Nikon 20mm f/1.8G ED AF-S Nikkor

Focal Length: 20mm
APS Equivalent: 30mm
Max Aperture: /1.8
Min Aperture: /16
Diaphragm Blades: 7 (rounded)
Lens Construction: 13 elements in 11 groups, including 2 apherical and 2 ED elements; Nano Crystal Coat; Super Integrated Coating
Diagonal Angle of View
(Based on image circle): 94 degrees
Focus Details: AF-S with internal focusing
Front Element Rotation: No
Zoom System: n/a
Closest Focus: 20cm / 7.9 in.
Magnification Ratio: 0.23x / 1:4.3
Dimensions
(Length x Diameter): 80.5mm x 82.5mm / 3.17 in. x 3.25 in.
Weight: 355g / 12.5 oz

agrumpyoldsod

Registered: Apr 23, 2017
Review Date: May 6, 2017 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 10

Pros: Size, weight and sharpness
Cons:

I have used 20mm lenses for landscape for years and the f/1.8 is a great one, particularly when you take into account its price.

The lens is super sharp upto f/14. I shoot Landscapes at f/11 so perfect for me. It is also my no-one walk about lens on a stripped down D810.

The Nikon 24mm/1.8G is said to be sharper, it is, but the field of view is simply not as appealing for me.

The much larger, heavier and more expensive Sigma Art 20mm f/1.4 is wonderful, but so much more lens.

May 6, 2017
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add agrumpyoldsod to your Buddy List
incrediblehark

Registered: Nov 6, 2014
Review Date: Oct 13, 2015 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 9

Pros: Sharp, Great Global Contrast, Nice Colours, Good AF, Light, Amazing Flare Resistance, Etc...
Cons:
Plastic Build Quality, Corners Aren't Perfect

This is by far the best wide angle lens for the price point. The global contrast and colours are excellent. It's sharp in the center, but unfortunately it isn't as good as my 14-24 in the corners. It has excellent flare resistance and I'm not afraid to shoot with the sun in the frame.

What I don't like is the corner performance. I thought the corners of this lens would be better than my 14-24, unfortunately they're not. However, they are better than all the previous 20mm lenses Nikon has made, which is a good thing.

I bought this lens to use with the sun in the frame for landscapes, it's excellent in this regard.

I do recommend this lens, especially for the price point.

Oct 13, 2015
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add incrediblehark to your Buddy List
jonasflem

Registered: Jan 19, 2015
Review Date: Jan 21, 2015 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $790.00 | Rating: 9

Pros: nice bokeh, fast autofocus (reliable) and lightweight
Cons:

If you are looking for a lens in this focal length, you will not be disappointed with this one.
Have been enjoying this lens since I bought it two weeks ago. It's sharp at 2.8 on my D600, tack sharp at F 4.

Lighter and easier to carry around than my 16-35, it's a keeper.

Example 1