Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM

177 360720 Jun 11, 2017
1ef200mmf_28_1_1_

Telephoto lens boasting high image quality and carrying ease. With two UD-glass elements and rear focusing to correct aberrations, image delineation is extremely sharp. Background blur is also natural-looking, as was simulated by Canon. The lens comes with a dedicated, detachable hood.

whitees

Registered: Jun 11, 2017
Review Date: Jun 11, 2017 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 10

Pros:
Cons:

Happy to join your community. This product is great i like it.

Jun 11, 2017
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add whitees to your Buddy List
KarlaB

Registered: Jan 23, 2017
Review Date: Jun 7, 2017 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 9

Pros:
Cons:

It's really cool device, i recommending it to evrybody
ip 192.168.1.1 - https://routerlogin.pro/192-168-1-1/

Jun 7, 2017
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add KarlaB to your Buddy List
NikhilSingh

Registered: Jun 7, 2017
Location: Qatar
Review Date: Jun 7, 2017 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 10

Pros: Best Camera Ever
Cons:

I am utilizing it with a D800 and 800E so obviously much faster speeds are constantly much better, but the VR seems as good as any of my other lens. I also have the 300mm 2.8 VR along with the 500mm f4 VR both which I think about to be exceptional to utilize as a contrast. The 300 f4 E PF is a very great lens, exactly what I was searching for. It's so lightweight I was surprised when I first used it. It is a really sharp lens and in my viewpoint equivalent with the 300mm f2.8 and 500mm f4.
For any purpose you can use it ...as it's up to you

Jun 7, 2017
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add NikhilSingh to your Buddy List
mali1985

Registered: May 15, 2017
Review Date: May 15, 2017 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 6

Pros: goood job!
Cons:

Hello!
Glad to join your community, thank you guys for a useful and interesting site!

May 15, 2017
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add mali1985 to your Buddy List
infiniti

Registered: Apr 17, 2017
Review Date: Apr 27, 2017 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 7

Pros:
Cons:

Nothing to add, completely agree with people who appreciated this product before me, uniquely hype their money

Apr 27, 2017
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add infiniti to your Buddy List
nidivivi

Registered: Apr 12, 2017
Review Date: Apr 12, 2017 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 8

Pros: Great!

Great product, like it!

Apr 12, 2017
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add nidivivi to your Buddy List
roxychan

Registered: Apr 10, 2017
Location: India
Review Date: Apr 10, 2017 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 2

Pros: Good
Cons:
bad
Apr 10, 2017
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add roxychan to your Buddy List
montysharma

Registered: Apr 2, 2017
Location: India
Review Date: Apr 2, 2017 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $21.00 | Rating: 6

Pros: Nice
Cons:

Nice one.
Must buy this product as per my choice.
At last do what you want to.

Apr 2, 2017
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add montysharma to your Buddy List
next390

Registered: Nov 23, 2016
Review Date: Nov 23, 2016 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated

Pros:
Cons:
Heavy.

I liked this lens. I bought it recently. While happy with everything.
But overall I'm satisfied.

Nov 23, 2016
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add next390 to your Buddy List
vivianchen

Registered: Oct 30, 2015
Review Date: Oct 30, 2015 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $950.00 | Rating: 9

Pros: Unparalleled image quality, 4 stops rated/5 stops effective IS, lightning fast AF
Cons:
Need to find your own perfect lens cap!

It produces an image with a DOF+compression effect that is a bit more than the 85L does @ f/1.2 but the image quality is better than the 85 @ 5.6!

Add to that lightning fast and accurate AF and unbelievable IS and this is the most handholdable lens that Canon has at the moment (ignoring shutter speed)!

This thing outresolves the 40D's 10MP APS-C sensor wide open! I can't see any improvement in sharpness all the way up to f/5.6! It's also sharper than the 70-200 f4 IS, both wide open.

I gave a 9 for construction because I honestly think that Canon could've used a better material for focusing rings of their top lenses. Apart from that, it's every bit as good as pro lenses get.

I have the 85LII which I use for pretty much everything and I'd use this 200 f2 IS as a replacement whenever I'm allowed the increased distance to the subject.

http://www.hitsticker.com | http://www.printradiant.com | http://www.adstateagent.com

Oct 30, 2015
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add vivianchen to your Buddy List
CarteB

Registered: Dec 24, 2014
Review Date: Dec 24, 2014 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $670.00 | Rating: 9

Pros: Sharp, lovely background blur, size
Cons:
Nothing serious.

