Canon Deluxe Backpack 200 EG

69 87203 Dec 4, 2010
8.3
46512canon_200EG_1_

A nicely apportioned backpack with Canon's recognizable black & olive color scheme, the 200 EG backpack comfortably holds a dedicated shooter's needed gear for a daytrip hike. Constructed of waterproofed polyester & nylon, it is finished with a crosswoven fabric to ensure years of practical use.
Key Features
Lash tabs with straps on the sides to hold clothing or various other lightweight items
Two gusseted side pockets with velcro closures
Zippered fullsize front pocket with external flap zippered pocket
Keyring retainer inside exterior's main pocket
Comfortable waist strap, sternum strap & wicked mesh backing
Tripod straps on the pack's bottom

pestrada

Registered: Jun 23, 2003
Review Date: May 6, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $50.00 | Rating: 9

Pros: Fits a lot of gear for the size. Durable and well made. Lots of pockets and compartments. Great price.
Cons:
Maybe a little better padding for the shoulder straps.

I have traveled with this bag several times, half way around the world and it has not let me down. This bag has taken lots of gear "all at once". Example of what I've taken in a single trip: Canon dSLR, 70-200Lf4, 17-40L, 50 1.8, Canon 15x50IS binos, Olympus 5050 digicam, Canon Elura mini-DV, small laptop, Canon chargers, NIMH chargers, extra batteries, miniDV tapes, memory, filters, etc. As you can see, this bag will fit lots of gear and it handles the weight fine. If you have a lot of gear to carry, there are better more rugged bags but for 2 or 3 times the cost. This bag has proven to be great, even when I fully load it. I have yet to see a better bag for the money.

May 6, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add pestrada to your Buddy List
krieves

Registered: Apr 27, 2005
Review Date: May 6, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 9

Pros: Great price, good looks, lots of room
Cons:
I can't think of any.

This is really a great buy. During summer months I frequently ride my motorcycle to work so I needed a backpack that, not only would securely hold my camera gear, but also my MP3 player and other "work stuff".

This bag is perfect for me. It's just the right size for my 20D with the battery grip and the 28-135mm and the plenty of room for my 15-55mm, 75-300mm, 50mm prime, EX550 and there's still tons of room left over. It's deceptive in size. When I first got it I thought that it was just a little larger than my LowePro Nova 4. The Nova was completely full and no extra room. I was surprised when I started to move my gear from the Nova to the Canon that it held so much.

The only thing about the pack that could nit-pick about is the construction of the straps. They could be improved with better foam and material. They don't compare to my "real" backpacks from Lowe and The North Face, but the Canon is a fraction of the price.

I recommend the Canon bag - for the price, it's a steal.

May 6, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add krieves to your Buddy List
dtfromep

Registered: Mar 23, 2005
Review Date: May 4, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $40.00 | Rating: 9

Pros: Great backpack, holds plenty of gear and seems very durable.
Cons:
Straps are rather cheap, and bag is too 'small' to fit properly on my back (I am 6'4").

Got this to replace a thirty year old SLR bag, and am overall quite happy with it. Camera access is quick and easy, lots of options on this bag. One issue is the zipper getting stuck occasionally, but still a nice bag.

May 4, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add dtfromep to your Buddy List
fredschulz

Registered: Dec 5, 2004
Review Date: Apr 1, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $49.00 | Rating: 9

Pros: Price, Versatility everything in one sock and ready to go where you want to go.
Cons:
Can loose stuff out of outer side pockes

I absolutley love this bag. It holds all of my gear. (see profile for gear) I was able to configure it so that if my 20D fits with a 70-200 as well as having the 50mm on it. I just move a divider as needed up or down the middle compatment. I have even carried a monopod or my tripod on the outside of the bag by placing a leg in the side pocket and securing the upper part of the pod with the loop strap on the side. I also really like the outside rope like straps as it can be adjusted to hold my "mans" bag. It allows me to keep all my stuff in one sock.

Apr 1, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add fredschulz to your Buddy List
cmM.

