New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Komputerbay CF card for 5DmkIII

maxx9photo
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Komputerbay CF card for 5DmkIII

I've crossed this komputerbay CF cards on Amazon, what do you think on this brand? I'm talking UDMA 7 1000x write speed. Anyone can share their thought? Compare with Lexar, Sandisk, etc.

Mar 04, 2013 at 07:29 AM
PhilDrinkwater
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Komputerbay CF card for 5DmkIII

I have no experience, but I wouldn't move regardless from the big brands 'cos my photos need to still be there when I get home and I don't trust anyone else...

Mar 04, 2013 at 07:32 AM
Mickey
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Komputerbay CF card for 5DmkIII

It's quite possible that being a "no name" brand it was manufactured by one of the big boys anyway and just re-labeled. It's not every Johnny-come-lately" that can set up the manufacturing facilities for that kind of work. Buy one and give it a good workout before you do critical work with it.

PS. Let us know how it goes.

Mar 04, 2013 at 08:49 AM
saneproduction
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Komputerbay CF card for 5DmkIII

Get the Lexar 1000x

Mar 04, 2013 at 08:54 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Komputerbay CF card for 5DmkIII

I would not buy it. My main reason is that the card don't work in all Nikon cameras. They also say on Amazon that it's not compatible with Nikon bodies. So I would not use it in a Canon body. No real and good card only work with certain camera brands.

Mar 04, 2013 at 12:05 PM
scalesusa
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Komputerbay CF card for 5DmkIII

Mickey wrote:
It's quite possible that being a "no name" brand it was manufactured by one of the big boys anyway and just re-labeled. It's not every Johnny-come-lately" that can set up the manufacturing facilities for that kind of work. Buy one and give it a good workout before you do critical work with it.

PS. Let us know how it goes.

A Google search shows this:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/memory-cards-microdrives-card-readers/186602-stay-away-komputerbay.html

They are not a memory company as suggested, but a seller. They now just put their name on the Chinese Memory.

Its your money, but I'd hang on to mine.

Mar 04, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Komputerbay CF card for 5DmkIII

They also write this on Amazon
"**NOT COMPATIBLE WITH NIKON D800 Camera (See Note Below). IMPORTANT NOTE: The Nikon D800 Camera's firmware currently only supports 128GB Compact Flash Cards manufactured by Sandisk or Lexar."

Please check compatibility with your device or its manufacturer. IMPORTANT NOTE: The Nikon D800 Camera's firmware currently only supports 128GB Compact Flash Cards manufactured by Sandisk or Lexar.

Mar 04, 2013 at 12:10 PM
dgdg
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Komputerbay CF card for 5DmkIII

scaleusa wrote:
A Google search shows this:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/memory-cards-microdrives-card-readers/186602-stay-away-komputerbay.html

They are not a memory company as suggested, but a seller. They now just put their name on the Chinese Memory.

Its your money, but I'd hang on to mine.

Reading the post - a weak piece of evidence here. Caution nonetheless I agree.

Mar 04, 2013 at 01:29 PM
Bacalhau
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Komputerbay CF card for 5DmkIII

Stay away from those cards - they will not work well with Canon 5Dmark2 and probably will have issues with other cameras too - low grade product , really.
I know it sounds good, but you are getting a cheap product, that is not reliable and they have a lousy costumer service.
Don't get burned like me
NOT RECOMMENDED

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:04 AM
timbop
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Komputerbay CF card for 5DmkIII

PhilDrinkwater wrote:
I have no experience, but I wouldn't move regardless from the big brands 'cos my photos need to still be there when I get home and I don't trust anyone else...

fo sho !

Mar 15, 2013 at 07:16 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Komputerbay CF card for 5DmkIII

Look at the website. It sounds like a guy in a garage, with limited English skills.

EBH

Mar 15, 2013 at 07:41 PM
Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Komputerbay CF card for 5DmkIII

Bacalhau wrote:
Stay away from those cards - they will not work well with Canon 5Dmark2 and probably will have issues with other cameras too - low grade product , really.
I know it sounds good, but you are getting a cheap product, that is not reliable and they have a lousy costumer service.
Don't get burned like me
NOT RECOMMENDED

+1

stay away

Mar 15, 2013 at 08:23 PM
ComicDom1
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Komputerbay CF card for 5DmkIII

Yep you should put the cheapest tires on the most expensive Rolls Royce you can buy!

Hope you get the message.

Jason

Mar 15, 2013 at 08:34 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Komputerbay CF card for 5DmkIII

Yes, but a 5D III is no RR.

EBH

Mar 15, 2013 at 08:53 PM
cputeq
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Komputerbay CF card for 5DmkIII

The name alone is enough to caution me. Spelling computer with a K is just so wrong.

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:17 PM
LCPete
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Komputerbay CF card for 5DmkIII

To be honest I don't understand why anyone with an expensive decent camera would even think of using such a brand
The risk of lost shots is not worth it
If you don't want to use sandisk Kingston and transcend are both reliable cards

Mar 17, 2013 at 05:24 AM
jprezant
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Komputerbay CF card for 5DmkIII

this is hilarious. I'm bumping it back up. After everyone flamed komputerbay as being crap, it turns out that
it's actually flash memory that was destined to be in lexar cards, but didn't quite make the quality control
pass. So it might run slightly slower than the lexar 1000x. But for 114 bucks for a 64 gig card that supposedly
hits write speeds of 95mbps I will give it a shot. I need a fast card to shoot RAW 1080p on my 5d3's so i'll try it
and report back if anyone is still interested.

Jun 04, 2013 at 02:07 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Komputerbay CF card for 5DmkIII

jprezant wrote:
this is hilarious. I'm bumping it back up. After everyone flamed komputerbay as being crap, it turns out that
it's actually flash memory that was destined to be in lexar cards, but didn't quite make the quality control
pass. So it might run slightly slower than the lexar 1000x. But for 114 bucks for a 64 gig card that supposedly
hits write speeds of 95mbps I will give it a shot. I need a fast card to shoot RAW 1080p on my 5d3's so i'll try it

And yet there's a whole thread explaining just why you should avoid
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1213697/0?keyword=Raw,video#11562327

The chips may be from the Lexar 1000x but they are substandard rejects , and even then it seems that the QC (How do you QC a reject anyway) is bad enough that lots of very bad ones get out . And I don't know of many other cards gat won't work with certain cameras at all .

Lets face it you always run the risk of data corruption , but at least with a the good known brands that risk is less . I'm not sure I'd want to shoot for a day to find I have no images (as opposed to my normal day when I find I have no good images ) I may as well have walked round with a couple of house bricks in my backpack

What's the saying ? But cheap buy twice
At the end of the day its your money to go and waste , but mine (and I susspect anybody else's with sense) is staying in my pocket .

Jun 04, 2013 at 05:17 AM
_SBS_
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Komputerbay CF card for 5DmkIII

jprezant wrote:

Seriously? I understand saving some money on rejects like shirts and jeans, but for data?

Pray the imperfections dont come back to bite you in the ass.

Jun 04, 2013 at 07:13 AM
deepbluejh
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Komputerbay CF card for 5DmkIII

I wouldn't touch them. Cards these days aren't that expensive anyway. Pay a few bucks more and protect your data.

Jun 04, 2013 at 07:44 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password