534 903034 Mar 26, 2014
ef_24-70_28u_1_

This new lens does what many pros thought couldn't be done - replace the previous L-series 28-70 f/2.8 lens with something even better. Extended coverage to an ultra-wide angle 24mm makes it ideal for digital as well as film shooters, and the optics are even better than before with two Aspherical elements and a totally new UD glass element. It's now sealed and gasketed against dust and moisture, and a new processing unit makes the AF faster than ever.

Page:  20 · 21 · 22 · 23 · 24 · 25 · 26 · 27 · 28 · 29 · 30>  next

malla1962

Registered: Mar 25, 2005
Review Date: Oct 29, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 10

Pros: Super fast, sharp colour and contrast. Nothing wrong with my copy.
Cons:
The weight to some people may be a problem, but not to me. I feel this is due to the quality build. A bit expensive

I was dubious about buying this lens, due to some bad press. I'm glad I did buy it because this lens is just superb.

Oct 29, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add malla1962 to your Buddy List
jthai

Registered: Aug 2, 2004
Review Date: Oct 20, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 10

Pros: Sharp sharp at wide open F2.8. Fast AF, nice contract, color. Bright viewfinder. Solid build like tank. Good for wedding photography. Fast zoom lens in its range. Pro lens ...Razor sharp at stop down aperture.
Cons:
Just little heavy after hold for few hours. It is Ok. just bit soft at 70mm at F2.8. I like Prime lens it is sharper than zoom.

This is my third copy which Canon replaced for me.
Finally, I got good copy. No back focus and sharpness issue.
Most of my sharpness test at F2.8 indicated the sharpness of this lens.

Here are the link to see the F2.8 sharpness test.

Happy keeper

Oct 20, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add jthai to your Buddy List
discreet

Registered: Aug 31, 2004
Review Date: Oct 18, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $965.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Great lens... but boring... it is afterall a normal wider zoom... but it is the best in its class and frankly speaking the 2.8 and close focusing is very valuable to me. Also i like the reverse telescoping front element as it means at 24mm, the hood is very short while at 70mm, the front element is deeply recessed in the hood so you get maximum hood protection
Cons:
Expensive.. but aint all good lens expensive??

Amazing lens... sharp and very very fast for a normal zoom lens. Give that 3D pop to images that you cannot find in other lenses...

Oct 18, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add discreet to your Buddy List
richardho11

Registered: Jun 9, 2005
Review Date: Oct 10, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $1,200.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Tack Sharp, Beautiful contrasty colors without PS, Built Like a Tank, Super Fast and Quiet USM, Focuses extremely fast in low light, Weather Sealed and Large 2.8 aperture!
Cons:
None!

What can I say, for a zoom for this particular range, its one of the best!! My copy is TACK SHARP!! I also own the 50mm 1.4 and the 35 1.4L, but have no hessitation using this 24-70 when needed. Infact, its on my camera 80% of the time! It expensive, but I have no regrets purchasing this lens! I have no hessitation reccommending this lens to anyone that needs a zoom in this range, because when your in search of the absolute best this Canon 24-70L is your only choice.

Oct 10, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add richardho11 to your Buddy List
albertomonte

Registered: Sep 19, 2005
Review Date: Oct 9, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 10

Pros: obiettivo eccezionale-dotato di una discreta escursione focale non tradisce mai. Ottimo il contrasto e la nitidezza. offre il meglio di s da 24mm a 45mm con apertura tra f/6 e f/10-leggerissimo calo alla focale 70mm. Distorsione ben corretta e vignettatura trascurabile e, comunque , scompare a da f4 in poi
Cons:
un p pesante ma te lo senti pieno in mano e ben bilanciato.

grazie alla sua discreta escursione rappresenta un obiettivo quasi tuttofare. Questo obiettivo in grado di competere, a qualsiasi focale, con quasi tutti gli altri obiettivi canon con focale fissa; capace di produrre colori saturi e brillanti grazie alla sua superba qualit costruttiva e, malgrado il suo costo, non credo possa mancare nella borsa del fotografo amatore o professionista.

Oct 9, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add albertomonte to your Buddy List
sam0329

Registered: Aug 20, 2005
Review Date: Oct 6, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 10

Pros: Very sharp for my copy
Cons:

My first copy was very very bad, blur and out of focus, however, the second one is very good, very sharp!

Oct 6, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add sam0329 to your Buddy List
ptnik

Registered: Oct 4, 2005

Pros: image quality, f2.8,
Cons:
heavy

top image quality for a zoom...

Oct 6, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add ptnik to your Buddy List
burtonburton

Registered: Jun 7, 2005
Review Date: Oct 1, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 10

Pros: Sharp, contrast, 3D quality of prints
Cons:
weight, size

I bought this lens pre-owned and I think I have a good one. On my 350D it is almost too sharp as portrait lens. I am still testing, but my first headshots in the 50-70mm range, wide open to 4.0, are very sharp. It is imperative to focus properly, in order to get this impressive sharpness, as DOF is very small, even at 4.0.
Yes, it is heavy, fat and big with its hood on, but after seeing the first pictures with this lens, I do not care anymore... This lens is going see some heavy use in the future.

