about | support
home
 

Search Used

Sony FE 70-200mm f/4 OSS SEL70200G

Buy from B&H Photo
Reviews Views Date of last review
3 5150 Dec 13, 2014
Recommended By Average Price
100% of reviewers $1,359.67
Build Quality Rating Price Rating Overall Rating
9.50
9.00
9.7
Sony-FE-70-200mm-f4-G-OSS

Specifications:
Name: Sony 70-200mm f/4 OSS SEL70200G
Image Circle: 35mm (Full-frame E-Mount)
Type: Telephoto Zoom
Focal Length: 70 - 200mm
APS Equivalent: 105 - 300mm
Max Aperture: f/4
Diaphragm Blades: 9
Diagonal Angle of View (Based on image circle): 34 to 12.5 degrees
Focus Details: Internal; Linear Motor with AF/MF switch, Focus Range Limiter
Front Element Rotation: No
Zoom System: Rotary
Closest Focus: 1.0m / 3.4 ft.
Magnification Ratio: 0.13x / 1:7.7
Filter Size: 72mm
Dimensions (Length x Diameter): 175mm x 80mm / 6.9 in. x 3.1 in.
Weight: 840g / 29.6 oz
Notes: Optical SteadyShot; Included Accessories: Tripod Collar, Lens Hood, Case


 


      
Fred Miranda
Online
Admin
Image Upload: On



Registered: Dec 30, 2001
Location: United States
Posts: 18136
Review Date: Dec 13, 2014 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $1,231.00 | Rating: 10 

Pros: build quality, quiet OSS, relatively compact, IQ even wide-open
Cons:
fly-by-wire focus mechanism.

The size of the lens is about the same as the Canon/Nikon competitors which is very compact for a 70-200 f/4 lens. Yes, maybe it's not a small lens but we are talking full frame here and I always prefer IQ over size.

The Sony 70-200 f/4 is just as good or better than my Canon 70-200 f/4L IS which is a superb lens. Micro contrast and colors are excellent and there is no apparent compromise. A shortcoming of the Canon 70-200 f/4 was always 200mm f/4 at MFD. The Sony performs way better at MFD and the image stabilizer seems almost silent. In contrast Canon's IS version is very loud.

At 200mm, there is a small penalty in the corners when shooting wide open. That is minimum though and it's just perceptible because the center is that good. Maybe I got lucky with my copy but can only highly recommended this lens.


Dec 13, 2014
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add Fred Miranda to your Buddy List  
PrecisionPhoto
Offline
Image Upload: Off



Registered: Oct 4, 2006
Location: United States
Posts: 1949
Review Date: Aug 31, 2014 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $1,350.00 | Rating: 10 

Pros: Light weight, quality made, excellent optics native lens on the A7
Cons:
none

I love this lens, the photo's that come from it remind me of the Canon 200 1.8 prime from the past I had and that saying a lot.

Fast focusing and love that it's a native lens on my Sony A7


Aug 31, 2014
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add PrecisionPhoto to your Buddy List  
omarbr
Offline
Image Upload: Off

Registered: Dec 23, 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 1
Review Date: Jun 11, 2014 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $1,498.00 | Rating: 9 

Pros: This lens is very sharp, nice bokeh, good color, light weight despite of its size, well-built and OSS
Cons:
Price seem a little high for F4

After being disappointed with the Sony FE 2470mm F4, the Sony FE 70-200mm F4 lens has happily amazed me with how sharp and clear it is. Auto focus seem fast and accurate for 95% of the pictures. I have noticed that I can fine tune the focus on the other 5% with focus peaking to get even sharper pictures. With Optical Steady Shot I have been able to get hand held sharp shots in low light (1/80 sec at F4). I thought about waiting to purchase this lens until after reading positive review, but Im very happy I will have it for our family Glacier National Park trip.

Jun 11, 2014
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add omarbr to your Buddy List  




Sony FE 70-200mm f/4 OSS SEL70200G

Buy from B&H Photo
Reviews Views Date of last review
3 5150 Dec 13, 2014
Recommended By Average Price
100% of reviewers $1,359.67
Build Quality Rating Price Rating Overall Rating
9.50
9.00
9.7
Sony-FE-70-200mm-f4-G-OSS