FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       5       end

New FM Mobile Site

melcat
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · New FM Mobile Site

Any chance of an option to make the background white? I've never been a fan of the orange on dark grey, but iPads are often used under more challenging lighting than a dedicated postprocessing monitor, and a white background is easier to read, especially with Apple's excellent screens and fonts.

Feb 14, 2014 at 07:55 PM
winthrop

p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · New FM Mobile Site

Works great on my Samsung tablet. Thanks!

Feb 19, 2014 at 03:19 PM
natemerz

p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · New FM Mobile Site

Works well but sometimes I get redirected to the normal site even when on my phone,

Feb 25, 2014 at 02:48 AM
kwoodard
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · New FM Mobile Site

I miss being able to tap an image and zoom in.

Feb 25, 2014 at 04:43 PM
Savas K
• • • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · New FM Mobile Site

The forum is easy on the eyes with iPhone, which normally is eye-scarring with a bright white background behind text. The control buttons work well and respect the user. I like the tiny arrows to zoom up in case one bales out of a thread. And the means to go back into the thread list.

Feb 26, 2014 at 04:54 AM
Perdu
• • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · New FM Mobile Site

The 300 handles far better and is lighter.

Dec 24, 2014 at 02:49 PM
teddoman
• • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · New FM Mobile Site

Fred Miranda wrote:
That is why I do and it works quite well.
I have a shortcut icon for the FM Forum and another for FM Reviews on my iPhone.
It works just as fast as an app.

If you want to make this a little more seamless for users, you might want to consider creating a user-friendly "create FM shortcut" button and prominently display it somewhere.

Along the lines of this: http://socialmedia.biz/2012/02/21/encourage-visitors-to-save-your-site-as-a-mobile-shortcut/

Since ppl like me right now are googling how to create a shortcut

Feb 08, 2015 at 11:29 AM
teddoman
• • •
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · New FM Mobile Site

Oops, nevermind, just found the "Add to homescreen" option in Android which creates a shortcut

Feb 08, 2015 at 11:39 AM
mach250
• • •
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · New FM Mobile Site

any way to get this to work on a computer as well? I'm on a poor network for the next couple months and would like to use the mobile version.

Feb 11, 2015 at 07:36 AM
teddoman
• • •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · New FM Mobile Site

Any chance of integrating with Tapatalk? Seems like a lot of folks access forums via Tapatalk on their cell phones. Tapatalk has notifications when a thread that you're subscribed to is updated, which brings you back to the site more frequently.

Feb 25, 2015 at 12:03 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

mitesh
• • • • •
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · New FM Mobile Site

teddoman wrote:
Any chance of integrating with Tapatalk? Seems like a lot of folks access forums via Tapatalk on their cell phones. Tapatalk has notifications when a thread that you're subscribed to is updated, which brings you back to the site more frequently.

Unless things have changed, Fred had pretty much ruled out that option:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1064638/0&year=2011#10144570

Feb 25, 2015 at 01:05 PM
Sutherland

p.4 #12 · p.4 #12 · New FM Mobile Site

Is there a Buddy List on the mobile version? Thanks!

Feb 26, 2015 at 12:08 PM
basianov
• •
p.4 #13 · p.4 #13 · New FM Mobile Site

Did the page numbers disappear in the Buy/Sell Forums? We used to be able to browse through the pages, and now that no longer seems to be available?

Mar 27, 2016 at 09:36 PM
davidjones123

p.4 #14 · p.4 #14 · New FM Mobile Site

Ohh that was a very good news for me i am looking for Huawei Mobile a mate 9 can you please tell me the price

Sep 22, 2018 at 03:50 AM
Ischgl99
• • •
p.4 #15 · p.4 #15 · New FM Mobile Site

I had to clear my web history on my iPad and now I am stuck on the regular site, I canít find the link at the bottom of the page to switch to the mobile link. Is that not available any longer?

Jan 22, 2021 at 09:06 PM
kmcsmart

p.4 #16 · p.4 #16 · New FM Mobile Site

basianov wrote:
Did the page numbers disappear in the Buy/Sell Forums? We used to be able to browse through the pages, and now that no longer seems to be available?

I can still see page numbers. They are above an ad and above the "Latest Front Page News". It is not really at the bottom of the page.

Jan 25, 2021 at 11:00 AM
dclark
• • • • •
p.4 #17 · p.4 #17 · New FM Mobile Site

Ischgl99 wrote:
I had to clear my web history on my iPad and now I am stuck on the regular site, I canít find the link at the bottom of the page to switch to the mobile link. Is that not available any longer?

Is the mobile version gone?? I donít see the option any more.

Mar 22, 2021 at 12:36 AM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.4 #18 · p.4 #18 · New FM Mobile Site

dclark wrote:

Thatís strange, Dave. I still see it on my device (iPhone 8+, Safari browser, iOS 14.4).

Mar 22, 2021 at 09:10 AM
Ischgl99
• • •
p.4 #19 · p.4 #19 · New FM Mobile Site

dclark wrote:

Itís gone on my iPad. Itís an older 6th generation iPad, so donít know if that has anything to do with it. I can still switch between the standard and mobile version on my Samsung S6 phone, but I donít like using my phone for much with the small screen.

Mar 22, 2021 at 11:44 AM
dclark
• • • • •
p.4 #20 · p.4 #20 · New FM Mobile Site

mitesh wrote:
Thatís strange, Dave. I still see it on my device (iPhone 8+, Safari browser, iOS 14.4).

---------------------------------------------

Ischgl99 wrote:
Itís gone on my iPad. Itís an older 6th generation iPad, so donít know if that has anything to do with it. I can still switch between the standard and mobile version on my Samsung S6 phone, but I donít like using my phone for much with the small screen.

I see it on my iPhone but not my iPad. I tried both Firefox (my usual browser) and Safari on the iPad. Neither shows the mobile option. My iPad is pretty old, so maybe it only works on newer iPads? My iPad says the OS is up to date.

I never use my phone but do occasionally use the iPad for the FM site. It's inconvenient because all the photos are too large for the screen. The mobile version worked better but it seems to be gone for my iPad.

Mar 22, 2021 at 05:02 PM
1       2       3      
       5       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       5       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password