Oct 1, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add burtonburton to your Buddy List
bobphilly

Registered: Dec 25, 2003
Review Date: Oct 1, 2005 Recommend? no | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 7

Pros: In (Image quality) the Canon 24-70L is NOT better than the Tamron 28-75 2.8 Di lens in my opinion. If you do your homework, look up both reviews on Popular Photography (popphoto.com) website under (Lens test archives) and look at the lens test charts and compare, and if that does not satisfy you, buy one and compare it yourself. The Canon might feel smoother or built better BUT if you are looking for (image quality) which I put as the number ONE thing before everything, you have to choose the Tamron over the Canon. If you are worried about the lens breaking for any reason, don't worry, you can buy 3 more for the price of the canon at 1200.00. Don't knock the tamron if you haven't done a side by side comparison, trust me you will be shocked! Buy the Canon if you absolutely need the lens to be silent and your looking for an above quality built lens. (I'm not saying the Tamron is not a quality lens either). Don't buy the canon for 1200.00 because of peer pressure, or (meaning everyone will not look up to you if you don't have a Canon). Don't worry, wait until they see your prints!!! That will keep them quiet. P.S. Please don't think I can't afford the Canon either. I Can. I just cant justify the price.
Cons:
The Tamron is light weight too. The canon's a brick.

Oct 1, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add bobphilly to your Buddy List
Canonian

Registered: Mar 30, 2005
Review Date: Sep 30, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $1,498.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: This my walk around lens. Very sharp, fast focus. I cannot ask for more.
Cons:
extending zoom (not internal)

Sep 30, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add Canonian to your Buddy List
Sportscaster

Registered: Jul 30, 2005
Review Date: Sep 18, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $1,089.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Wonderful sharp lens; nice macro too.
Cons:

After reading all the reviews on this lens, I was at first leary of making a purchase. To my absolute delight, I have found that this is a great performing standard zoom lens that is ideal for my 20D. I think the combination is terrific.

I have taken many pictures with this lens and I have total confidence in it. I quickly learned to accept it's weight and spend my time doing all the creative things this combination permits my amateur imagination to do. By the way, I really like the basic macro on this lens and I have taken some great pictures with it.

If you are wondering about purchacing this lens . . . wonder no more and buy it. It is now my standard "L" lens. The moment I began to use it, I felt for the first time since the old film days that I was shooting with my old friends that I never use any more, my 35 mm film nikon and my 6X7 Pentax medium format system. That is saying a lot and it is the best compliment that I can give this lens.

Sep 18, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add Sportscaster to your Buddy List
teggan

Registered: Aug 30, 2005
Review Date: Sep 15, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $1,050.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Sharp, fast and reliable
Cons:
None so fare.

While shopping for a 70 -200 f2.8 I "stumbled" over this one.
In fact I was asked by the salesman to take a look at it, since I had brought my camera.

I took some shots, and he printed them out for me. The quality was great, even on a "crappy" printer. But I fell totally in love with it when we studied the photos on the computer.

So what happend was that I dropped the 70-200 and went for this one.

So now it's back time to save money for the original lense I wanted to buy.

Sep 15, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add teggan to your Buddy List
sandisk

Registered: Jul 16, 2005
Review Date: Sep 15, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 9

Pros: solid lens, fast focusing, sharp
Cons:
lens barrel zooms, weight

A solid lens with macro function that serves quite well.

Sep 15, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add sandisk to your Buddy List
rklepper

Registered: May 22, 2005
Review Date: Sep 14, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $1,139.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Build like a tank. Razor sharp photos. Easy to hand hold. Extremely well balanced.
Cons:
Cost, but I knew that

I love this lens. It takes great photos, even in low light. It is well balanced with the camera, which makes it easy to use hand held. Highly recomended. Just make sure you give it time to get used to the lens

Sep 14, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add rklepper to your Buddy List
Arvin

Registered: Sep 11, 2005
Review Date: Sep 11, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 10

Pros: Exceptional build quality, this lense demonstrates the difference between happy-snaps and pro photos.
Cons:
Ah, none for me.

I bought in China (yes, risky!!) for around $700 cheaper than Australia retail. Top lense!!

Everyone says the weight is a problem, but pro lenses generally weigh this much. You get used to it very, very quickly. Besides, in gives some stability, cos it makes you hold camera firmly.

I realised how beautiful this lense was when I shot some photos for a friends display home. They are now used in a professional brochure.

This lense makes the amateur (me!) quite pro!!!

If you are serious about any hobby, and are competitive with what you do, then dont waste your dough on anything else in this range, and be the best from day 1.

PS: I use 20D, and recently bought another beuty 70-200 f/2.8L.

Sep 11, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add Arvin to your Buddy List
ghamden

Registered: Aug 10, 2005
Review Date: Aug 25, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $1,139.00 | Rating: 9

Pros: Excellent Lens Build quality photos are crisp
Cons:
Little pricey

This lens is fast sharp and has a good feel to it except the backward Zoom. The canon quality is definetly there learning curve is at a minimum.

Aug 25, 2005