I shoot with a Canon 6D and this is a very nice lens indeed. Sharper than the 24-105 at any of its focal lengths or apertures, not quite as sharp as the 24-70 f2.8 mkii in the centre. Certainly sharper than the 15-85 if you are using a crop sensor. Very good at f2.8 and excellent at f4-f8, but keep the shutter speed up. I try to keep it at 1/500+, the higher the better. This might mean raising the ISO or staying at f2.8. Immediately after buying the lens, I didn't really understand the great reviews but I saw the light when I started shooting at 1/640. Made all the difference. I get some sharp shots at 1/250, but inconsistently. Still get the occasional unfocused image from camera shake at even very high speeds, like 1/2000, so take a few extra shots; don't rely on that one quickie. Interestingly, the 135mm f2 is easier (more consistent) for me to hand hold at lower shutter speeds,and it's only a little shorter. That 200mm length seems to be the threshold for me, at which either my technique or general steadiness begin to have a significant impact on hand-held shots. I tried a monopod but no better. Keep your elbows tucked in and always be aware of the shutter speed. During the day it is not at all difficult to keep that shutter speed up, especially with a full frame that handles, say, ISO 400 very well. And then this is a really good lens. And much less intrusive than the 70-200s. But stabilisation is wonderful.

Dec 24, 2014
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add CarteB to your Buddy List
ScottUmstattd

Registered: Oct 16, 2014
Location: Mexico
Review Date: Oct 28, 2014 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $750.00 | Rating: 9

Pros: Excellent color and image. 200mm without being too big. Excellent color and image! Not white.
Cons:
It doesn't make coffee.

After my Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 broke, I was in the market for a replacement. While considering options, I thought to myself that most of the time I was pushing my 70-200 all the way to 200 (and wishing I had more). I wanted to see what all the fuss was about Canon L glass but there was no way I was going to pay for and carry around the Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L. The Canon 200mm f/2.8L was my first L series lens.

I miss being able to zoom, but this is the case with every prime I have. But it's easy to make the adjustment by foot most of the time.

I primarily use this lens for landscape, portrait and event pictures. It is definitely not a walk-around lens because of it's focal length. But, when you know how to use it, it can make for an interesting lens to tackle street photography.

It's a great lens and the price I paid was fair.

You can read my full review (with pictures) http://www.picture-power.com/canon-lens-reviews-canon-ef-200mm-f-2-8L.html

Oct 28, 2014
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add ScottUmstattd to your Buddy List
Soulphoto2014

Registered: Sep 3, 2014
Review Date: Sep 3, 2014 Recommend? no | Price paid: $750.00 | Rating: 8

Pros: Razorsharp, superbokeh, fast AF
Cons:
No IS and unhandy focal length (too long, you have to backup too much, 135L is better and also long)

Perfect optics, pictures can be published in a magazine without PP direct out of the lens. But it's too long, you have too back up too much, I recommend the 135L or 70-200 2.8L II instead. Ended op selling it.

Sep 3, 2014
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add Soulphoto2014 to your Buddy List
Stephen Cooper

Registered: Jan 14, 2007
Review Date: May 22, 2013 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 10

Pros: Light, sharp, fast
Cons:
Pricey tripod adaptor as an option, hood is a bit awkward

This was one of two lenses that I had wanted for a while (the other being the EF135 f/2 L). Whilst I have the focal length covered with my 70-200 I still was interested.

In terms of speed and focusing it's great also being lightweight and portable it's not that noticeable carrying as a 2nd or 3rd lens.

Price paid was 629 (website only seems to work with $) but it was worth it - I'm still looking to build up my prime collection with the 135, but that can wait a while.

May 22, 2013
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add Stephen Cooper to your Buddy List
maddog76

Registered: Oct 11, 2008
Review Date: Dec 23, 2012 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 10

Pros: Fast and accurate focusing. Sharp wide open, not white.
Cons:

Have been using this lens from the start of the summer til now.

Have used it indoors taking sports pics, and outdoor / indoor for long wedding shots.

This lens completey blows away my canon 'L' zooms. Cannot find one single fault.

This will be the start of my conversion to primes from zooms.

Dec 23, 2012
View profile View recent posts View reviews Add maddog76 to your Buddy List
oldshutterhand

Registered: Jan 24, 2012
Location: Hungary
Review Date: Oct 28, 2012 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 10

Pros: Compact size, fantastic picture quality, very precise, and fast autofocus
Cons:
manual focus can be little bit more easy to turn

Since my first review I got an 1.4 Kenko dgx converter. I use the lens now without converter, with an 1.4X, with a 2X, and with two converters stacked. Whopping 560mm focal length with still acceptable, and sometimes surprisingly good results. With an 1.4 Kenko dgx the results are very good even wide open at f4, with a 2x good at f8, with the two converters stacked I use at f9 sometimes, or shutter priority from 1/1000 sec. I have the MK I version I prefer the built in hood.See my review and sample pictures with all combination in my website:

Oct 28, 2012
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add oldshutterhand to your Buddy List

Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM