Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS

41 94368 Nov 22, 2022
35f2is

The EF 35mm f/2.0 IS USM Standard Prime Lens from Canon adds hybrid Image Stabilization (IS) to a rear focusing system and ring-type Ultra Sonic Motor (USM) for not only quick and quiet autofocus, but steadier shots in low-light conditions. Optimized lens coatings help ensure exceptional color balance while minimizing ghosting, and full-time access to manual focus is provided while in autofocus (AF) mode allowing you to quickly switch between the two as you need them.

• Aperture Range: f/2.0-22
• 4-stop Image Stabilization (IS)
• Glass Molded Aspherical Element (GMo)
• Rear Focusing & Ultra Sonic Motor (USM)
• Full-Time Manual Focus in AF Mode
• Minimum Focusing Distance: 9.48"
• Ring USM Low-Speed Drive for Video
• Eight Circular Aperture Blades

AmberBrion

Registered: Sep 4, 2022
Review Date: Nov 22, 2022 Recommend? | Price paid: Not Indicated

Pros: High-quality photo.
Cons:
non so far

It's good that I bought this cam. sell my house fast in Cincinnati

Nov 22, 2022
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add AmberBrion to your Buddy List
faye109

Registered: Nov 6, 2022
Review Date: Nov 6, 2022 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated

Pros: Can afford, high quality and nice image
Cons:
nothing so far

I love this product so much, thanks for this!!!

---------------------------------------------------

see this

Nov 6, 2022
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add faye109 to your Buddy List
Truney

Registered: Nov 2, 2022
Review Date: Nov 2, 2022 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 8

Pros: Sharp picture quality, easy to handle and great user friendly menu settings.
Cons:

Sharp picture quality, easy to handle and great user friendly menu settings. Used for a shoot when I worked as a Painter and Decorator Derby

Nov 2, 2022
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add Truney to your Buddy List
KellyP

Registered: Sep 30, 2022
Review Date: Sep 30, 2022 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $250.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Light weight, small, good image quality, low price
Cons:
needs USM, noisy focus

This is a very good lens for the money. It is close to what we used to call "normal" in the old days with the 1.6 crop factor cameras. Image quality on the APS camera is very good. Sharp and pretty good contrast. Focus is noisy but fast and it does not hunt a lot. It is one of the older designs.. 1990's and could use USM and FT manual like the 85 1.8 etc. But, for the money it is a good lens to own and use. It is very small and unobtrusive. It will not stand out in a crowd or attract other photographers, but if you want some good images it will produce. engagement photographer atlanta Onboarding software real estate experts

Sep 30, 2022
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add KellyP to your Buddy List
AmberBrion

Registered: Sep 4, 2022
Review Date: Sep 29, 2022 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $279.00 | Rating: 9

Pros: Consistent performance
Cons:

Canon’s EF 35mm f/2 adheres to a traditional film-camera focal length while at the same time attempting to meet the demands of digital photography. This makes perfect sense for Canon given that the EOS camera range includes bodies with both full-frame and sub-size sensors, but it also means that the effect of the lens, in terms of its field of view, will vary when used on different cameras. lashes courses online

Sep 29, 2022
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add AmberBrion to your Buddy List
Patricko

Registered: Sep 21, 2022
Review Date: Sep 21, 2022 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 9

Pros: Hardwearing, traditional design, Quality Lens
Cons:
Price point

Overall great product. Used it to take some photos for the Roofers Leeds homepage and they turned out great. Price is a little out of budget but I suppose you get what you pay for

Sep 21, 2022
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add Patricko to your Buddy List
allanpetter

Registered: Aug 3, 2022
Review Date: Aug 3, 2022 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 8

Pros: Cheap, sharp, light, compact.
Cons:
Not an L lens. Slightly noisy.

Let's be honest. This is a budget lens. We all want high end gear but usually have to settle for cheaper stuff. Lenses such as this make that OK.

This baby OUT PERFORMS the f1.4L in some categories. It's not far behind in the others.
Everybody loves zooms & use them most of the time. The only reason we still use primes is because they're fast & sharp. Zooms have become sharper, so therefore we only use primes because they're fast. This lens is fast compared to almost any zoom.
35mm is slightly wide or around normal on a DSLR, depending on the sensor, therefore;
it's not wide enough for the "serious" landscape people & it's not long enough for the "nature" people in awning company near me Manahawkin NJ, so it's going to be used as a "general" lens when the lights low.
Great.
It's light enough to have in your bag all the time & just used in those low light situations.
It makes a good lens for light, all day walks & hikes.
Don't worry about the data, you're just distracting yourself from the main purpose; taking beautiful & interesting pictures. If those wing-nuts can do it with a LOMO, then you can do it with something like this.

Aug 3, 2022
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add allanpetter to your Buddy List
codym90

Registered: Jul 13, 2022
Review Date: Jul 13, 2022 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $300.00 | Rating: 7

Pros: Great image stabilization for video
Cons:
Not as good as the RF lenses

This lens is great for video and low light. I loved using it when I had a Canon 5D Mark IV. I've since sold it when I got my Canon R6.

Jul 13, 2022
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add codym90 to your Buddy List
glasgow

Registered: Jun 28, 2022
Review Date: Jun 28, 2022 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 8

Pros: it's very good to the clarity of the photo
Cons:
nothihng

When choosing a resin bound driveway, it is important to look for one that is UV stable. UV stable resins are more refined than non-UV stable ones. This means that they will maintain their clear colour even when exposed to UV light. If you have light aggregates in your driveway, this is important, as the shade of your resin will appear brown over time. Non-UV stable resins will change colour slightly when exposed to sunlight, but will still remain durable.see this

Jun 28, 2022
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add glasgow to your Buddy List
phillipsaevere

Registered: May 6, 2022
Review Date: May 16, 2022 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 10

Pros: Good high iso performance, great movies, excellent features for the price with great picture quality
Cons:
for the money none!

