Lowepro Lens Case 4

3 34487 May 30, 2009
10.0

Holds Features a rigid base, shoulder strap and compression straps for attaching to other Lowepro packs and bags. Fits larger lenses such as the Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS. Can be attached externally to Lowepro (and other manufacturers) backpacks for additional storage.

Capacity:

70200 mm f/2.8 with hood reversed;
300 mm f/4; or 35350mm plus hood

Size (Interior): 4.5D x 10H in. / 11.5 x 25.5 cm

Outer fabric: water-resistant 600D TXP

poodlelvr

Registered: Aug 25, 2005
Review Date: May 30, 2009 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 10

Pros: Very protective, excellent size for my 70-200 f2.8 IS
Cons:

This lens case pretty much lives in my car - very protective and it always has one of my Canon white lens in it - I pretty much toss it in the car when I am off shooting which gives me that extra telephoto without filling up the daybag.

I probably should buy a couple more. Zippers high quality, protection very high, easy to remove lens...what else can I say about a lens case? Always use this one, never the Canon.

May 30, 2009
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add poodlelvr to your Buddy List
duckieNL

Registered: May 30, 2007
Review Date: May 30, 2007 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated

Pros: Great value, good protetion, and even handy as a carriying bag for softdrink bottles on the outside of your photobag, without being afraid of leakage
Cons:
To big for a Lowepro Toploader 65AW or 70AW

I have had several Lowepro bags and i always wanted lenscase or something to add. Call me a gearfreak, and yes i am ;-)

On the other hand, it is handy tot carry lenses externally for quick access or is you just need extra room for transport.

For that reason, and the combination of a Toploader 70AW, i bought a lenscase 4. I do not have a EF 70-200 F2.8 IS USM, but i do rent it a lot. Later i bought a LC4S for smaller lenses and my latest purchase was a LC3. The smaller ones will eventually appear in my house for all the other lenses, but in the mean time they protect all my lenses with i take out. The LC4 is to big for a Toploader 70AW, so a removed the straps put them on the LC3, which is full of loops but has no straps. And now de Toploader is in better balance with the LC4S. The LC4 is carried seperately by its carriing strap, or stored on a save and controlled environment.

I still believe that A Toploader and Lenscase Combinations gives you more freedom and different combinations, which a Slingshot will not. The slingshot should be bought as large as possible and sometimes it is to big, or there is no need for extra pockets etc. With a Toploader with or without Lenscases you heve more variable combinations. The downside is that i have bought a Oriontrekker to compensate for this. ;-)

May 30, 2007
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add duckieNL to your Buddy List
jamesf99

Registered: Oct 9, 2004
Review Date: Sep 4, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $20.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Very well made, flexible attachments. and the right size for some of the most popular lenses.
Cons:

This case is great for lens storage and transportation. I use it for the Canon 70-200 2.8 IS and it's just the right size.

Attaches to Lowepro bags (and others). I frequently use this (along with a 4S size) on my mini Trekker AW as a quick storage option so I don't have to stop and open the main section of the backpack. I'll put the lens in the case, zip it closed and attach another lens.

When I'm not using a lens, they (all my lenses) live in cases like this one (different sizes of course). They're more protective and accessible than the case that Canon provides.

Sep 4, 2005