Registered: May 6, 2004
Review Date: Mar 31, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $39.00 | Rating: 7

Pros: Size, weight, feel. Very smart design.
Cons:
a little small on the inside. Zipper sometimes gets stuck.

Given the amount of money this backpack costs, I have nothing but good things to say about it. It's quite compact, but I can fit a lot of stuff in there:
2 Canon bodies with battery grips, about 3-4 lenses, 2 550EX flashes, and whatever other accessories.
I'd gladly recommend it.

Mar 31, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add cmM. to your Buddy List
inaz4sun

Registered: Mar 7, 2005
Review Date: Mar 25, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 9

Pros: Price, space, extras, color
Cons:
None yet

This bag is perfect for me, it fits all of my gear which includes:
Canon Digital Rebel with battery grip attached, Tamron 28-75, Canon 18-55, Canon 70-200, Canon 420EX flash, Tokina 35-300, filters, remotes, and other assorted small accessories. I attach a tripod to the bottom of the pack straps, which works great. There are nice compartments that pad and seperate all your items and it contains extra outside pockets. Yet with all this, it is small, so you don't feel like you are hauling around a refrigerator on your back.

For the price, you can't really go wrong, unless you have a more than 4 or 5 lenses.

Mar 25, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add inaz4sun to your Buddy List
davidgibney

Registered: Jun 18, 2004
Review Date: Mar 22, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $49.00 | Rating: 9

Pros: Price, size
Cons:
Zippers are a little difficult sometimes

I got this bag a few weeks ago, and I am very satisfied with it so far. The only gripe I have is that when you open the main flap all the way the zippers kinda tuck themselves away, and it takes a little TLC to get them to come out again. Other than that, for $50 you can't beat it.

Mar 22, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add davidgibney to your Buddy List
SonicZoom

Registered: Mar 11, 2005
Review Date: Mar 18, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $50.00 | Rating: 9

Pros: Cheap, rugged
Cons:
side pockets nearly useless

I'm a young photographer, and my gear is starting to build up. It was a hassle to carry everything around seperately... and even though i don't have a lot of camera gear compared to the pros, this bag is perfect for the products i own.

Right now i'm fitting my Elan 7, 20D, flash, 3 lens (non-tele), and a range of filters. Definatly suits my needs perfectly, especially for the price!

Mar 18, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add SonicZoom to your Buddy List
JulianoL

Registered: Jul 9, 2004
Review Date: Mar 11, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $36.00 | Rating: 8

Pros: Cheap, tons of space
Cons:
Thin shoulder strap

I bought this backpack almost a year ago. The first thing I did was put a patch over the Canon logo. This is a great backpack. It's cheap and has lot of space (you can configure the inside to fit your gear). I cary my Digital Rebel + 18-55 + 50 + 70-200 + flash + ipod + charger + filters. When I travel it also has space for guide books and maps. The only downside is the shoulder strap. I just wish it had more padding (in the end of the day you will understand me).

Mar 11, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add JulianoL to your Buddy List
monty w42

Registered: Dec 30, 2004
Review Date: Mar 7, 2005 Recommend? no | Price paid: $50.00 | Rating: 6

Pros: This bag holds a lot of gear.
Cons:
Build quality is only so-so.

I have had this bag for about a year now. Maybe I tried to put too much gear into it, because the stitching is coming loose in two different places.

Mar 7, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add monty w42 to your Buddy List
tjrd

Registered: Dec 5, 2004
Review Date: Mar 2, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 8

Pros: Well padded, nice colors and design, plenty room for my equipment (20D, some lenses, 550EX flash, ST-E2, battery charger, white/grey card, manuals) Ok price
Cons:
Zippers hard to close after fully opened, loose straps for tripods, mine fell off once.

I first bought a Samsonite bag, but when I saw this beauty, I returned the Samsonite. It's a bit bigger and looks much better.
I came up with a solution for the thieve-sensitive Canon logo, I stitched some velcro on the sides of the logo and some velcro on a Zero (skateboard brand) patch. So when I'm somewhere risky, I attach the patch to the bag, and it's a Zero bag instantly. Wink

I just love the quick access of the bag.

