Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Anyone know of GOOD quality lens attachements for canon G12?

Tjthemaxx
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anyone know of GOOD quality lens attachements for canon G12?

I just bought a Canon Powershot G12 and I am wondering if there are any decent lens options. I plan to buy a set of the lensmate adapter barrels (or one of the off-brands) so I can add my circular polarizer, ND and such, and was wondering if there were any GOOD screw-on lens options. I know century optics fisheyes have pretty high quality glass and they make them with a 58mm screw-on option. So I wouldn't mind buying one if it wouldn't kill my image quality. I won't consider buying one of the cheaper, off-brand ebay lenses because i'm pretty sure they would destroy my images.

I want to see if I can get some additional use out of my new G12 and I don't mind spending some money to do it if needed. Anybody every try anything first hand and know what works? Would also be interested in a *nice* telephoto adapter if there is one. I'm sure Century has one, so I may check those out. Just wanted to know if anyone had done either of them before dropping twice the price of the camera on two lenses for a point-and-shoot.

And please don't bash me for putting so much effort and money into a P&S camera. This is an experiment I want to try, so please keep negative comments out of the thread.

Thanks!
T.J.

Jan 19, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Roland W
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anyone know of GOOD quality lens attachements for canon G12?

Canon makes a limited telephoto adapter lens for the G12. And the Raynox brand of adapters, including a nice looking fisheye adapter lens, have a generally good reputation. You should look in to those, but I do not have any direct experience with adapters of either brand.

Jan 19, 2012 at 03:48 PM
CalW
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anyone know of GOOD quality lens attachements for canon G12?

LensMate is a very small company with management that has been, in my experience, open with information about the use of their products and willing to answer e-mails and telephone calls with questions. I suspect that they would be happy to help you, and would be surprised if they had not tried most of the options available. I have been pleased with Lensmate adapters (although I have none at this time - I have had no trouble selling them when I no longer needed them) and would personally not consider any "off brand" substitutes if I have a future requirement.

Jan 19, 2012 at 03:57 PM
Tjthemaxx
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Anyone know of GOOD quality lens attachements for canon G12?

Thanks Roland! The Raynox stuff looks nice! It also looks as if it's in the price range with the Century Optics stuff, so I hope I can hear from someone who's used it before dropping that much money.

Also thanks to you, CalW! I hadn't thought about talking to lensmate about other options they may have tested!! Great idea!

Jan 19, 2012 at 04:23 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.