1       2       3              15      
       end

Official: Voigtlander 35 F1.7 Ultron M mount

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.16 #1 · p.16 #1 · Official: Voigtlander 35 F1.7 Ultron M mount

sebboh wrote:
yeah, my tests on the m9 and 24mp UT didn't show that strong a difference surprisingly in midzone. It was there but pretty tiny (the zm had a bit of one too). the 1/3 clicks really bugged me on the vm and blue/yellow colors always looked a little weird (i have this issue with most voigtlanders). i probably prefer the FLE overall for haptics and look, but the zm has a distinctive look that i would sometimes prefer. just looking at sharpness i think the vm is the winner though and the difference in bokeh are pretty small between it
...Show more

It's a noticeable difference on the M10-R or A7R II UT. (I will find some crops)
All lenses look great on the 18MP M9.

I agree on rendering though, they are not that different except that the Leica FLE has bit more outlining at f/1.4 and lower optical vignetting.

Jan 08, 2022 at 12:07 AM
rscheffler
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.16 #2 · p.16 #2 · Official: Voigtlander 35 F1.7 Ultron M mount

Fred Miranda wrote:
Did you buy the chrome or black? I really wanted the chrome (brass) but it's so much heavier.

Black because I prefer the lens to be a little more discrete than shiny chrome. I have the silver 50 Lux ASPH and it sure feels like a solid hunk of metal and glass. A photographer friend always gets a kick out of holding it because the unexpected weight relative to its size. One such lens is enough for my walk-around kit.

Jan 09, 2022 at 05:29 PM
junglialoh
• • • •
p.16 #3 · p.16 #3 · Official: Voigtlander 35 F1.7 Ultron M mount

Taken at Milliken Park in March 13, 2021
Used Panasonic S1R

VM 35mm f1.7

Jan 09, 2022 at 06:09 PM
junglialoh
• • • •
p.16 #4 · p.16 #4 · Official: Voigtlander 35 F1.7 Ultron M mount

Taken with Panasonic S1R
Cleveland Park in Spartanburg City, SC in March 13, 2021

VM 35mm f1.7

Jan 09, 2022 at 06:20 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Fred Miranda
Admin
p.16 #5 · p.16 #5 · Official: Voigtlander 35 F1.7 Ultron M mount

I still own this lens and although do not use it much after buying the FLE and pre-asph, I don't have the courage to sell it. IMO, it's one of the best 35mm lenses for the M-mount.

Apr 06, 2022 at 05:54 PM
junglialoh
• • • •
p.16 #6 · p.16 #6 · Official: Voigtlander 35 F1.7 Ultron M mount

I think it is indeed one of the finest 35mm lens in M system and I still keep it as you do.
It is indeed excellent lens with impressive sharpness for all around purpose.
Used with Panasonic S1R

Voigtlander 35mm F1.7 VM

Apr 06, 2022 at 06:23 PM
rodgerchee

Upload & Sell: Off
p.16 #7 · p.16 #7 · Official: Voigtlander 35 F1.7 Ultron M mount

Fred Miranda wrote:
I have to say that even with the recent 35mm M-mount releases, the Voigtlander 35mm f/1.7 Ultron is still my top choice for the Leica M body and it's too bad it was discontinued. If you can find one new or used, I highly recommend it. It's compact, well-built, superb optically and has great rendering.

On the Leica M or Sony Kolari UT, it's capable of high resolution and contrast from f/1.7 across the entire image field. It's just as good, if not better, than our best 35mm M lenses like the Zeiss 35/1.4 ZM and Voigtlander 35/2 APO. It's
...Show more
Hi,Fred,
whenyou say"...other than the SL system which does much better but still not optimal for this lens.",what performance does the lens on SL fail you? sharpness across-frame? corner IQ? field curvature? is it very visible?
I am thinking of buying this lens for my SL2-s and thinking about the image quality that I may get on my camera.

Jun 23, 2022 at 01:22 AM
junglialoh
• • • •
p.16 #8 · p.16 #8 · Official: Voigtlander 35 F1.7 Ultron M mount

I think this CV 35/1.7 is gem for either M, or L, or Sony FE with PCX 5m.

Jun 23, 2022 at 04:56 AM
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password