Mar 2, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add tjrd to your Buddy List
Steph_

Registered: Sep 5, 2004
Review Date: Mar 1, 2005 Recommend? no | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 5

Pros: Nice size, not too big.
Cons:
Uncomfortable straps, difficult to zip and unzip, not enough padding for the camera, too tight a fit for my 20D. I just felt that this bag would not protect my gear and the zippers were annoying, I returned it.

It's okay if you're on a budget.

Mar 1, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add Steph_ to your Buddy List
imagician

Registered: Jan 16, 2004
Review Date: Feb 19, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $34.99 | Rating: 8

Pros: Roomy, functional, well made, attractive. Holds more stuff than my Tamrac System 7 (for less money!). Lots of pockets and niches for things. Can't beat the price!
Cons:
A little tight for my 300D with the battery grip. Flat pocket not large enough for 8-1/2 x 11 papers or 8x12 folders.

Wow, what a steal! More convenient and less obtrusive than a blocky gear bag (though admittedly harder to get into than my Tamrac). I put electrical tape over the Canon logo (Japanese for "Steal Me") until I can figure out what else to pin over the logo.

This bag is made of nice materials, sturdy, attractive and well proportioned. It easily holds my camera body with long lens, four additional lenses, charger and spares, and assorted claptrap that I couldn't get into my Tamrac. There are two flat pockets for papers, maps, even MORE claptrap, and then there is the shockcorded external open pocket which worked well with my water bottle.

The side pockets expand to hold a lot more than you'd think, though the flap is a primitive desgn that won't completely cover a chock full side pocket. (On a recent trip, though, it was able to completely cover a pocket with my cell phone, a reporters notebook, and several pens. But not much more.)

I would give it two gray marks: no well thought ouur scheme to mount a real tripod with 3-section aluminum legs, though easily capable of a lightweight travel tripod; and it should be 1/2" deeper to make the fit easier for a grip-equipped body.

For the money, though? What are you waiting for?

Feb 19, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add imagician to your Buddy List
alohateam

Registered: Nov 25, 2004
Review Date: Feb 6, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $50.00 | Rating: 8

Pros: Plenty of room someone like me, who's just starting out. I've got a 20D, 4 lenses, and a flash in the pack, and still have room for a couple more. Also, good value for the money, compared to the prices of some of the other back backpacks out there.
Cons:
For the price, nothing major. As I get more lenses, I'm sure I'll upgrade to a bigger, more expensive bag ... but then, this one will still work nicely as a day pack.

I was all ready to pay $100+ dollars for one of the "name brand" backpacks, then I decided to do one last google search, and found this one for $50 ... it's worked nicely for me so far.

Feb 6, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add alohateam to your Buddy List
Obake_

Registered: Dec 28, 2003
Review Date: Feb 3, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 7

Pros: The price is fantastic. Holds quite a lot.
Cons:
A bit smaller then i expected. Can be hard to zip up.

I had a look around and this looked like the best bag for the money. I ordered it through ebay so i couldn't try it first. Reviews said it was a small bag but big enough for a 'pro SLR' and a 2nd body with 3 lenses. Well its true, but its a TIGHT fit. My EOS 10D+grip just barely fits in the bag, and the zipper is hard to close. I've got pictures of what i have in the bag here:

It *does* hold a lot, but again its a tight fit, and it can be hard to zip up.

I would say this bag is moderately comfortable to carry as well. It comes with a waist strap as well as a chest strap (which i removed). It can carry it for a good while before the (thin) shoulder straps start to dig into my shoulder.

I would recommend to people who don't need to use the front compartment and won't be carrying for *long* hikes.

Feb 3, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add Obake_ to your Buddy List
coreypolis

Registered: Oct 30, 2004
Review Date: Feb 1, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $50.00 | Rating: 9

Pros: Small, well padded
Cons:
extra straps are worthless except for mabe a monopod, and the shoulder straps aren't well padded.

I've taken this skiing, hiking, biking etc and landed on it without any problems.

Feb 1, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add coreypolis to your Buddy List

Canon Deluxe Backpack 200 EG