I prefer direct access to the AF points and you can't just press the Set button to go back to the centre AF point if you have this enabled. I cannot imagine why they do not allow this as the Set button isn't doing anything else at this time and is supposedly customisable too, just not with anything useful.

The high ISO image quality in RAW is about a stop better than the much-used 18 meg sensors but the low ISO IQ is very much the same, perhaps very slightly less noisy.

Considering this is several years on in development from my 7D and 550D I'm a little underwhelmed, even though it's hard to say quite why, the camera just seems a bit 'sterile' a bit 'soul-less' but then it's basically a computer outdoor living space . It certainly doesn't feel much like an upgrade in any meaningful way.

May 16, 2022
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add phillipsaevere to your Buddy List
jmikes

Registered: Jan 15, 2019
Review Date: Sep 2, 2021 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $540.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Sharp when focused properly. Light weight. Good construction. Moisture resistant. Good autofocus. Excellent image stabilization. Excellent low light capability.
Cons:

I have owned this lens since 2015, bought used on Fred Miranda. Eventually, I sent it to Canon for focus adjustment. Since then, the lens has performed spectacularly. The lens is sharp, focus is accurate, low light with the IF and f/2 is truly amazing.

This lens has been my walk around lens for my Canon 6D since I bought it.

Amazing lens.

Sep 2, 2021
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add jmikes to your Buddy List
Didi88

Registered: May 12, 2020
Location: Croatia
Review Date: Mar 29, 2021 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated

Pros: Sharp, fast and good looking
Cons:
AF often misses in poor light, but i think it could be my 5dIII's fault

I got rid of my sigma 35mm because of AF issues. At first, I was worried because I was thinking I'm replacing sigma with an inferior lens. Luckily, I was wrong.

Regarding sharpness, this little lens never left me wanting. I like to shoot my primes wide open, and I can say I never noticed any difference between it and sigma. And I like to pixel peep my photos.

Second thing that made me worry is the subject isolation capability. There's no better thing for me than slightly soft background when shooting portrait with a fast 35mm. Canon didn't dissappoint here. Difference between f1.4 and f2 is really not so big. I can still achieve a nice soft backround even with a full body shot.

Vignetting? It probably bothers some people, but not me. It adds to a charm of the picture.

It's not built like the sigma, but it's good enough. I use a heavy tank-like gripped camera body, and I don't think this lens makes it look any less sturdy. It's short and stubby. I like lens that look like that.

One more thing that makes it better than sigma. You can easily put a front cap on while using the lens hood. With sigma that was not so easy.

Mar 29, 2021
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add Didi88 to your Buddy List
deanmejos

Registered: Feb 17, 2015
Review Date: Nov 7, 2018 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 10

Pros: small, light, sharp, IS
Cons:
not 1.4

I'm from the Philippines and my friend in the US bought this for me last Dec 2017 and after ~10 months with it, I am very happy with it. The only downside for me is that it doesn't go to 1.4 but instead gets IS. It's become my main lens on my 6D II and it only goes to the bag when I need something with more reach. Focus is fast and accurate, it's sharp wide open, it does vignette a bit but I like the look and it does offer a pretty different look compared to the 50 so I'm learning to appreciate that too.

Nov 7, 2018
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add deanmejos to your Buddy List
dalephill2

Registered: Aug 26, 2003
Review Date: Jun 23, 2018 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $450.00 | Rating: 9

Pros: Lite, sharp, fast, what more could you ask for.
Cons:

This really is a jewel of a lens, its so lite I enjoy it as a walk around, on my crop body or my 5dmkiv. tack Sharp at 2.8 and beyond, even 2.0 is very usable, I love this lens I also have the 16-35f4 and I could not do without the 2.0. ive been seeing them at 400 and its a steal.

Jun 23, 2018
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add dalephill2 to your Buddy List
AlbertConnor

Registered: Feb 13, 2018
Review Date: Feb 13, 2018 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $600.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Sharpness, weight, compact size, picture, bokeh, tenacity of focus, speed of focusing, image stabilization in poor conditions, color rendition.
Cons:

I bought this lense for low light. Mainly on people's birthdays, for when the candles are getting blown out. cheaper than the L1.4, which I tested. This lense is very good quality and I would highly recommend it.

Feb 13, 2018
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add AlbertConnor to your Buddy List
akustyk

Registered: Apr 26, 2011
Review Date: Jan 28, 2018 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 10

Pros: excellent sharpness from f/2 on, efficient IS, size/weight excellent for it being well balanced and not to heavy, fast AF also in movie mode
Cons:
bokeh gets ugly with busy backgrounds, but it's nothing like the old Canon's 5 blade diaphragms. new price a bit too steep

it started with the Yongnuo 35/2 for me, which turned out to be excellen focal length for use with crop body (750D). after about a month with the YN I was very certain that this is the focal length I love to have in a fast and solid optically lens. unfortunately, YN was a mixed bag with significant share of bad photos due to missed focus, so I had to look for something more expensive. I didn't particulary like size/weight of Tamron 35/1.8 and obviously even less of the Sigma's ART lenses (whose designers clearly ignore the concept of small size and weight) nor the price (and bulk too) of Canon's 35/1.4. I was a bit reluctant about 35/2 IS too, as I was affraid it would be too bulky for a Rebel. in the end it isn't really. it is relatively large but it balances very finely. in terms of optics and mechanics I knew what to expect and my own impressions coincide with the internet knowledge.

Jan 28, 2018
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add akustyk to your Buddy List

Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS