Nikon D750

EXPEED 4 image processor
ISO from 100 to 12,800 with extensions to 50 and up to 51,200
6.5 fps continuous-mode speed at full resolution
1080p movies with uncompressed HDMI output
Updated 51-point AF system with 15 cross-type sensor (f/8 supported by 11 sensors; -3 EV sensitivity)
3.2-inch, 1,229K pixel LCD with 170 degree viewing
Selectable 14- or 12-bit digitization
Dual SD slots with UHS support
Built-in Wi-Fi

Mark95841

Registered: Sep 24, 2012
Review Date: Aug 15, 2015 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $1,999.00 | Rating: 9

Pros: Light weight, focus ability, Image quality, fps and articulating lcd.
Cons:
a bit slow for buffer to clear

I've had the D750 for a few weeks with 300 shots or more now. I read many reviews before purchasing. In spite of the price drop I really didn't want to pay almost two grand especially when I could get a refurbished D610 for $1,200. Which I did purchase about six weeks ago. Well the third time I took the D610 out, it's almost refurbished state made itself apparent with some strange behavior and I sent it back after 3 weeks. I begrudging purchased the D750 the same day I got back with the D610's quirky behavior. I have now over 300 actuations and have used it numerous times. Many things about the D750 were apparent immediately with its first use. The weight was close to the D610 but its weight seemed a bit shifted from the D610, not a bad thing but immediately apparent. The grip as well was immediately apparent and took me a few times to get accustomed but I do enjoy the deeper grip over the D610 now. The 51 focus points compared to the 39 of the D610 was also apparent after only a few shots. It reminded me of when I switched from Nikons D7000 and 39 focus points to the D7100 and its 51 focus points. It doesn't seem like a huge difference but the exposures where better and the quickness of focusing was also very apparent. The ability to bracket with more than 3 exposures, faster fps, pull out LCD for lower shots and the all-around improved ability of the D750 has made it a wise choice for me. And I know I haven't even gotten into all the new features this camera provides yet. I have had the D800 before as well which was a very solid camera but I don't feel I need the extra pixels, the weight and extra thousand dollars are also just not worth purchasing a D810 plus the noise was more apparent at lower ISO's then the D750. This D750 is a camera I should have around for a long time.
One more topic I wanted to bring up. The choice between the D7200 and the D750. I have had the D7100 but never the D7200. My thought is all the 24mp cameras that Nikon or Sony have brought out are never going to be noise free above 500 ISO. I have used the D5500, D5300 and the D7100. I have the misfortune of being very particular when it comes to noise in an image. And I personally don't find any of Nikons 24MP cropped sensor camera's acceptable as soon as they reach ISO 400- 500. I have looked at these three cameras again and again up close with different ISOs and when they approach 400-500 ISO mark, noise is going to start to detract from the acuity the 24MP provides. It's unavoidable and not acceptable for my taste and photography. I am sure this offends those shooting one of these 24MP cropped sensor cameras. Thatís not my intention but just what I personally perceive myself. Years ago I went from my beloved D7000 to the new D7100 and the noise level was the same back then and in my eyes it hasn't improved much in the D5300 or the D5500. And from what I have seen the D5500 image quality is reportedly very close to the D7200. I shoot raw by the way. It's something that has bothered me since the D7100 has come out and Sony has crammed all those pixels onto the cropped sensor. I kept thinking after the D7100, the technology would get better and the noise would drop down substantially but in my eyes it hasn't been much of an improvement and that alone has pushed me over to Nikons' full frame cameras which are amazing when it comes to the noise floor. If you disagree please don't get mad at me it's just my perception. I am sure there are many many Nikon 24MP camera owners that have no issues with the IQ or noise. Concerning Nikons D750, itís a very good camera with a lot of great qualities and its IQ being fantastic!

Aug 15, 2015
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add Mark95841 to your Buddy List
fdevyatkin

Registered: Feb 11, 2009
Review Date: Jul 18, 2015 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $1,997.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Clean, detailed files. Fast, accurate AF. Light, compact body with FX sensor.
Cons:

I shoot birds, sports, and portraits. Went from d700 to d800, enjoyed the added resolution, but not sure it was really an upgrade otherwise. d700 tough act to follow, d800 a little slow.
D750 best of both worlds. Faster than the d700, plenty of resolution, lighter than either, AF puts both to shame, and the low light performance is breathtaking.
Nikon hit it out of the park.

Jul 18, 2015
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add fdevyatkin to your Buddy List
Mond

Registered: Jul 6, 2012
Review Date: Apr 3, 2015 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 10

Pros: Smaller, lighter, excellent image quality, tilting screen
Cons:

After several DX models my introduction to full-frame photography with a Nikon D610 convinced me that this was the way to go. But good as it is, the D610 is still an entry level camera and lacks some of the build quality and functionality of the higher end models. The D810 on the other hand is built like a brick but is awkward to handle and eats memory cards, and who wants to lug a brick around all day?

This is my seventh DSLR and one that is shaping up to become a keeper.

Apr 3, 2015
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add Mond to your Buddy List
josiahkim

Registered: Jun 30, 2014
Review Date: Jan 11, 2015 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $2,000.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: compact, great autofocus down to -3ev, light weight, great dynamic range, deep grip, full customization of buttons, relatively quiet shutter, very nice video features, built in wi-fi, swiveling lcd.
Cons:
Button layout is not "pro," grip is narrow and can become uncomfortable in long use, may have dark banding flare issues, poor wi-fi software.

Let's face it, Nikon will never release a true successor to the D700. However, the 750 does a lot of things that the 700 could never dream of, so as sad as it is, I think Nikon will try to do as much as they can not to cannibalize their own sales.

As a D800 user, I was thrilled at how light it feels. However, at the same time, it had a cheaper feeling to it, but it's certainly a solidly built product. The overall ergonomics feel much better than the D800, in my opinion, due to the deep grip. I only wish they made the grip a little thicker. When you grip it tightly, you can feel most of the muscles strain at your finger tips rather than spread out. The swiveling lcd is a welcome feature in the full frame world.

One of the most exciting features for me was the focusing engine. It's definitely a smaller area than the D800, but it's definitely able to handle low light and action situations noticeably better. To me, this was one feature that made me want to downgrade to the 750.

I was expecting the shutter sounds to be quite loud. But compared to the D800 it's about half as loud. I've never heard the D810 shutter, but I'm very pleased with the shutter sounds in the 750.

Once I customized some of the buttons, I didn't miss the "pro" layout as much. I could press the record button as my iso and not be looking for it with my other hand. I'm still fiddling with what works best, but it's nice that Nikon has put a lot into the software.

Overall, the image quality is what you expect from all the recent Nikon bodies. It's excellent.

I also like that Nikon decided to go with 2 SD slots. I'm not so wild about CF cards, as they're big and expensive, and SD cards have been getting faster and cheaper by the day.

I think I'll be sticking with the D750 for a long time. I've been through several bodies throughout the year and although I realized at the end of the day that getting better technology doesn't help me take better pictures, the D750 has all the latest tech and then some to carry me for a while.

Jan 11, 2015
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add josiahkim to your Buddy List
golden1245

Registered: May 25, 2006
Review Date: Dec 29, 2014 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $2,296.00 | Rating: 9

Pros: Very good dynamic range, excellent landscape camera, good portraits although Nikon's colors curve take little getting used too (colors are overly red sometimes and often too realistic and high def). Well built and possesses a very strong body that is lighter than the competition. insane high ISO performance! feature rich.
Cons:
None except the flare issue that arises in some D750s

I wrote a more in depth review with a lot of example photos. This re view might come in handy for someone who is a long time canon user but is just switching to Nikon. (that's who I was) All the buzz about this camera made me really curious and I'm happy that I made the switch.

Dec 29, 2014
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add golden1245 to your Buddy List

Nikon D750