What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?
/forum/topic/982966/187

1       2       3              187      
188
       189              267       268       end

twoeye
Registered: Jan 14, 2011
Total Posts: 749
Country: Norway

A near mint Contax Vario-Sonnar 80-200mm f/4 is on its way.

I got a Mutar I 2x for almost nothing with it, so even if Zeiss does not recommend the combination I will see how it works...



carstenw
Registered: Dec 26, 2005
Total Posts: 16163
Country: Germany

The 80-200/4 is really nice, but wide open it isn't the sharpest. Sharp enough, but not comparable to newer stuff. I can imagine that the mutar would push it over the edge.



molson
Registered: Oct 30, 2002
Total Posts: 13055
Country: Canada

freaklikeme wrote:
^^^ That's quite a hunk of glass, yurihuta. I've seen some stunning images taken with it. Can you explain how you'll get AF with the converter?


The elements in the converter move to adjust the focus. With most lenses it helps if you manually focus to get it in the ballpark first, and then the converter takes it from there.



freaklikeme
Registered: Apr 08, 2005
Total Posts: 7223
Country: United States

molson wrote:
freaklikeme wrote:
^^^ That's quite a hunk of glass, yurihuta. I've seen some stunning images taken with it. Can you explain how you'll get AF with the converter?


The elements in the converter move to adjust the focus. With most lenses it helps if you manually focus to get it in the ballpark first, and then the converter takes it from there.


Ah, thank you. I am AF Nikon ignorant, but less so now.



Shuko
Registered: Mar 09, 2008
Total Posts: 411
Country: Finland

I saw a ZE 100/2 MP in perfect mint (barely even unpacked) offered at 70% of price of a brand new one. I just couldn't stop myself as it's one of my favorite lenses (owned one years ago). Works on A7r as well as it did on 1Ds2, actually, even better with the MF-assist.



Heavenhated
Registered: Oct 11, 2006
Total Posts: 737
Country: India

Just got the zeiss 135 APO delivered. Oh my god...this is a great piece of glass and a huge one. Dont even think of getting if size is your enemy.

The minuses-

Heavy, long, slow MF(yeah slow MF)..yeah pretty much thats all.

Pluses.

Absolutely stunning images at F2, super close focus for this FL and with an extension tube just makes it half macro )

Superb colors and unbelievable contrast right out.

Who will love this lens- Portrait photographers and street in a way for its gives you that distance to work with.....thats my take ..pictures soon



molson
Registered: Oct 30, 2002
Total Posts: 13055
Country: Canada

freaklikeme wrote:
molson wrote:
freaklikeme wrote:
^^^ That's quite a hunk of glass, yurihuta. I've seen some stunning images taken with it. Can you explain how you'll get AF with the converter?


The elements in the converter move to adjust the focus. With most lenses it helps if you manually focus to get it in the ballpark first, and then the converter takes it from there.


Ah, thank you. I am AF Nikon ignorant, but less so now.


It's an old product, from back when Nikon first started selling AF cameras but didn't have many AF lenses.



mogud
Registered: Feb 13, 2011
Total Posts: 1825
Country: Canada

Heavenhated wrote:
Just got the zeiss 135 APO delivered. Oh my god...this is a great piece of glass and a huge one. Dont even think of getting if size is your enemy.

The minuses-

Heavy, long, slow MF(yeah slow MF)..yeah pretty much thats all.

Pluses.

Absolutely stunning images at F2, super close focus for this FL and with an extension tube just makes it half macro )

Superb colors and unbelievable contrast right out.

Who will love this lens- Portrait photographers and street in a way for its gives you that distance to work with.....thats my take ..pictures soon


Great piece of Zeiss glass. It's on my "must buy" list for next year. Enjoy!!



mogud
Registered: Feb 13, 2011
Total Posts: 1825
Country: Canada

Just bought the Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art lens. This is my first Sigma. Intial testing revealed that it is very sharp and contrasty. I have to say that while the lens is sharp, it is not an Otus 55.

Focus is very spot on with current Canon bodies. However, inconsistent with my 1Ds iii. I think I'll keep it.



LightShow
Registered: Aug 03, 2009
Total Posts: 5889
Country: Canada

Just bought this nice Fujinon L 50/2 LTM.





Sellers pic.


molson
Registered: Oct 30, 2002
Total Posts: 13055
Country: Canada

LightShow wrote:
Just bought this nice Fujinon L 50/2 LTM.





Sellers pic.

I guess now we know where Canon got the idea for the red "L" from...


LightShow
Registered: Aug 03, 2009
Total Posts: 5889
Country: Canada

Could be.



molson
Registered: Oct 30, 2002
Total Posts: 13055
Country: Canada

Picked up a Contax Vario-Sonnar 100-300mm f4.5-5.6 MMJ this morning.



LightShow
Registered: Aug 03, 2009
Total Posts: 5889
Country: Canada

Leitz Photar 50/2.8
S-M-C 50/4 macro



alarmchrono
Registered: Dec 14, 2013
Total Posts: 19
Country: Germany

I received my C/Y Zeiss 28/2.8 Distagon (MMJ) few days ago. The results on my A7 are great so far.



CalBoy87
Registered: Oct 05, 2009
Total Posts: 639
Country: Korea, South

Last couple months I've been selling my all Canon gear, still left with 100MP and 135APO (if anybody interested) and getting few of the older Canon FD and others. So, FD 55/1.2 SSC, Pentax K 50/1.2 SMC, C/Y Sonnar 135/2.8, FD 24/2.0, Pentax K 135/2.5, Ai 50/1.2, Ai 105/2.5 came and went, now I got FD 20/2.8, FD 50/1.2L, FD 50/3.5 Macro, FD 85/1.2L, FD 135/2.8 and Ai 200/4. As I used to have similar set in EF L editions, I am really surprised how much fan I am having with those old and cheap (well, most of them, although even the superfast L FD primes are still much cheaper then EF) glass.



jcolwell
Registered: Feb 10, 2005
Total Posts: 28230
Country: Canada

Leica Elmarit R 90mm f/2.8 E55 3-cam.

I'll post some photos when it arrives in a couple of weeks.



Dave_EP
Registered: May 13, 2010
Total Posts: 1545
Country: United Kingdom

Perhaps really boring..... Lumix 12-35 f2.8. Just needed a standard zoom for micro four thirds....



SoulNibbler
Registered: Oct 12, 2012
Total Posts: 347
Country: Austria

Arg... Techart v3 AF G adapter and a contax 90mm G and 35mm G.
I needed another 35mm like I need a perforated colon but it was surprisingly nice wide open in the shop and I know my dealer has been trying to move it for 3-5mo. and he made me a nice deal on the pair. The adapter spazzes occasionally with the 90mm which is frustrating. Still the purple fringing on the 90mm is quite reduced compared to the Xpan 90mm and flare is also well controlled.



roger lund
Registered: Sep 13, 2006
Total Posts: 989
Country: United States

Jupiter 8 50mm.

I like chrome lenses. 😃



1       2       3              187      
188
       189              267       268       end