Nikon 60mm f/2.8D AF Micro-Nikkor

25 99167 Jul 15, 2013
1987NCP_180

Medium telephoto Micro lens for portrait and other high magnification close-up applications
Provides extra working distance for elusive subjects or ones requiring supplemental illumination
Continuous focusing from infinity to life-size (1:1)

f/Stop Range 2.8-32
Minimum Focus Distance 0.72' (0.22m)
Magnification 1:1
Angle of View 39
Length 2.9" (7.4cm)
Maximum Diameter 2.8" (7.1cm)
Weight Approx. 15.5 oz (440 g)
Usable Nikon Teleconverter TC-201 or TC-14a (manual focus only)

Page:  1 · 2

benpaul67

Registered: May 29, 2005
Review Date: Jun 8, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $400.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Miracle Lens
Cons:
Hard to focus manually

Hey all,
I just bought this lens for my EOS XT, but I just found out canon has a 60 macro now too. Will there be no difference between the two? Should I buy the Canon macro and return this lens? I don't want to lose sharpness in the trade though. This lens used to be my Kodachrome 25 lens. I can only use manual focus on the XT. I don't trust AF still, but I really need a focusing screen with this lens, but that is not an option on the XT. I don't see how Canon can equal this lens's sharpness, or improve upon it, so I'm skeptical.
I could use a reply soon, thanks.

Jun 8, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add benpaul67 to your Buddy List
Daron Shade

Registered: Oct 30, 2004
Review Date: Mar 22, 2005 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $400.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: This is the sharpest lens I own -- probably the sharpest lens anyone owns. Great flat-field Macro for up to 1:1, in a light weight relatively fast f/2.8 Recessed front element is well protected and shaded Nice feeling focus
Cons:
Relatively large for an f/2.8 long normal... Slow focusing compared to non-macro lenses Annoying AF/MF switch that requires you to switch on both the lens and the body.

If you own Nikon and desire sharp images, this is a must-own lens. I have a very early copy and it's been a workhorse in my system since the early 90's. It's outlasted almost everything in my bag and still takes tack sharp images....

Mar 22, 2005
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add Daron Shade to your Buddy List
crabtreec

Registered: Nov 19, 2004
Review Date: Nov 21, 2004 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $500.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Sharp, decent AF, big manual focus ring.
Cons:
Awkward AF to M switch.

The more I use this lens, the more I want to use this lens - this must be one of the best signs of a great lens.

Nov 21, 2004
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add crabtreec to your Buddy List
yurasocolov

Registered: Oct 21, 2004
Review Date: Nov 13, 2004 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $450.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Sharp, sharp, sharp, image is crisp and clear. Decent AF.
Cons:
None whatsoever.

I use it as my everyday universal lens 50% of the time. Incredible for macro shots, although sometimes i wish i had something like 105mm.

Reasonable AF, although it may hunt too long, especially in low light, but the manual focus works just fine.

The only semi-complaint would be a not very beautiful bokeh, but i can live with that.

Nov 13, 2004
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add yurasocolov to your Buddy List
Unregistered
Review Date: Apr 15, 2004 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $600.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Extreamly Sharp, reasonable auto-focus speed, very compact and easy to use. Good Contrast / Color
Cons:
Don't have any!

I had this lens for about 9 months or so. Combin it with the Fuji S2, it is simply perfect. I use it for most of my shouder-head shots (Portrait), and they all turn up very good. I also shot head shots with it as well. However, I hardly acutlly use it as a macro lens.

Apr 15, 2004
Edit/Delete Message
JimS

Registered: Jan 19, 2003
Review Date: Jan 13, 2004 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $420.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: I can't imagine a sharper lens. With good light, it's scary what kind of detail this lens can find. The optics are really well recessed into the barrel...this is a great feature when you have a dog that likes to slurp the camera when you kneel to take a photo of her.
Cons:
It's nitpicky, but it's the only lens I have with a 62mm filter size .

This is just an all around nice lens.

Jan 13, 2004
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add JimS to your Buddy List
Jacques G

Registered: Aug 19, 2002
Review Date: Sep 5, 2003 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $575.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Sharpness beyond every other lens I own (mostly zooms : 17-35, 35-70 80-200 Nikons) or have owned ( Olympus, Tamron, Vivitar, Sigma, etc). Nice finish - a pro lens in every respect. Good manual focus function.
Cons:
?

A great buy, 90 mm equivalent (35mm terms) on a S2 or D100. Could be used as portrait lens (some gaussian blur needed!).
Used it to photograph alimentary products and obtained crisp and detailed files.
Probably not a good choice for someone who photographs dragonflies or other invertebrates, because lens is too close to subject.
At that price, considering Photodo rating, it's a bargain!

Sep 5, 2003
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add Jacques G to your Buddy List
dobrodude

Registered: Aug 26, 2002
Review Date: May 30, 2003 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $340.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: sharp, crisp color rendition, close, close focusing, 90mm on nikon dslr
Cons:

This has become my new "favorite" lens on my Fuji dslr. It's sharp versatile, has excellent color rendition... macro is incredible...and best of all, it's now a fine portrait lens with macro-ability(?) !!!
It's the lens that usually lives on my camera while I'm walking point a-b, driving or hiking. It's size and weight are perfect for on camera hiking and general hoofing around the city or backcountry.
Get one and see for yourself.

May 30, 2003
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add dobrodude to your Buddy List
erikff

Registered: Sep 8, 2002
Review Date: Mar 30, 2003 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 10

Pros: Incredibly Sharp
Cons:

I found my 60mm f/2.8 AF Micro Nikkor at a second hand shop for $20-00 in immaculate condition! This is an incredible macro lens that I use for macro, portrait and product shoots. I would recommend this lens to anyone in the market for an affordable (especially in my case) macro lens.

Mar 30, 2003
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add erikff to your Buddy List

Nikon 60mm f/2.8D AF Micro-Nikkor