

I liked the idea of the picture, but knowing it's authentic photo makes it even greater photo

I admire people who stay behind their works.

The snow in last close-up PHOTO looks frozen-to-ice indeed...
You said "..Here it happens...", where was it taken? What country?

Mar 05, 2015 at 04:33 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.