Tamron 28-75MM F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF)

122 259450 Apr 24, 2015
8.7
2875mm

Di: Digitally Integrated Design, is a designation Tamron puts on lenses featuring optical systems designed to meet the performance characteristics of digital SLR cameras.

The most compact and lightest in the history of fast zoom lenses. Thanks to the revolutionary downsizing "XR" technology employed by Tamron in the development of high-power zoom lenses such as the 28-200mm and 28-300mm, the dramatic compactness that makes this lens the world's smallest and lightest is achieved. Its compactness makes it look and feel like an ordinary standard zoom lens, yet the versatility that a fast constant maximum aperture offers will definitely reshape your
photographic horizons.

Model A09
Lens Construction (Groups/Elements) 14/16
Angle of View 75-32
Type of Zooming Rotation
Diaphragm Blade Number 7
Minimum Aperture F/32
Minimum Focus 0.33m (13") (entire zoom range)
Macro Mag. Ratio 1:3.9 (at 75mm)
Filter Diameter 67

Page:  1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9

JCMILLAR

Registered: Feb 22, 2005
Review Date: Feb 22, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $500.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Excellent lens. Very very sharp and the colour is super. It is not light and not really heavy just enough weight to feel like quality. I ordered this lens and had to wait several weeks for delivery. In the interim I splurged and bought the EF 17-40 f4/ L. This was to replace the EF-S 28 - 55mm that came with my 20D. What a difference. I quickly got the " L " attitude. Love this lens. The Tamron is super just out of the box the sharpness of the image and the colour jumps out. It certainly has a place in the bag with " L " Glass. It is well built has a nice weight and good balance on the 20D.
Cons:
None to date

I did a lot or reading before buying my 20D and passed the Rebel knowing something better was on the way. I love everything about the 20D. The EF-S 28 - 55 mm lens that comes with the camera is another story. I am glad I never paid extra for the EF-S 28 - 75 mm.
I bought this lens as a replacement for the EF-S after reading all the reviews on the other Tamron 28-75 mm lens at this my favorite site. Perfection.
While I waited for this lens I splurged and bought the EF 17-40 f/4 L,USM and have used it for three weeks. Great lens.
If you buy this Tamron you will also have a great lens.
The build and over all quality of the " L " glass is the greatest. You get what you pay for. This Tamron is a bargain get one, you will be a happy camper.
Now I ponder between the Sigma and the EF 70-200 f/2.8 L, USM. Is the Canon worth the money. To date my marketing search and information from people like you all, have be convinced that it is.
As I have learned here and there any lens with a 4 rating or better is sure to satisify the amature who wants to be a pro.
Thank you all for your help. For the low price of this Tamron you need to get one, it is a new class way above the EF-S crap that Canon is putting out. Just my opinion.

Feb 22, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add JCMILLAR to your Buddy List
onurka

Registered: Jan 22, 2005
Location: Turkey
Review Date: Jan 22, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $450.00 | Rating: 9

Pros: F2.8, Accurate and contrast colors, built quality, sharpness even at F2.8
Cons:
Focusing can be hard sometimes when compared to a Nikon AFS. This must be one of the important reasons of the great price difference.

I think this lens is the best deal among its opponents. I use this lens with my D70 and I am pretty happy with it. In my opinion, only better choice is Nikon 28-70mm F2.8 AFS if you can pay X2.5 of its price. Much better than Sigma version.

Jan 22, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add onurka to your Buddy List

Tamron 28-75MM F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF)

122 259450 Apr 24, 2015