What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?
/forum/topic/982966/165

1       2       3              165      
       167              182       183       end

lenticular11
Total Posts: 672

OpticalFlow wrote:
Would that be a Helios 58/2 or is there a 55 that I don't know about?

Good point - here's the original listing in which it states a 55/2

http://tinyurl.com/kkklgrx

The photos aren't large enought to clarify completely but I think you're correct that it's a 58mm

Norm Shapiro
Total Posts: 71

Nikon FC-E8 Fisheye Converter. Once I get in the needed step down rings I want to see how spherical panos look on my Nikon1 V1 camera. Hopefully I can get good enough quality with only 3 or 4 shots vs 8 with my my 10.5mm on my my DSLR's.

buggz2k
Total Posts: 1640

Sugoi!
Two more to add to my ever expanding Mamiya RZ67 Pro II kit.
Mamiya-Sekor Z 65/4 W
Mamiya-Sekor Z 110/2.8 W

LightShow
Total Posts: 4898

lenticular11 wrote:
OpticalFlow wrote:
Would that be a Helios 58/2 or is there a 55 that I don't know about?

Good point - here's the original listing in which it states a 55/2

http://tinyurl.com/kkklgrx

The photos aren't large enought to clarify completely but I think you're correct that it's a 58mm

Yup, 58/2
More info here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/complete-list-of-helios-lenses-getting-closer-t26100.html

freaklikeme
Total Posts: 5535

helimat wrote:
To answer your question, I believe that when they went to the MM mount, it changed to the 1:2 C-Planar. I could be wrong though.

Peire wrote:
AFAIK S-Makro Planar 60/2.8 and Makro Planar 100/2.8 C/Y were only AE.

That's what I thought. Thanks, gentlemen.

everprentice
Total Posts: 29

Here's a stupid question: alt = alternative? Kinda confused because I saw a Nikon "alt" lens used in a Nikon body amongst the posts.

rico
Total Posts: 3802

freaklikeme wrote:
... do you know if they ever made the S-Planar 60 Macro in MM or was it just the C-Planar?

I believe manufacturing of the 60/2.8 1:1 moved to Japan and was renamed Makro-Planar, but retained the AE mechanism. My version is the original S-Planar (engraved "Lens made in West Germany").

carstenw
Total Posts: 15075

everprentice wrote:
Here's a stupid question: alt = alternative? Kinda confused because I saw a Nikon "alt" lens used in a Nikon body amongst the posts.

The older manual focus lenses are generally considered alt, regardless of manufacturer. There is also at least one member who posts Canon L lens shots on Canon bodies, but he is impossible to discourage.

helimat
Total Posts: 3720

carstenw wrote:
everprentice wrote:

The older manual focus lenses are generally considered alt, regardless of manufacturer. There is also at least one member who posts Canon L lens shots on Canon bodies, but he is impossible to discourage.

joanlvh
Total Posts: 1267

Carstenew and Helimat, is this correct in terms of the alt forum, an old manual focus lens Nikon on an a7 is alt, but on a Nikon camera, it is not?? thanks

jcolwell
Total Posts: 20234

joanlvh wrote:
... an old manual focus lens Nikon on an a7 is alt, but on a Nikon camera, it is not??

They both sound like Alt, to me.

"Old manual focus lens" is Alt, regardless!

aeonsim
Total Posts: 112

Picked up some second hand Minolta SR lenses & a couple of old FD mount one.

Minolta Rokkor-HG 35mm F2.8 (Pretty much perfect, little bit of oil on blades)
Minolta Rokkor-PF 58mm F1.4 (Blades were stuck, fixed but can't get all way down to F16).
Minolta Tele Rokkor-PF 135mm F2.8 (perfect condition)

FD mount:
Tokina EL 28mm F2.8
Canon FD 50mm F1.8
?? Ross MC 80-200 F4 (Can't find any info about the Ross brand/lens)

carstenw
Total Posts: 15075

joanlvh wrote:
Carstenew and Helimat, is this correct in terms of the alt forum, an old manual focus lens Nikon on an a7 is alt, but on a Nikon camera, it is not?? thanks

Both alt. It isn't really fair to penalize Nikon for keeping long-term compatibility AF is where the line is usually drawn for Nikkors.

Peire
Total Posts: 1279

Nice as-new Yashica ML 24/2.8.

Hexonxonx
Total Posts: 47

Good news for those awaiting their OTUS, mine has finally arrived after a 2 months wait, that means the second ( ? ) batch is pouring worldwide !
Extremely smooth focus ring, not convinced about the rubber ...will certainly catch dust like some USB keys, grip when cold ( ? ) and the " open window " above the markings is a gateway for dust or worse
Will test this WE if wheather allows ...

R.Young
Total Posts: 915

Not a lens but I just bought a Minolta XD11 from Texas, apparently not been used in about 30 year so hoping it will be mint as described. Can get rid of the plastic X700 if it works

CronoDL
Total Posts: 127

My latest is a Nikkor 85mm f2 AIS. Should be here in a few days!

sebboh
Total Posts: 10024

R.Young wrote:
Not a lens but I just bought a Minolta XD11 from Texas, apparently not been used in about 30 year so hoping it will be mint as described. Can get rid of the plastic X700 if it works

sweet! hope the internals are still good after sitting for all that time. it's definitely a step up from the x700 in pretty much every way.

jeffryscott
Total Posts: 223

Just bought a trio of Tokina's: 12-24 f4, 16-50 2.8 and 50-135 2.8. Had the 16-50 and 50-135 Pentax equivalents and they were fabulous lenses. So far, both seem to equal their siblings on my D7000.

R.Young
Total Posts: 915

sebboh wrote:
R.Young wrote:

sweet! hope the internals are still good after sitting for all that time. it's definitely a step up from the x700 in pretty much every way.

Knowing my luck it will be ceased up. Anyone know how easy old slrs are to open up and clean/lube?

1       2       3              165      
       167              182       183       end