Nikon D610 DSLR Camera

Built-In Flash with Commander Mode
Supports WU-1b Wireless Mobile Adapter

incrediblehark

Registered: Nov 6, 2014
Review Date: Oct 12, 2015 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 10

Pros: Excellent Dynamic Range, Amazing Low Light Performance, Decent Live View, Good Battery Life, Great Controls, User 1 and User 2 Dial Setting, Feels Amazing with Battery Grip, Works Well with Legacy and New Lenses, Etc...
Cons:
Fixed Aperture in Live View

I upgraded from a D7000 to this camera, so the body felt pretty much the same, just slightly bigger. I've used many other Nikon DSLR's and this is by far the best. The low light performance and dynamic range are better than I expected. There's a reason this camera sensor is so well rated, it really is that good. I shoot a lot of walk-around portraits, studio and outdoor portraits, and landscapes with this camera. It has exceeded my expectations, especially in landscape settings. I haven't needed a filter kit since getting it!

The only complaint I have would be the fixed aperture in Live View. It's not an issue with manual lenses (obviously), but kind of sucks with G lenses when composing landscapes. Although closing and re-opening LV isn't really that big of a deal, so I'm splitting hairs a bit.

I love my D610. Steal of a deal at the current price point.

Oct 12, 2015
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add incrediblehark to your Buddy List
Mond

Registered: Jul 6, 2012
Review Date: Aug 31, 2014 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 10

Pros: Low noise, image quality, battery life
Cons:
I don't like the price of full-frame lenses or the seemingly poorer choice compared with DX

This is my sixth Nikon DSLR and the best so far. I love the lack of image noise and the clarity of the image, and I like that I can run both my D7100 and the D610 using the same batteries and controls. The battery seems to last much longer on the D610. They are similar in size and weight but the D610 has better noise control and image quality.

I was a bit worried about the dust problem associated with the previous version, the D600, but despite changing lenses constantly I have yet to find any evidence of dust with this camera.

Aug 31, 2014
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add Mond to your Buddy List
muralin

Registered: Dec 28, 2008
Review Date: Jun 26, 2014 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $1,900.00 | Rating: 9

Pros: User interface and accessories pretty identical to my other camera - D7100. I only shoot Raw and images are terrific. Don't miss the D700 any more.
Cons:
None so far.

Jun 26, 2014