What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?
/forum/topic/982966/179

1       2       3              179      
       181       182       end

solarwar
Total Posts: 29

I'm currently in love with my recently purchased CZJ

Abuttolph
Total Posts: 48

I've Been hooked on CZ since the very first photo that I shot with a C/Y 35mm f2.8 last year. Just this week added the 21mm f2.8 zf.2 and the 28mm f2 zf.2. Just remarkable.

Alpha_Geist
Total Posts: 314

Sold my Sony a7 a day ago and picked up the Sigma 35/1.4 Art (nikon mount).

All I need now is a Nikon DSLR (again). Ha!

Oh, and Jim/jcolwell, I'm saving the 90 cron-M for the next Sony FF mirrorless iteration (a8(r/s) etc.) to use the 90 on. Just might have to go back to the Fuji 60 for equiv 90 FOV.

Two23
Total Posts: 3377

I recently got my c.1895 Darlot meniscus lens back from SK Grimes. It's a 2-inch focus, f11 with wheel stops. I get really cool soft images from it. It's on the left, mounted on D5100. In the center on my D7100 is a Darlot Petzval f4, 3 inch focus, made in the 1870s. On the right is Annie cat.

Kent in SD

nehemiahphoto
Total Posts: 100

Canon FD 85 1.2. What a BEAST.

Two23
Total Posts: 3377

Oh yeah, three weeks ago I bought a c.1910 Velostigmat f4.5, 5 inch lens, in Volute shutter, for my c.1905 Century Camera No.46. Afer 110 years, I finally decided to upgrade from the kit lens.

Kent in SD

Jman13
Total Posts: 10313

My A6000:

freaklikeme
Total Posts: 5532

nehemiahphoto wrote:

But worth it!

solarwar

nehemiahphoto wrote:

has anyone shot with the FD 1.2 and the EF 1.2? I'm curious to know the difference in the rendering? I think the SSC FD version is supposed to be pretty legendary.

Chrissearle
Total Posts: 225

Just bought myself a Samyang 14mm on a whim. Not an easy lens to use... focussing pure guess work ( I'm getting better) but capable of reasonable to good results if the subject is chosen carefully. I need to recalibrate the focussing scale, theres a youtube video explaining how to do it which I stumbled across and did not bookmark ( D'oh!). Worth the money definitely.

LightShow
Total Posts: 4894

solarwar wrote:
nehemiahphoto wrote:

has anyone shot with the FD 1.2 and the EF 1.2? I'm curious to know the difference in the rendering? I think the SSC FD version is supposed to be pretty legendary.

So far the biggest difference between my old EF 85/1.2LII which I've since sold, and my new SSC 85/1.2 Aspherical is that my SSC has a touch of glow wide open(that goes away one click down) that my EF version never had.

LightShow
Total Posts: 4894

nehemiahphoto wrote:

Indeed, and sooooo much fun.

solarwar

Hrm interesting, depending on what you mean by glow, I think wide open glow can really add some character to shot. Can you share an example of the glow ? I wonder if it glows the my CZJ glows, that would be pretty neat!

LightShow wrote:
solarwar wrote:
nehemiahphoto wrote:

So far the biggest difference between my old EF 85/1.2LII which I've since sold, and my new SSC 85/1.2 Aspherical is that my SSC has a touch of glow wide open(that goes away one click down) that my EF version never had.

freaklikeme
Total Posts: 5532

solarwar wrote:
Hrm interesting, depending on what you mean by glow, I think wide open glow can really add some character to shot. Can you share an example of the glow ? I wonder if it glows the my CZJ glows, that would be pretty neat!

LightShow wrote:
solarwar wrote:
nehemiahphoto wrote:

So far as I know, the only difference between the SSC and the FD L is the number of aperture blades (9 in the SSC and 8 in the L), so it likely has nicer stopped down bokeh. Everything LightShow is saying about the SSC holds true for the L, anyway, though some of the problem may be the camera or adapter and not the lens itself. Shot on a native mount on film, while it won't wow you with resolution of fine details, they are more apparent then on shots taken with the a7 wide open. But that's also true of the EF L- if you want the best out of that lens, shoot it on its native mount.

I do love my FD L, partially because of the "glow", which leads to some gentle focus transitions.

a7_FD85L_Frankie by thisgunforhire70, on Flickr

Snow_a7_FD85L_1 by thisgunforhire70, on Flickr

monday
Total Posts: 152

Just bought a sigma 35 1.4 from here cant wait for it to show up!

Mataz426
Total Posts: 325

Finally bought a Nikon 35mm 1.4g one of my favorite focal lengths.

srhphoto
Total Posts: 113

Jman13 wrote:
Picked up the rest of the Sigma trinity for e-mount. Have an A6000 coming tomorrow. Should make for a good base E-mount kit for reviews and casual shooting. I have to say, the 30 and 60 in particular are exceptional. The 19 is pretty good too, but not quite to the level of the other two. Best bang for the buck in mirrorless right now. Sigma has really become a major player.

I have the 19mm and 60mm in m4/3 mount. The 19mm is good, but I find the 60mm to be absolutely superb :-)

Simon.

sceptic
Total Posts: 62

A Pentacon 50 mm f/1.8, surprisingly good mechanical quality and focuses down to 1 ft/0.33 m. Also, I added this to my Vivitar collection:

Vivitar 100 mm f/2.8 1:1 macro by scepticswe, on Flickr
It seems a previous owner has taken the liberty of engraving a few magnification ratios of his own, but other than that it's in good shape.

atwl77
Total Posts: 157

Bought the Zeiss FE 24-70 for my A7R after testing two copies at the local store and picking the best one. Seems like a keeper.

Jos Light
Total Posts: 15

Picked up a Lensbaby Composer Pro.

Waiting for specific weather conditions before I take first shot.

1       2       3              179      
       181       182       end